Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Firing the Offensive Coodinator (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5666)

Texans Pride 01-04-2005 06:15 PM

Jags fire offensive Corr

The jags fired thier offensive Corrdinator, why the hell won't we!

axman40 01-04-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans Pride
The jags fired thier offensive Corrdinator,

Did we do that? TEXANS 41 Jags 6
:jumpbanan

texans 01-04-2005 06:39 PM

Norm Chow

we need to bring in norm chow as our OC or some one to help chris becase i dont think he can handle the job alone any more. (how old is he , like 7o eek: )

jagsfanincanada 01-04-2005 08:08 PM

Mwa ha ha, wait till next year now boys (and girls)! :D If our offense had done ANYTHING right we would have at least split, and now hopefully next year they will. Your offense only scored 27 pts in both meetings; our defense didn't play that bad (minus the crappy effort on Davis in the 2nd game).

jagsfanincanada 01-04-2005 08:09 PM

Everyone wants Norm Chow; everyone on the Jags board is all over his nuts too. I doubt he's leaving USC any time soon though.

Rovator 01-04-2005 08:25 PM

Yeah we must suck if our offense "only" scored 27 points. Oh wait, that's over 4 times the number of points the jags scored ;)

axman40 01-04-2005 09:12 PM

I thnk Norm Chow would be happy to make the jump to the NFL!
:cool:

edo783 01-04-2005 09:41 PM

The current savior of the week coach. Great coordinator that is for sure.

805joe 01-05-2005 01:12 PM

If Texans want to win...

then they need to get rid of Palmer. Carr has develped quite nicely, and continues to prove that he is a very classy person, who is a true professional. He needs a new OC to turn the corner. That is where the blame needs to lie. The tools are there. They need a more productive OLine, but the offensive unit should be producing more. What happened to Billy Miller's role in the offense. They only way to keep safeties honest and not bracket the WRs is to throw the ball to the TE. I am not a Texan fan, just an unbiased observer.

jagsfanincanada 01-05-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rovator
Yeah we must suck if our offense "only" scored 27 points. Oh wait, that's over 4 times the number of points the jags scored ;)

I never said our offense didn't REALLY suck.

But in fairness we were without Taylor and with a hurt Leftwich both games. :D

Blake 01-05-2005 01:19 PM

OC's under fire.

"Stay tuned, though, on that and other fronts. In a season that featured more wide-open attacks as the league more strictly enforced the illegal contact rule in the secondary, any coordinator whose unit didn't demonstrate progress might be fair game."

El Tejano 01-05-2005 01:20 PM

And our Texans defense had much to do with those injuries.

Grid 01-05-2005 01:31 PM

Palmer is staying and you cannot say he isnt doing a good job until we get an Oline that allows him to do his job.

infantrycak 01-05-2005 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hulk75
.its like we let the D make our calls for us.......we need a corrdinator that isn't so confusing.

Are you contending that there is a single team out there that doesn't base their game plan/play calling on the defensive formations they are facing? What do you think Manning is doing running around behind the line for 20 seconds before every play?

Grid 01-05-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

you must not know football or you are a family member of guy. He is to conservative in his play calling and does not put david and the other players in good situations........i wish some people would watch the films over and over before they make comments.

Well i dont know everything, but im not entirely ignorant.. here are some facts.

1. Conservative offenses can be as effective as unconservative ones. Just cause we arent throwing 40 yards down field every third play, doesnt mean we arent trying to win.

2. We are fashioning the team after teams like the Steelers and Dolphins. Play hard, dont worry about being sneaky.. just go out, give the opponent hell and beat them by doing your job well. Do you feel the Steelers and Dolphins dont know how to play football?

3. Capers is just as responsible, if not more responsible for the plays being called on the field.

4. Carr audibles into a different play 25% of the time.. that is one out of every 4 plays.. meaning.. almost every set of downs. Most of the time the audible is into a run.

5. All the coaching staff have been signed for 2 more years... 5 year plan, remember? Consistency in the coaching staff is important.

im sorry you "watched game film over and over" and didnt realize any of this.

our Oline does not give us time to let plays develop.. for most of the year it also did not allow us to have an effective running game. If an Oline cannot open running lanes, and cannot provide pass protection.. where does that leave you? thats right.. with the most sacks of the season, no trip to the playoffs, and an offensive coordinator wrongly taking all the blame.

infantrycak 01-05-2005 02:07 PM

Quote:

Do you understand what i am trying to get at.......we dont go out there and say this is how we run our offinse you try to stop us

Then you don't understand at all what Capers is trying to build. That is exactly what grinding running game/long ball teams do--see Pittsburgh this year and Miami while Ricky Williams was there. Everyone knew exactly what they were going to do and that it was very conservative but had a hard time stopping them, or in Pittsburgh's case this year wasn't stopped at all.

PS--punctuation is your friend.

Vinny 01-05-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Do you understand what i am trying to get at.......we dont go out there and say this is how we run our offinse you try to stop us why do you think we get so many delay of game penelties because there are so many things Carr has to check down to, it is very confusing and takes so much time.....Palmer has no idea what to call so he makes Dre and the other recievers "just go deep".

Funny how Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, & Tim Couch all had career years under Palmer and when Palmer leaves they all become average QB's again (in the case of Couch he isn't even in the NFL).

infantrycak 01-05-2005 02:13 PM

Quote:

well you know what dont draft a QB #1 overal and a WR #3 overal........These guys were not ment for this kind of offinse. :BananaWav

I would beg to differ.

Signed Ben Roethlisberger, Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress & Antwan Randel El.

Co-signed Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann & John Stallworth plus Troy Aikman & Michael Irvin

Vinny 01-05-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

well you know what dont draft a QB #1 overal and a WR #3 overal........These guys were not ment for this kind of offinse. :BananaWav

Expansion teams have to draft for all positions and this argument is as weak as any I have seen on this board. You take talent and you play to win. You don't look for lesser talents when you draft just because you don't want to have an offense like the Rams.

HJam72 01-05-2005 04:25 PM

I'm sure that AJ would get the ball more if the O-line would learn to protect Carr. Not only that, but it probably be play-action passes for a lot of yardage. Capers doesn't want to pass a lot, but he does want to pass more and a LOT deeper.