Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   This Sunday (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54083)

GuerillaBlack 10-01-2008 10:41 PM

This Sunday

I have a feeling Reliant is going to be explosive. Not Saints back in Superdome explosive, but you catch my drift...

Pretty generic thread I know. ;)

:fans:

J-Russ 10-01-2008 10:53 PM

Re: This Sunday

Whoever is going to this game needs to cheer their butts off like there's no tomorrow. This is going to sound lame but its up to the 12th mens to help the Texans, especially their gutter-like defense. Be loud, be proud, be a Texans! (I should make commercial for this team right?)

Andrew6 10-01-2008 10:55 PM

I think you're right....
IF . . .
Houston can come out and take the lead
Play better than they have ever played
not make stupid mistakes
coaches show they are worth something
etc. . . But if some of these things happen it will be explosive. Fans at reliant have a way of not being excited when the Texans are losing. probably why its hardly ever loud.

GuerillaBlack 10-01-2008 11:03 PM

This is the longest (besides the Saints) that a team has had to play away from their actual home (not having a home game in a different stadium). It's going to be loud as hell.

Vinnie 10-01-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Russ (Post 1012088)
Whoever is going to this game needs to cheer their butts off like there's no tomorrow. This is going to sound lame but its up to the 12th mens to help the Texans, especially their gutter-like defense. Be loud, be proud, be a Texans! (I should make commercial for this team right?)

I will be there, just like every home game. I will scream defence until I nearly puke, just like every home game before. Maybe y'all should come too.

Texans Pride 10-01-2008 11:32 PM

I hope so. . .

I am wondering if a bunch of people wont even bother to show up, given our "lack luster" start of the season we've had.

I hope that isn't the case, I hope every seat is full.

gtexan02 10-02-2008 09:27 AM

We're 0-3, and based on the frustration on this board of DIE HARD Texans fans, I think its safe to say that there are going to be plenty of people choosing tv over live

DBCooper 10-02-2008 10:17 AM

I would love to be there. Sorry I'm going to miss it.

will742 10-02-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack (Post 1012098)
This is the longest (besides the Saints) that a team has had to play away from their actual home (not having a home game in a different stadium). It's going to be loud as hell.

The Bills and 1 other team had to open up Oct. 9th following the September 11th tragedy. Butttt that shouldn't change anything. I'm going to be there, and I plan on leaving with no voice. :yahoo:

Tailgate 10-02-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 1012190)
We're 0-3, and based on the frustration on this board of DIE HARD Texans fans, I think its safe to say that there are going to be plenty of people choosing tv over live

I think the turnout will be fine. We start to forget the losses come this time of the week and start getting our hopes up again. ts been a very long time since we have last played a home game. Not to mention its the Colts and Manning and this weather is fricking beautiful.

ATXtexanfan 10-02-2008 11:20 AM

I'm sure there will be plenty of colts fan as well, it's the season opener, people will be there, why not ***** amongst your peers instead of on this board

imatexan 10-02-2008 11:32 AM

Woo I will be yelling as loud as i can! Really excited up texans fans make me proud!

False Start 10-02-2008 11:42 AM

There will also be a loud simultaneous GASP when Ahman Green steps on to the field. That alone, could blow the rest of the roof off.

Texan_Bill 10-02-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Russ (Post 1012088)
Whoever is going to this game needs to cheer their butts off like there's no tomorrow.

We do!!

Signed,

The Bull Pen.

Overalls 10-02-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 1012232)
I think the turnout will be fine. We start to forget the losses come this time of the week and start getting our hopes up again. ts been a very long time since we have last played a home game. Not to mention its the Colts and Manning and this weather is fricking beautiful.

I agree. I have been in a bad football mood all week but I went from thinking about giving my tickets to a Colts fan at work to thinking about getting a blue jersey for the game.

:fans:

Double Barrel 10-02-2008 12:39 PM

The TDC will be there LOUD & PROUD!! :texflag: :redtowel: :tedc:

hobie 10-02-2008 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1012332)
The TDC will be there LOUD & PROUD!! :texflag: :redtowel: :tedc:

I will be watching to make sure !! Don't let me see you slack off either !!

Double Barrel 10-02-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 1012410)
I will be watching to make sure !! Don't let me see you slack off either !!

I do have to make the exception if the Colts go up 21-0 in the first quarter. Yelling and screaming would seem pointless. ;)

Silver Oak 10-02-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by False Start On # 69 (Post 1012275)
There will also be a loud simultaneous GASP when Ahman Green steps on to the field. That alone, could blow the rest of the roof off.

:rofl:

IlliniJen 10-02-2008 04:40 PM

I believe in the Texas so much this week, I picked up Schaub from waivers and he's starting on my FFB team. If he does well, he may become my permanent starter. So there's extra incentive for him with this game, obviously. Ya hear that, Matt?!