Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Anything New on Vince Young? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56600)

awtysst 12-08-2008 12:19 AM

Anything New on Vince Young?
 
This is not meant to be any sort of shot at Vince. I am just wondering if there has been anything new news on him. I haven't heard anything in weeks and I figured some Titans fans could fill me in.
Thanks!

imatexan 12-08-2008 12:21 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Aw man I was looking foward to bashing VY :(

The Pencil Neck 12-08-2008 12:25 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by awtysst (Post 1070702)
This is not meant to be any sort of shot at Vince. I am just wondering if there has been anything new news on him. I haven't heard anything in weeks and I figured some Titans fans could fill me in.
Thanks!

Last I heard, he missed a couple of practices this past week because of an infection of cuticle or something.

He also got to play a little bit on Turkey day when the game was totally out of reach.

Silver Oak 12-08-2008 06:23 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
From what I see on the highlight shows, the Tennessee receivers have suddenly become ball magnets. Not near as many "drops" with Collins as they had with vy.

Will have to be somewhat humbling for him to come back to Reliant as one of the leagues highest paid backup qb's, but then again there's no telling what's going through that mind of his.

gtexan02 12-08-2008 07:59 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
I think he's stillw aiting for love and support, hugs and kisses, etc from the fans

MannyFresh 12-08-2008 08:01 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 1070753)
I think he's stillw aiting for love and support, hugs and kisses, etc from the fans

Along with the limo that supposed to pick him from his house and drive him 10 minutes to the stadium or has he come up missing again?

Honoring Earl 34 12-08-2008 08:02 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
The irony is some fans wanted Vince to replace Carr and now both are backups .

nero THE zero 12-08-2008 08:07 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Latest news is that he was Questionable for Week 14. He suffered a thumb injury they think was due to excessive sucking.

Hervoyel 12-08-2008 08:35 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
He got a new endorsement contract.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...nceSausage.gif

Texan_Bill 12-08-2008 08:50 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 1070768)

Repped.... Awesome!!!!!!

mexican_texan 12-08-2008 08:54 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Oak (Post 1070743)
From what I see on the highlight shows, the Tennessee receivers have suddenly become ball magnets. Not near as many "drops" with Collins as they had with vy.

Will have to be somewhat humbling for him to come back to Reliant as one of the leagues highest paid backup qb's, but then again there's no telling what's going through that mind of his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pAg5hCQaA


All this homosexual VY talk is disturbing. It stopped being funny months ago. :lion:

Hervoyel 12-08-2008 09:00 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mexican_texan (Post 1070782)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8pAg5hCQaA


All this homosexual VY talk is disturbing. It stopped being funny months ago. :lion:

I know it did but that's not the point. Have you ever seen something go from funny to not funny anymore, and then all the way back around to funny again because it's been beaten to death? That's where this is going, trust me.

Htownsportsfan 12-08-2008 09:15 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
As it stand now VY and the our former number 8 appear to be riding the bench all they way to the superbowl pending a collapse!

mexican_texan 12-08-2008 09:32 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 1070794)
I know it did but that's not the point. Have you ever seen something go from funny to not funny anymore, and then all the way back around to funny again because it's been beaten to death? That's where this is going, trust me.

According to that logic, I'm breaking out my Porch Monkey shirt again.

Hervoyel 12-08-2008 09:40 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mexican_texan (Post 1070841)
According to that logic, I'm breaking out my Porch Monkey shirt again.


You takin it back?

Blazing Arrow 12-08-2008 10:57 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Young Update:
He is going to the playoffs.


Texans update:
They are not.

:smiliedance:

Moo!

eriadoc 12-08-2008 11:31 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1070937)
Young Update:
He is going to the playoffs.


Texans update:
They are not.

:smiliedance:

Moo!

So did Young take them to the playoffs?

I said all along to every Tacks fan that argued against me that the running game and defense is what carried that team, and they'd be better off without VY. I sure wish VY hadn't melted down - the Tacks would still be mediocre.

Hervoyel 12-08-2008 11:50 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1070937)
Young Update:
He is going to the playoffs.


Texans update:
They are not.

:smiliedance:


Moo!


Titans are a good team and are going to the playoffs. No doubt about that. This thread isn't about that. It's about Vince Young. He is of course going to the playoffs like all the other Titans. Of course Vince will do it standing on the sidelines trying to look interested and thinking about going to lunch at the Dick Deli but that's beside the point. Vince is going to the playoffs. Thank you for your contribution.

infantrycak 12-08-2008 11:57 AM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel (Post 1071015)
Titans are a good team and are going to the playoffs. No doubt about that. This thread isn't about that. It's about Vince Young. He is of course going to the playoffs like all the other Titans. Of course Vince will do it standing on the sidelines trying to look interested and thinking about going to lunch at the Dick Deli but that's beside the point. Vince is going to the playoffs. Thank you for your contribution.

Maybe they'll send him to the probowl again this year--he has earned it just about as much as his rookie season.

Blazing Arrow 12-08-2008 12:03 PM

Re: Anything New on Vince Young?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 1070990)
So did Young take them to the playoffs?

I said all along to every Tacks fan that argued against me that the running game and defense is what carried that team, and they'd be better off without VY. I sure wish VY hadn't melted down - the Tacks would still be mediocre.

Yes because 10-6 and making the playoffs is mediocre. :rolleyes:

Riddle me this Batman ... if 10-6 is mediocre; what is a team that has finished within 2 games of that one time in the franchise history?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger