Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Looking to Next Year (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5631)

TexansFan#80 01-03-2005 05:15 PM

Looking to Next Year

In 2005, the Texans will host the Cardinals, Rams, Browns, Steelers and Chiefs in addition to their division opponents. Houston will travel to Seattle, San Francisco, Baltimore, Cincinnati and Buffalo in addition to their division trips.

Home

Cards - Win
Rams - Loss (close game)
Browns - Win
Steelers - Loss
Chiefs - Win
Colts - Loss
Jags - Win
Titans - Win

Away

Seahawks - Win
49'ers - Win
Ravens - Loss
Bengals - Win
Bills - Loss
Colts - Loss
Jags - Win
Titans - Win

I'm thinking the Texans got 10-6 and do make a trip to the post season. This is just my optimistic opinion. What do you guys think?

pek281 01-03-2005 05:17 PM

I only see 8 wins there.

TEXANS84 01-03-2005 05:17 PM

Umm..I'll wait till training camp to make predictions.

AndreJ 01-03-2005 05:18 PM

I was gonna make a thread just like this but i thought it might be to early to start predicting for next season. I want to atleast wait and see how the drafts go and see what teams makes big FA transactions in the offseason. Having a look at the preseason games would help too to get a better ideal.

Im gonna hold off for now.

Txnpride 01-03-2005 05:18 PM

Ill take it!!!!

MIGHTYTEX 01-03-2005 06:03 PM

I would like to see 9-7 but would be content with 8-8

pittbull 01-03-2005 06:25 PM

I'm feeling good about next season....

I don't want to sound like some of the other crying fans out there, because I think we have a lot in place for the future, with the exception of the O-line and O-coordinator. I think both will be addressed in the offseason!!! Here's my prediction!

Home

Cards - Win
Rams - win
Browns - Win
Steelers - Loss
Chiefs - loss
Colts -win (Finally get one against Indy!!!, due to Manning being injured)
Jags - Win
Titans - Win

Away

Seahawks - Loss
49'ers - Win
Ravens - win
Bengals - Win
Bills - Loss
Colts - Loss
Jags - Win
Titans - loss

10-6 season, and the Texans get there first playoff appearance! Carr goes over 4,000 yards passing and 25TD, Davis 1,300 yards rushing, Johnson 1,350 and 10 TD's Robinson gets a pro bowl nod, and Peek leads the team in sacks with 11!! :whew

Anishin 01-03-2005 06:41 PM

Damn, that looks like another tough schedule, when do we get the easy one? I remember I first and second year we had one of the hardest schedules, haven't seen to much on the breakdown on winning percentages of our opponents in year 3.

the wonger need food 01-03-2005 06:46 PM

11-5 is a possibility. No worse than 9-7.

brickmantexanfan 01-03-2005 06:47 PM

I think it will work out just fine we should make the right moves in the off season and come back really strong,remember we have gotten better every year(W/L) there is no reason to believe next year will be any different.

By the way.Do you guys like my new avatar?

BornOrange 01-03-2005 07:40 PM

Predicting results this early before free agency and the draft is kinda meaningless, but since there isn't anything better to do I will take a stab.

HOME

Cards - Win - They should be improved in Green's second year, but not that much
Rams - Win - As long as Martz is their coach, they will underachieve
Browns - Win - Revenge will be sweet
Steelers - Loss - I think this could be a win, but we will probably lose a game we shouldn't
Chiefs - Win - The Chiefs will be better next year, but not good enough
Colts - Win - This will be a Battle Red Day.
Jags - Win - We will hold serve against the Jaguars
Titans - Win - The Titans will have another down year

AWAY

Seahawks - Win - They are going to lose some talent this offseason
49'ers - Win - They are now one of the worst franchises
Ravens - Loss - Could be a win if the Ravens don't find an offense
Bengals - Win - We owe this team, and I think Palmer is going to flop
Bills - Loss - We've already won a game here, it will be hard to repeat
Colts - Loss - They are too tough for us in their dome
Jags - Loss - The Jags hold serve
Titans - Win - The Titans will be in last again

Add it up and it's an optimistic 11-5. 10-6 is more realistic
7-1 at home
4-4 on the road

I think next year the Texans are going to make winning at home even more of an emphasis. Playoff teams usually mop up at home and play .500 or better on the road. A home record of at least 6-2 should be the goal next year.

The Texans have actually been a pretty good road team. Not one of the better teams in the league, mind you, but one that can win in some pretty tough places. Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Miami, and Kansas City are some of the toughest venues in the NFL and the Texans have won at all four of them. Of the Texans 16 all time wins, 8 of them have been on the road. And we went 4-4 on the road this year, so expecting to do the same next year is realistic.

BuffSoldier 01-03-2005 08:00 PM

I think depending on who we get in the draft and FA, we could do as good as 12-4, but thats being very optimistic, I expect at east 9-7.

texansfan88 01-03-2005 08:01 PM

we can go 0-16, we can go 16-0

it is WAYYYYYYY too early to predict anything. It's going to be a long offseason for you already predicting

gwallaia 01-03-2005 08:56 PM

This thread is incredibly hilarious. :rofl:

AndreJ 01-03-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
:shocked Are you saying something positive, whoa! :shocked

It is to early to predict anything but my expectations are 10 wins next year. This year was 7-8.

Shocked me too.

TxDavid 01-03-2005 09:25 PM

Damn this thread came out a few months too early. I guess I'll take Superbowl. All the way baby!

nunusguy 01-03-2005 09:48 PM

The playoffs & 10-6, maybe 11-5. Wow, what optimists ! Look how we struggled this year to win 7. And those 7 wins included sweeping 2 of our division rivals - how often do you think that will happen ? Sorry, but I just don't think we are 1 or 2 guys away from being a playoff team. This team has
to make more than just marginal improvement. And it has to have some
kind of con sistancy. Oh, we'll get better thru the draft, but so will everyone
else. And after yesterday we're gonna win in double digits next year ?

edo783 01-03-2005 10:55 PM

With the teams we have to play in 05 we will have a good season at 9 wins. Haven't exactly been bullet proof at home.

TEAL CURTAIN 01-03-2005 11:06 PM

Wow you guy's haven't had a winning season yet but based on these predictions you may go to super bowl!!!! Based on the B***H SLAPPING the BROWNS admimistered to you yesterday I think you'll be fighting the TITANS for the basement once again.

TEXANS84 01-03-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEAL CURTAIN
Wow you guy's haven't had a winning season yet but based on these predictions you may go to super bowl!!!! Based on the B***H SLAPPING the BROWNS admimistered to you yesterday I think you'll be fighting the TITANS for the basement once again.

2-0
41-6

Shoo fly.