Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Should I start Slaton? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55577)

Ckw 11-06-2008 02:35 PM

Should I start Slaton?

I have mixed emotions. I want to start Slaton against Baltimore with the hopes that he will do what basically no RB has done this season against Baltimore: play well.

My other options are McFadden (CAR), Chris Chambers (KC), and Kevin Faulk(Buf).

This is for the flex position by the way.

Texecutioner 11-06-2008 02:38 PM

Re: Should I start Slaton?

The alternatives are that great. Maybe Chambers at KC. Other than that, Slaton might be just as good of a start as the others.

MannyFresh 11-06-2008 02:39 PM

Sit the rookie, you got 3 way better options....McFadden,,,eh, Chambers is ok but he'll be sharing receptions with Jackson and Gates, Faulk is a good option.

Ckw 11-06-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1045288)
The alternatives are that great. Maybe Chambers at KC. Other than that, Slaton might be just as good of a start as the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyFresh (Post 1045289)
Sit the rookie, you got 3 way better options....McFadden,,,eh, Chambers is ok but he'll be sharing receptions with Jackson and Gates, Faulk is a good option.

Thanks guys. I will rep you tomorrow as I can't rep anymore for the next 24 hours...

Texecutioner, I totally agree about the other guys but what about Chambers? Before he was injured, he was a touchdown machine and KC is horrible against the pass. BUT I will really be kicking myself if I watch Slaton run all over Baltimore. I doubt it will happen but he has the ability to do it.

MannyFresh, I will definitely consider Faulk. He just doesn't ever seem to get the ball in the red zone. You think with Morris out that he will? Thanks again!

beerlover 11-06-2008 03:05 PM

Andre then Owen have taken weekly honors, I'd give Steve a honest shot that his turn comes this Sunday. wish I had that option to me its a no-brainer :thinking:

TEXANS84 11-06-2008 03:08 PM

See if you can't pick up Ray Rice. He's relatively unheard of so far, and I just picked him up this week in my league. Rice against Houston Defense = 20 points.

Ckw 11-06-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 (Post 1045320)
See if you can't pick up Ray Rice. He's relatively unheard of so far, and I just picked him up this week in my league. Rice against Houston Defense = 20 points.

I definitely would have but someone already picked him up.

MannyFresh 11-06-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 (Post 1045320)

I picked up Rice too, but isn't he going to split runs with McGehee?

gtexan02 11-06-2008 03:10 PM

Are you in a points per reception league? If so, I would highly suggest starting Slaton. I think Baltimores defense is suseptible to the check down, and with this being Sage's start, I think Kubiak is going to implement a safe gameplan using a lot of short passes to his RBs. I predict at least 4-6 catches for slaton this week

beerlover 11-06-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 1045325)
Are you in a points per reception league? If so, I would highly suggest starting Slaton. I think Baltimores defense is suseptible to the check down, and with this being Sage's start, I think Kubiak is going to implement a safe gameplan using a lot of short passes to his RBs. I predict at least 4-6 catches for slaton this week

bingo :money:

TEXANS84 11-06-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyFresh (Post 1045324)
I picked up Rice too, but isn't he going to split runs with McGehee?

McGehee is still nursing an injury/steady returing. Last week Rice had 154 yards rushing, nice burst off the edge. He is going to burn us this week.

Texecutioner 11-06-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ckw5814 (Post 1045307)
Thanks guys. I will rep you tomorrow as I can't rep anymore for the next 24 hours...

Texecutioner, I totally agree about the other guys but what about Chambers? Before he was injured, he was a touchdown machine and KC is horrible against the pass. BUT I will really be kicking myself if I watch Slaton run all over Baltimore. I doubt it will happen but he has the ability to do it.

MannyFresh, I will definitely consider Faulk. He just doesn't ever seem to get the ball in the red zone. You think with Morris out that he will? Thanks again!

That's what I said earlier. Chambers isn't a bad alternative. It;s just that he has sort of cooled off lately and Jackson is getting more balls thrown to him.

I really don't like Slaton this week. I have him on one of my teams, and I am starting M. Turner and Hightower over him.

I could see Slaton getting about 10 points though at least between rushing and receiving. And if he gets a TD, then I could see him putting up like 14 or something like that. I'd probably roll with Slaton though.

Ckw 11-06-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 1045325)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1045346)

That's what I said earlier. Chambers isn't a bad alternative. It;s just that he has sort of cooled off lately and Jackson is getting more balls thrown to him.

I really don't like Slaton this week. I have him on one of my teams, and I am starting M. Turner and Hightower over him.

I could see Slaton getting about 10 points though at least between rushing and receiving. And if he gets a TD, then I could see him putting up like 14 or something like that. I'd probably roll with Slaton though.

Great points. I am not in a point per reception league though. Just a point for every 10 yds rushing or receiving. So with that in mind, think I should still start Slaton? It is really between him, Chambers, and maybe Faulk?