Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Jags send mike peterson home (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55563)

mexican_texan 11-06-2008 10:05 AM

Jags send mike peterson home

Quote:

JAGS SEND MIKE PETERSON HOME
Posted by Josh Alper on November 5, 2008, 3:55 p.m.

Jaguars linebacker Mike Peterson was sent home from practice Wednesday, reports the Florida Times-Union.

There was no reason given for his departure, though the team said heíll likely be listed on the practice report as missed practice without an injury. Jags coach Jack Del Rio plans to release a statement about Petersonís departure after practice.

The move may be related to some other housekeeping Del Rio did on Wednesday. Locker locations were shifted all around the room, for reasons unknown to players who spoke to the Orlando Sentinel, although Fred Taylor said he thought it had nothing to do with improving chemistry among the 3-5 Jaguars.

Peterson leads the team with 48 tackles. He is in the final year of his contract and has expressed displeasure about his lack of a new deal in the past.
Per PFT.com. I'd love to have him play for us.

steelbtexan 11-06-2008 10:09 AM

Re: Jags send mike peterson home

Me too

He could be a good FA signing @ a low cost

txchick1971 11-06-2008 10:16 AM

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - The Jacksonville Jaguars had a much different feel to their locker room Wednesday. There was no one playing dominoes, no one blaring music and no one watching television.

There was no Mike Peterson, either. Coach Jack Del Rio sent the middle linebacker and team captain home Wednesday, two days after Del Rio questioned his team's chemistry.

It was unclear what prompted Del Rio's decision, but there was speculation it could have been because Peterson flexed his muscles following a tackle Sunday with the team trailing 21-3.

FULL ARTICLE

scourge 11-14-2008 05:17 PM

now he is the permanent backup per Del Rio on ESPN's website... I would love to have him in a Texans uni. don't matter to me what LB position he is at.

Mari-OWNED! 11-14-2008 05:23 PM

He plays MLB, and no clue if he could shift to the outside.

Also he is 32 years old. I'm not so giddy at trying to get this guy in a Texans uniform.

mexican_texan 11-14-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari-OWNED! (Post 1052448)
He plays MLB, and no clue if he could shift to the outside.

Also he is 32 years old. I'm not so giddy at trying to get this guy in a Texans uniform.

I am. It's not like our linebackers are indestructable.