Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Oh, the irony (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5584)

kevinjagsfan 01-02-2005 09:13 PM

Oh, the irony

you guys touted what happens when a team overlooks another team, like the jags did to you guys last week. then what happens? you overlook the browns, and get burned in your own house. what goes around comes around, fellas. parity's a b!tch, ain't it?

TexanBacker93 01-02-2005 09:16 PM

Salt, wounds...that's just mean.

Wolf 01-02-2005 09:16 PM

as much as I hate to admit it.. yes it is... we overlooked the browns

but they were a dangerous team.. they had something more to prove (end their losing streak) than we did.

shinerbock_girl 01-02-2005 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
you guys touted what happens when a team overlooks another team, like the jags did to you guys last week. then what happens? you overlook the browns, and get burned in your own house. what goes around comes around, fellas. parity's a b!tch, ain't it?

You know, i'll be the first to say your right..You overlooked us like we OVERLOOKED the Browns....I was worried about this from the start...Guess thats why i don't talk too much smack unless its protecting my team because you never know when you'll be in that position...And yes we got burned in our own house...The way they played they deserved this...I know how you guys felt...

utahmark 01-02-2005 09:19 PM

you guy's playing on sat or sunday next week?

shinerbock_girl 01-02-2005 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanBacker55
Salt, wounds...that's just mean.

No, not mean because we did that to them didn't we, I mean pour salt on their wounds....

kevinjagsfan 01-02-2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markbeth
you guy's playing on sat or sunday next week?

and what place are the texans now in the AFC south? what's your record?

gwallaia 01-02-2005 09:21 PM

Yep, the Browns killed us. Imagine what they would have done to the Jags??

Tailgate 01-02-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

LOL. The difference between this lost and yours last week is... we didnt have the playoffs within our grasp!!! Not quite the same there chief.

We were simply playing for momentum heading into next season. The only thing we really lost was maybe improving our draft pick.

shinerbock_girl 01-02-2005 09:22 PM

Hell i'm ready for next year, who else is??? lol....

edo783 01-02-2005 09:22 PM

I wondered how long a Jagoff would take to get here when we lost and they won. Bet it would have been a really long time the other way round. Given that, he is right, we didn't play like we wanted it and they did. Read that they really wanted it for Robinskie so that he would have a shot at the Head Coaches job. Better motivated than we were. Sounds a bit like a coaching issue.

Errant Hothy 01-02-2005 09:24 PM

Quote:

Overall, close enough to your's that your smack sounds lame. Against the division, better than yours. Against your team...well...I'm sure you can recall.

kevinjagsfan 01-02-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia
Yep, the Browns killed us. Imagine what they would have done to the Jags??

the texans got beat by a soundly crappier team than they are. at least the texans-jags matchup well. your game shouldn't even have been close.

you guys let kelly holcomb complete 2/3 of his passes.
lee suggs rush for over 100 yards.

david carr had a carrish day (he didn't screw up at least)

where the hell was dunta and the rest of ya'lls d?

gwallaia 01-02-2005 09:27 PM

Hey, atleast both teams are missing the playoffs.

Had the Jags been able to compete with the Texans and atleast beat us once, they would probably be in the playoffs.

But 6 points in two games is not going to cut it.

shinerbock_girl 01-02-2005 09:28 PM

Quote:

Ok remember what i said i don't talk smack unless its protecting my team, so with that said, REMEMBER WE STILL BEAT YOU AND IN A VERYYY BAD WAY, TWICE....Once may be embarrassing but twice is HUMILATING.....So i would hardly bring up records right now.....

Wolf 01-02-2005 09:29 PM

actually the D was there. but the O didn't show up and get the points when the D gave us field position

kevinjagsfan 01-02-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf
actually the D was there. but the O didn't show up and get the points when the D gave us field position

yeah, i see that after looking over the game stats. you guys punted 7 times. 7 TIMES! to the browns no less.

Wolf 01-02-2005 09:34 PM

same could be said about the jags.. we dont' have a fred taylor

we are a young team with an OL that either can improve or needs to get some good players in here

kevinjagsfan 01-02-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32
We beat you twice this year,held you without a TD, and kept you out of the playoffs. You have no smack here. Get outta here. Cleveland at least scored a TD on us, maybe they are better than you! :heh:

who's got the better record? we held the colts to 23 points both times. how many points did they score on ya'll the 2 times you played them? 2 can play at this game

gwallaia 01-02-2005 09:35 PM

We punted 7 times. Damn, that's a lot.
The Jags scored 6 points against us in two games. Damn, that's not a lot.