Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   ahhhh you gotta love vince young (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56781)

barrett 12-13-2008 02:04 AM

ahhhh you gotta love vince young

this is just a bit of commentary:

i was sitting here thinking about our big game on sunday against the hated tacks and the hated vince young and then i had this sort of giggle come over me. not in a "what a crazy roller coaster world we live in!" sort of way, but in a "man. justice. sweet sweet justice." sort of way. not a bunch of hoopla and i told you so's, but rather just a simple sigh of relief that good will prevail. and evil and arrogance will eventually wear a stupid santa hat with a red nose and not make the playoffs or have a mental breakdown, or go to prison for not liking puppy dogs etc. life's pretty good down here in reality. i like this world we live in where andre johnson is the "best WR in football" and mario is the clear "best choice" and walter is getting talk of a probowl nod. good guy slaton is the hardest young runner in the draft, "open" daniels is dedicated to becoming a better blocker. i mean come on people? isn't this the way it's supposed to be? hard work, honesty and truth? the better man prevails etc. etc. maybe this time next year it will all come clear that the better man has won and evil is well, still all over the place but it feels pretty good being the little guy. doing it the right way.

go gee gosh golly texans!

doin' it right since 06'

superdave532 12-13-2008 03:46 AM

Re: ahhhh you gotta love vince young

Building through the lines is the way to go, as we've taken 2 d-lineman and an o-lineman is the first rounds of the last 3 drafts. This team is on it's way (because Okoye will without a doubt pan out and become the next Warren Sapp, and Brown will become a solid left tackle).

With that being said, i still hope Vince has a great career even if the rest of it is against us in our division. A houston boy who did the great things he has done deserves it.

TheIronDuke 12-13-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superdave532 (Post 1074664)
Building through the lines is the way to go, as we've taken 2 d-lineman and an o-lineman is the first rounds of the last 3 drafts. This team is on it's way (because Okoye will without a doubt pan out and become the next Warren Sapp, and Brown will become a solid left tackle).

With that being said, i still hope Vince has a great career even if the rest of it is against us in our division. A houston boy who did the great things he has done deserves it.

What makes you think that "without a doubt" Okoye's the next Warren Sapp? :thinking:

b0ng 12-13-2008 09:15 AM

I don't understand this thread at all. Maybe I need more drugs?

Buffi2 12-13-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 1074705)

Gee Golly Gosh -:thinking: Father ( McNair) Knows Best meets the Lone Ranger (good guys only need apply) and find Superman Kubiak fighting for truth, justice and the 'Texan Winning' way. Sortof gives one a warm fuzzy feeling - I like it!

BigWig 12-13-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrett (Post 1074661)

i was sitting here thinking about our big game on sunday against the hated tacks and the hated vince young and then i had this sort of giggle come over me. not in a "what a crazy roller coaster world we live in!" sort of way, but in a "man. justice. sweet sweet justice." sort of way. not a bunch of hoopla and i told you so's, but rather just a simple sigh of relief that good will prevail. and evil and arrogance will eventually wear a stupid santa hat with a red nose and not make the playoffs or have a mental breakdown, or go to prison for not liking puppy dogs etc. life's pretty good down here in reality. i like this world we live in where andre johnson is the "best WR in football" and mario is the clear "best choice" and walter is getting talk of a probowl nod. good guy slaton is the hardest young runner in the draft, "open" daniels is dedicated to becoming a better blocker. i mean come on people? isn't this the way it's supposed to be? hard work, honesty and truth? the better man prevails etc. etc. maybe this time next year it will all come clear that the better man has won and evil is well, still all over the place but it feels pretty good being the little guy. doing it the right way.

doin' it right since 06'

I had no idea your are so prolific, well done Mr barrett, rep coming your way!

ObsiWan 12-13-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrett (Post 1074661)

doin' it right since 06'

for those who don't get it, this is the Anti-"We Need Thugs to Win" post
...and I'm on board with it

b0ng 12-13-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1074726)

I guess the title threw me off then.

steelbtexan 12-13-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1074726)

I dont care how we win as long as we win.

Thug or no thug

It is nice to see the COWGIRLS imploding though.

V3rm0nt3r 12-13-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbtexan (Post 1074742)
I dont care how we win as long as we win.

Thug or no thug

It is nice to see the COWGIRLS imploding though.

I think you have to have a balance to be successful.

too many "extravagant personalities" and you become the Cowpies or the Bengals (Ocho Cinco by himself has WAYYYY too many), and the Raiders (it's night of the living dead mofos).

not enough and you become the Bradyless Patriots. With Brady they didn't need or want any. The guy is just too damn good but now that Moss has seemed to put his past behind him and the only thug they have is a 1000 year old safety this year's team is slipping and might not make the playoffs.

but if you have a balance you get Tennessee (face stomper), New York Giants (leg shooter), and Miami (HUGE MOUTH). the difference here is that they have an offset to the equation. the G-men have Eli, Miami's got Penningtion, and Tennessee has the sweet old grandpa lining up behind center with his O2 tank alongside him.

brakos82 12-13-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r (Post 1074762)
I think you have to have a balance to be successful.

too many "extravagant personalities" and you become the Cowpies or the Bengals (Ocho Cinco by himself has WAYYYY too many), and the Raiders (it's night of the living dead mofos).

not enough and you become the Bradyless Patriots. With Brady they didn't need or want any. The guy is just too damn good but now that Moss has seemed to put his past behind him and the only thug they have is a 1000 year old safety this year's team is slipping and might not make the playoffs.

but if you have a balance you get Tennessee (face stomper), New York Giants (leg shooter), and Miami (HUGE MOUTH). the difference here is that they have an offset to the equation. the G-men have Eli, Miami's got Penningtion, and Tennessee has the sweet old grandpa lining up behind center with his O2 tank alongside him.

Old?! I'll show YOU old... :pirate:

b0ng 12-13-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r (Post 1074762)
and Tennessee has the sweet old grandpa lining up behind center with his O2 tank alongside him.

To be fair to Collins, the tank isn't filled with O2, it's filled with Jack Daniels.

brakos82 12-13-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 1074782)
To be fair to Collins, the tank isn't filled with O2, it's filled with Jack Daniels.

:spit:

TimeKiller 12-13-2008 12:02 PM

No, we don't need thugs...

...but one wouldn't hurt, would it?

TexansFanatic 12-13-2008 12:19 PM

Quote:

:rofl:

brakos82 12-13-2008 12:31 PM

Quote:

Just steal Collins' Jack. It'll make more sense... and if it doesn't, make sure you don't puke on the carpet.

spurstexanstros 12-13-2008 04:05 PM

I still think Vince throws like a girl...not to insult the ladies but I have seen some that can throw better than Radio.