Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Gameday Thread: Texans @ Jags (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53945)

Maddict5 09-28-2008 03:05 AM

Gameday Thread: Texans @ Jags

we badly need this one to finish our road trips with something. nearly as winnable as last weeks except the jags have a better offence and worse D than the titans. it'll be interesting to se how schaub, aj and the o-line bounce back after a bad start to the season..

please guys end this cycle of feeling sh1tty in the early part of the week after a bad beating getting excited about a game from thursday on

go texans!

Silver Oak 09-28-2008 06:57 AM

Re: Gameday Thread: Texans @ Jags

I think this one will be closer than the previous two. If we pull it out, momentum would be in our favor coming into the home opener next week.

Go Texans!

Showtime100 09-28-2008 07:03 AM

Let's get this going a little early. (I couldn't bring myself to say "party started.")

Anyone remember these Jacksonville Community College remedial schooler's from a couple of years ago??

"All the way from J-Ville to H-town"

Jags - Texans in Houston 2007. Love the red jerseys.

Signed,
Wishing the game was in Houston.

Thorn 09-28-2008 07:23 AM

Here's to being 1-2 at 3PM today. :fans:

Giant Tiger 09-28-2008 08:11 AM

I feel good about this game :fireball:

Andrew6 09-28-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Tiger (Post 1007923)
I feel good about this game :fireball:

i'm still feeling naucious over the last 2 games

Ryan 09-28-2008 09:01 AM

I believe in the Texans to pull out a win today. And Steve Slaton will be doing alot of :jogger: today.

False Start 09-28-2008 09:16 AM

After the past two games, I'm not going to get too hyped up for this one. I'm just gonna go with the flow.

GuerillaBlack 09-28-2008 09:53 AM

Same. I'm just taking this one slow, but I hope for the best! I said we'll win this one.

Showtime100 09-28-2008 09:55 AM

Just a sidenote. Emmitt needs to shutup about the Cowboys for just a minute and do his job.

Had to get that out. Carry on.

jaayteetx 09-28-2008 09:57 AM

Texans roll today in a laugher.

TexansLucky13 09-28-2008 09:59 AM

Every game is a Texans win unless the other team proves otherwise. That's how I see it.

:texflag: :fans:

b0ng 09-28-2008 10:07 AM

Feels good to be back at home (for me) with power with the good guys on my 65". Time to crack a cold one for my pre-game warm-up

NorCal Texan 09-28-2008 10:10 AM

Texans win by 10 on the road. 75-100 for Slaton. AJ, Walter, and OD show up. The Jags are average of the edges so Schaub should have time. Texans win and a Titans and Jags loss and everything doesn't looks so bad. Go Texans:fans:

jb66er 09-28-2008 10:21 AM

I think we can win this game on the ground, Schaub needs to be mistake free today, this could be a do or die game for him.

:texflag:

J-Russ 09-28-2008 10:41 AM

Starting FS and OLB(SLB?), Reggie Nelson and Justin Durant, is out for the jags. This is Schaub chance to redeem himself, Jags D is significantly weaker from last year, not to mention much weaker then the Steelers or Titans D.

Owen Daniels should have a big game, Durant was their fast linebacker, now that he's out I don't see anybody able to cover Daniels. Slaton should do pretty well, now that Stroud is gone their run D has gone down a notch. I'm glad to hear Andre Davis is going to get more plays going to him, so far he's playing like our best WR. I want our first offensive play to be a deep bomb to either one of the Andres, just to test them out early. I think it might even have a good chance of success too.

Defensively, well we know their O-line is a mess. Garrard looks pretty cruddy so far this year, like I predicted. Their RB are playing injured. Their WR are non-existent. I think Jerry Porter is back for this game though.

With all that said, I think we're going to have our first win today, 33-21 Texans.

spurstexanstros 09-28-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Russ (Post 1007989)
Starting FS and OLB(SLB?), Reggie Nelson and Justin Durant, is out for the jags. This is Schaub chance to redeem himself, Jags D is significantly weaker from last year, not to mention much weaker then the Steelers or Titans D.

Owen Daniels should have a big game, Durant was their fast linebacker, now that he's out I don't see anybody able to cover Daniels. Slaton should do pretty well, now that Stroud is gone their run D has gone down a notch. I'm glad to hear Andre Davis is going to get more plays going to him, so far he's playing like our best WR. I want our first offensive play to be a deep bomb to either one of the Andres, just to test them out early. I think it might even have a good chance of success too.

Defensively, well we know their O-line is a mess. Garrard looks pretty cruddy so far this year, like I predicted. Their RB are playing injured. Their WR are non-existent. I think Jerry Porter is back for this game though.

With all that said, I think we're going to have our first win today, 33-21 Texans.

I hope so i need a win. oh hey Amobi......14 sacks....you may want to get a start on that!!!!

J-Russ 09-28-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spurstexanstros (Post 1007991)
I hope so i need a win. oh hey Amobi......14 sacks....you may want to get a start on that!!!!

If Amobi is anything like we thought he was in the off-season, then he needs to show it today. He's not going to see a more depleted interior o-line then he is today. I think their starting OGs and C are out for them.

C'mon Amobi, make JBZ finally eat some crows.

jaayteetx 09-28-2008 10:52 AM

Ahman Green inactive, will he play another snap this season?

beerlover 09-28-2008 10:54 AM

I'm ready for this Gibbs running game to get untracked. this will help Schaub in the passing game & from getting killed. specificly I'll be watching Duane Brown & Pitts pulling with Slayton hitting cut-back lanes :)