Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans 1st Team in NFL History ... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54351)

Hookem Horns 10-07-2008 08:37 PM

Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
To lose in regulation after winning by at least 17 points with 5:00 to play. Nice to see another embarrassing NFL "blow a big lead" record chalked up to the city of Houston. Even Bud would be proud of this one.

Double Barrel 10-07-2008 08:40 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
unfreakinbelievable. Why does Houston get stuck with these dubious records?! :brickwall:

TEXANRED 10-07-2008 08:46 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
This can't be right. I remember Tony's first game back to Tampa and Manning rallied the troops in the closing minutes to win that game. For some reason I thought that Tampa was up 21.

Edit:

And there is a thread to support that.

Second Honeymoon 10-07-2008 08:49 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANRED (Post 1017921)
This can't be right. I remember Tony's first game back to Tampa and Manning rallied the troops in the closing minutes to win that game. For some reason I thought that Tampa was up 21.

Edit:

And there is a thread to support that.

the key is 'win in regulation'. other comebacks have happened but they went into OT.

we set the gold standard for choking in regulation. hooray.

Hookem Horns 10-07-2008 08:50 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
I just finished watching the game again on NFL Network and the Texans looked pretty darn good until the Rosencopter play. So who knows. They could actually build on this because this was certainly not a team meltdown.

Hookem Horns 10-07-2008 08:51 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Yep, the Tampa game went into OT. The NFL Network made it clear that our record was within regulation.

Double Barrel 10-07-2008 09:03 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1017929)
I just finished watching the game again on NFL Network and the Texans looked pretty darn good until the Rosencopter play. So who knows. They could actually build on this because this was certainly not a team meltdown.

I agree completely. And when looked at with the consistency of play from Jax and this game, I honestly think this team is 'better' than 0-4. We are what our record is, but still, let's not count the season out only four games into it. I'm trying to be optimistic about things.

I can't help but chuckle at the "Rosencopter" description. It will forever be etched into our collective Houston memories now, like so many other football moments.

worldlyman 10-07-2008 09:07 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Overtime doesn't matter.

The Bucs blew a 21 point lead with about 3:47 left in the game.

The Texans blew a 17 point lead with about 4:04 left in the game.

One player for all intents and purposes blew the game for the Texans. It was pretty much a team collapse, from special teams to defensive fouls, on the part of the Bucs.

So the impact for me is different.

Tampa's 35-14 margin naturally led to OT and of course, the shorter Texans' margin; the Colts didn't need OT. Therefore I think the Bucs still blew a bit larger.

Htownsportsfan 10-07-2008 10:34 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
"It's always nice to set a record"

Bob Dorsey
QB California Bulls

RipTraxx 10-07-2008 10:55 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Did ANYONE think we'd be 0-4?

Yankee_In_TX 10-08-2008 08:54 AM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1017943)
I agree completely. And when looked at with the consistency of play from Jax and this game, I honestly think this team is 'better' than 0-4. We are what our record is, but still, let's not count the season out only four games into it. I'm trying to be optimistic about things.

I can't help but chuckle at the "Rosencopter" description. It will forever be etched into our collective Houston memories now, like so many other football moments.


We are hands down the best 0-4 team, for what that's worth...

DBCooper 10-08-2008 09:33 AM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by worldlyman (Post 1017949)
Overtime doesn't matter.

The Bucs blew a 21 point lead with about 3:47 left in the game.

The Texans blew a 17 point lead with about 4:04 left in the game.

One player for all intents and purposes blew the game for the Texans. It was pretty much a team collapse, from special teams to defensive fouls, on the part of the Bucs.

So the impact for me is different.

Tampa's 35-14 margin naturally led to OT and of course, the shorter Texans' margin; the Colts didn't need OT. Therefore I think the Bucs still blew a bit larger.

If you blow, you blow.

Silver Oak 10-08-2008 09:41 AM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1017943)
I can't help but chuckle at the "Rosencopter" description. It will forever be etched into our collective Houston memories now, like so many other football moments.

Stagger Lee jumps to mind.

LonerATO 10-08-2008 12:17 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Man NFL Network wont let the game go it keeps getting play none stop

Double Barrel 10-08-2008 12:19 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LonerATO (Post 1018310)
Man NFL Network wont let the game go it keeps getting play none stop

Of course. :brickwall:

I think the football gods have cursed this city because the NFL tried to give us the Cowboys franchise when it was created, but instead we made a deal with the devil himself, Pud Adams.

eriadoc 10-08-2008 12:20 PM

Re: Texans 1st Team in NFL History ...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RipTraxx (Post 1018025)
Did ANYONE think we'd be 0-4?

Well, I figured there was a very real chance we'd be 1-4 after the first 5. Then Ike happened.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger