Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   So who picked up Sage on their league? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55514)

MannyFresh 11-05-2008 10:28 AM

So who picked up Sage on their league?

I grabbed him as a short-term solution since my reg starter is Aaron Rodgers.

SheTexan 11-05-2008 10:33 AM

Re: So who picked up Sage on their league?

I might not have any other choice, since I have MS as my starter. I'm doomed. Thursday night game this week so I gotta get it figured out. I dumped my backup a couple weeks ago.

mexican_texan 11-05-2008 10:35 AM

I guess I'll have to. Hopefully Joe Flacco is available.

MannyFresh 11-05-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 1043790)
I might not have any other choice, since I have MS as my starter. I'm doomed. Thursday night game this week so I gotta get it figured out. I dumped my backup a couple weeks ago.

I'd pick him up quick then since he already has Daniels, A. Johnson, & Walters to throw to. If MS is really out 4 weeks and Sage does well, he could mean (at least for me) a chance to get into the playoffs in my league.:fans:

HoustonFrog 11-05-2008 10:37 AM

I don't need a QB but thought about it as a backup...then I checked the schedule. I don't see greatness.

txchick1971 11-05-2008 10:38 AM

free-rot and matty ryan are doing me very well......sage is not an option for me

:challenge

jaayteetx 11-05-2008 10:46 AM

I got Drew Brees, so I'm doing alright. On a related note, my backup qb was Schaub and on the ONLY week I needed him, he scores me a whopping one point!

Sal Rosenberg 11-05-2008 10:52 AM

Big Ben got hurt so I could have Bulger,Flacco,or Sage

mexican_texan 11-05-2008 11:06 AM

I picked up Joe Flacco instead of Sage. It's a temporary stopgap for now. I may pick up Sage after this game, but no way he gets more points than Flacco on Sunday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sal Rosenberg (Post 1043811)
Big Ben got hurt so I could have Bulger,Flacco,or Sage

I had Roethlisberger and Schaub. Looking back, it was a bad decision, but I think I got both in free agency. I wasted a pick on Tom Brady and another on Derek Anderson. I had to cut one in hopes I could pick him back up when he's healthy and I decided to cut Schaub. Hopefully that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.

SheTexan 11-06-2008 10:35 AM

OK guys!! Help me out. I gotta make a decision pretty soon. Do I take a chance with Sage, or pick up Flacco, knowing he's playing against OUR defense! I'm presently sitting in second place in my division in my league and have a good shot at the playoffs, IF I don't screw this up.

In the past it's been my conviction to NEVER play against the Texans, and I've done real well with that. I bench anyone who plays us. BUT, I don't have much to go with here, and I need someone to finish the season with. I don't think MS will be back, but, that's JMO!

Your opinions would be appreciated!!

Gma

mexican_texan 11-06-2008 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 1044946)
OK guys!! Help me out. I gotta make a decision pretty soon. Do I take a chance with Sage, or pick up Flacco, knowing he's playing against OUR defense! I'm presently sitting in second place in my division in my league and have a good shot at the playoffs, IF I don't screw this up.

In the past it's been my conviction to NEVER play against the Texans, and I've done real well with that. I bench anyone who plays us. BUT, I don't have much to go with here, and I need someone to finish the season with. I don't think MS will be back, but, that's JMO!

Your opinions would be appreciated!!

Gma

I'd go with Joe Flacco. Our defense will give up bigger numbers than Baltimore's defense

txchick1971 11-06-2008 10:37 AM

flacco.......but i'm last in my league so what do i know :gun:

beerlover 11-06-2008 11:18 AM

Sage....whether he scores 20 or 5, whether Flacco goes ape crazy or Texans lose place your bets on who makes you feel better @ end of the day. you are one of the very best Texans fans EVER, how would it feel as Sage plays his heart out (you know he will) Andre/OD both go off, Slaton, Walter, Anderson, Jacoby even Moats make plays to help him out & you chose :goodbad: the devil :evilb: I mean Joe Flacco?

picked him up myself this morning so I can talk, still have Pennington starting (22) while Sage is projected for 15, Joe Flacco is projected to go for 11. :texan:

MannyFresh 11-06-2008 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover (Post 1044993)
Sage....whether he scores 20 or 5, whether Flacco goes ape crazy or Texans lose place your bets on who makes you feel better @ end of the day. you are one of the very best Texans fans EVER, how would it feel as Sage plays his heart out (you know he will) Andre/OD both go off, Slaton, Walter, Anderson, Jacoby even Moats make plays to help him out & you chose :goodbad: the devil :evilb: I mean Joe Flacco?

picked him up myself this morning so I can talk, still have Pennington starting (22) while Sage is projected for 15, Joe Flacco is projected to go for 11. :texan:

Good point, I picked up Sage but A. Rodgers is still my starter, he's been putting up respectable numbers, but I also have Cutler who's throwing against Cleveland tonight. So decisions, decisions. :thinking:

mexican_texan 11-06-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyFresh (Post 1045003)
Good point, I picked up Sage but A. Rodgers is still my starter, he's been putting up respectable numbers, but I also have Cutler who's throwing against Cleveland tonight. So decisions, decisions. :thinking:

I don't think Cutler's healed from his thumb injury yet. I'd go with Rodgers.

beerlover 11-06-2008 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyFresh (Post 1045003)

you have absolutely a stud team then, other than Brees you can't do much better than that :)

Rodgers is projected 14 < 15 for Rosenfels. Rodgers has done well following up legendary QB Brett Farve while Sage just wants to show he is starter material & can play in this league. Rodgers still seems like his shoulder is bothering him & scored only 9 last week vs. Titans (great game however).

Sal Rosenberg 11-06-2008 11:43 AM

Go with Rosemary err I mean Sage

stingray 11-06-2008 11:53 AM

Brady Quinn!!!!!!!!!

SheTexan 11-06-2008 12:29 PM

Well, sticking with my devotion to my Texans wins out. Don't think I could live with myself if I didn't. Just gives me that much more to scream about on Sunday!! Besides, I have AJ, and hopefully, he'll have a better game than last week. Teaming with AJ will be R. Moss, with Dom Rhodes and Drew Jones as my RBs. Scoobie DOO is my kicker. I'm keeping MS on my roster though, just in case he comes back. In my league any deal I make cost me 10 bucks. SOOOOO, Sage OWES me!! lol

beerlover 11-06-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 1045089)
Well, sticking with my devotion to my Texans wins out. Don't think I could live with myself if I didn't. Just gives me that much more to scream about on Sunday!! Besides, I have AJ, and hopefully, he'll have a better game than last week. Teaming with AJ will be R. Moss, with Dom Rhodes and Drew Jones as my RBs. Scoobie DOO is my kicker. I'm keeping MS on my roster though, just in case he comes back. In my league any deal I make cost me 10 bucks. SOOOOO, Sage OWES me!! lol

unleash the furry :scarygirl:

here is another tip for you in regards to another Texan.

Quote:

Our first undrafted-in-the-preseason player went No. 15, as Slaton went to Karabell, ahead of preseason top-25 picks Addai, Jones-Drew and Lewis. Of course, through nine weeks, Slaton had 51 more fantasy points than Addai, 15 more than Jones-Drew and 26 more than Lewis. How many people saw that coming?

"I know it sounds odd, but I do think he's safer than those other guys," said Karabell. "Slaton has been very nearly a top-10 running back this season; he's catching passes and scoring touchdowns, and with a low workload. As for Ahman Green, I just have to laugh. He can't stay on the field." - espn