Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54110)

TheRealJoker 10-02-2008 06:01 PM

The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
This is our 1st home game of the season. The crowd is gonna be cheering as hard as they ever have in the Texans homeopener post Ike. Conditions are ripe for the Texans to repeat the 06 upset against the Colts at home.

Bob Sanders is not in the lineup for the Colts this week. They are a completely different defense without Sanders just like we are a completely different team on the road.

Steve Slaton should carve up the Colts defense in the running game and Ahman Green should be able to break off a sweet 5 yard gain in relief of Slaton before going back on vacation for a few more games.

This is the week that we get to see the Gibbs ZBS come full circle. The OL has had 3 regular season games to get their timing down and they get to show off the results against a weak Colts run defense.

If we can ram it down their throats like we did with the Dayne train in 06 we should win this game. Peyton will carve us up, but he cant hurt us from the bench!!! :texflag:

Yankee_In_TX 10-02-2008 06:12 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
..........shhhh....quiet.......offense at work.......

JWarren14 10-02-2008 06:12 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
LETS GO TEXANS!!!!!!! I cant wait for the tailgating and the game, I am going to be hammered screaming non-sense remarks and yelling at the top of my lungs while we are on D and fidgeting like crazy when we are on offense. No doubt Stevie boy will get 100+ 1td+ rushing and some other stats rec. We really need our D to step up and make a statement this game. Play players who are friggin hungry and will be relentless and will finish the play until the whistle. I dont care who comes through that tunnel, we have to destroy them, this is business lets take care of it. LETS GO TEXANS!!!!!!

Double Barrel 10-02-2008 06:32 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
I like your thinking, TheRealJoker! Control the clock, get a running game going, and hope our defense can put some pressure on Manning and come up with a couple of big plays. It's possible!

Runner 10-02-2008 06:38 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
There is a real possibility that the Texans running game, in conjunction with the possession receptions of Daniels and Walter, can burn up much of the clock.

Depending on Peyton's health, there is a real possibility the Colts score every time they touch the ball.

This could be a game of very contrasting styles and could be very intense if the Texans offense doesn't make mistakes.

Porky 10-02-2008 06:46 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
I think that will be their game plan, but the offense must produce at the end of drives (read red zone efficiency) and absouletly cannot turn the ball over under any circumstances. Giving Manning and Co ANY extra chances against the swiss cheese D we have is going to spell doom.

I could see two scenerios - one in which the O is efficient, Schaub is crisp, and we move the ball consistently, we cash in in red zone tries, control the clock for 35+ minutes, and we put up 30 or so points, and it's a nail biter at the end as Peyton will drop 30 on us too and hardly break a sweat doing it.

The other scenerio is that Schaub throws 2 picks, and we move the ball otherwise pretty well between the 20's but we stall out. We put up 10-17 points at best, and we get hammered 42-13 or something like that.

Since the D is a severe liability in the passing game, the offense must be at it's best to give us a shot imo.

RTP2110 10-02-2008 07:07 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Im sure Indy will score at least 30 (everyone else has). Let's see if our boys can keep up.

Silver Oak 10-02-2008 07:53 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
I can't believe this team is so sorry, we have two rookies (Slaton and Brown) upon which most of our hopes for a good offensive game lie.

Going into this season I was thinking we were 2-3 years from being a serious playoff caliber team. I'm hopeful still, but damn we are sure thin on talent.

Sorry for the Debbie Downer minute...I will still be yelling with y'all on Sunday!

DBCooper 10-02-2008 08:07 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1012798)
I like your thinking, TheRealJoker! Control the clock, get a running game going, and hope our defense can put some pressure on Manning and come up with a couple of big plays. It's possible!

You said "our defense" and "pressure" in the same sentence! lol

mattieuk 10-02-2008 09:55 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RTP2110 (Post 1012830)
Im sure Indy will score at least 30 (everyone else has). Let's see if our boys can keep up.

I don't see it to be honest. I can't see us focusing on trying to out-gun the Colts. Against Manning it won't happen, we will keep the ball as long as possible, even if it means Schaub doesn't throw anything deeper than 20 yards. Put the pressure on them early, but putting on slow, yard churning drives, and don't give up stupid plays which give them handy 40 odd yard touchdowns.

Sensible football. Keep their offense sitting, don't let Peyton get into a groove, and perhaps have a few blitz packages that actually put pressure on...come on Dick, you can do it! (Well...perhaps not...)

markn 10-02-2008 10:23 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porky (Post 1012806)
I think that will be their game plan, but the offense must produce at the end of drives (read red zone efficiency) and absouletly cannot turn the ball over under any circumstances. Giving Manning and Co ANY extra chances against the swiss cheese D we have is going to spell doom.

I could see two scenerios - one in which the O is efficient, Schaub is crisp, and we move the ball consistently, we cash in in red zone tries, control the clock for 35+ minutes, and we put up 30 or so points, and it's a nail biter at the end as Peyton will drop 30 on us too and hardly break a sweat doing it.

The other scenerio is that Schaub throws 2 picks, and we move the ball otherwise pretty well between the 20's but we stall out. We put up 10-17 points at best, and we get hammered 42-13 or something like that.

Since the D is a severe liability in the passing game, the offense must be at it's best to give us a shot imo.

Exactly echoes my thoughts. We're long over-due an OT win, and I've a sneaking suspicion that this mght just be it.

Double Barrel 10-03-2008 10:50 AM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 1012870)
You said "our defense" and "pressure" in the same sentence! lol

heh heh, yeah, I was feeling a bit delusional when I wrote that post! :winky:

Indystu2 10-03-2008 11:31 AM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattieuk (Post 1012925)
I don't see it to be honest. I can't see us focusing on trying to out-gun the Colts. Against Manning it won't happen, we will keep the ball as long as possible, even if it means Schaub doesn't throw anything deeper than 20 yards. Put the pressure on them early, but putting on slow, yard churning drives, and don't give up stupid plays which give them handy 40 odd yard touchdowns.

Sensible football. Keep their offense sitting, don't let Peyton get into a groove, and perhaps have a few blitz packages that actually put pressure on...come on Dick, you can do it! (Well...perhaps not...)

Exactly what the Jags did to us. I just don't know if your O-line can do that like Jags line did. Gonna be interesting...

The Pencil Neck 10-03-2008 12:16 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Indystu2 (Post 1013209)
Exactly what the Jags did to us. I just don't know if your O-line can do that like Jags line did. Gonna be interesting...

The Jags O-Line is injured. Ours is just young. If your guys tackle as poorly as they did against the Jags, you're going to give up a lot of big runs.

El Tejano 10-03-2008 12:53 PM

Re: The Colts game is when the Gibbs ZBS comes full circle
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattieuk (Post 1012925)
I don't see it to be honest. I can't see us focusing on trying to out-gun the Colts. Against Manning it won't happen, we will keep the ball as long as possible, even if it means Schaub doesn't throw anything deeper than 20 yards. Put the pressure on them early, but putting on slow, yard churning drives, and don't give up stupid plays which give them handy 40 odd yard touchdowns.

Sensible football. Keep their offense sitting, don't let Peyton get into a groove, and perhaps have a few blitz packages that actually put pressure on...come on Dick, you can do it! (Well...perhaps not...)

I hear you on the ball control. People fail to realize that in the Jville game, we went on two or 3 long drives that really ate up some clock.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger