Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Lets Clean the Slate! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53067)

Tailgate 08-29-2008 05:56 PM

Lets Clean the Slate!

Its been a pretty negative pre season this year. Lots of light shined on areas we have poked and prodded to the point where it seems like we are for sure doomed. But alas... its time to wipe it all clean. Time to get past a part of the year that really means nothing in the end and has no bearing on our actual year and the results that will play out.

From here on all eyes forward on week 1 at Pitt. Its now all on the line and in the NFL anything can happen on any given Sunday. From now on I am forgetting the past and looking to our 2008 season. Mario could and probably will follow up last year in a big way. Amobi could very well.. and likely will make a huge leap in year two. The D could really start gelling. Gibbs will most likely get our running game in a position to be one of the best in the league (he has every where he has been and done it quickly). Schaub and AJ are going to put up ridiculous numbers for 16 games.

Nobody has won anything yet. We all have the same record. Us, the Colts, the Cowgirls, the Pats, the Titans... Lets get things rolling forward and lets have a thread full of optimism. One that after the Pittsburg victory we can all look back and go.... see it was just preseason! What are you most excited to see happen?

GO TEXANS!!!!

Thorn 08-29-2008 06:01 PM

Re: Lets Clean the Slate!

I hope all the negative things I've been saying turn out wrong. I hope all the positive things I've been dreaming about turn out right.

:texflag:

ObsiWan 08-29-2008 06:02 PM

Okay.

Now where's the season prediction thread?

Brando 08-29-2008 06:08 PM

What am I most excited about seeing? A winning season!:kingkong:

I've been waiting for a winning season since we were awarded the team in 1999. It's been a long wait. I think as Texans fans we have put all of our heart in to this team and when we finally have that winning season it will be the best feeling. We have suffered long enough.

ChampionTexan 08-29-2008 06:24 PM

I want to see Texans fans surprised in a positive way. Last year, many folks went into the regular season thinking the receiver position was AJ, and a big bag of nothing. The discussion was already underway as to what receivers would be available in the first round of the '08 draft, and whether that was how we should use our pick. Needless to say, it turned out differently.

I'm hoping that we will see a similar "out of nowhere" surprise from our CB's, or pass rush, or RB's. Heck, I'll get greedy, and say I'd like to see it from all three.

Thorn 08-29-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 985842)
I want to see Texans fans surprised in a positive way. Last year, many folks went into the regular season thinking the receiver position was AJ, and a big bag of nothing. The discussion was already underway as to what receivers would be available in the first round of the '08 draft, and whether that was how we should use our pick. Needless to say, it turned out differently.

I'm hoping that we will see a similar "out of nowhere" surprise from our CB's, or pass rush, or RB's. Heck, I'll get greedy, and say I'd like to see it from all three.

that's a very good point you make there about the recievers.

Double Barrel 08-29-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 985823)
Its been a pretty negative pre season this year. Lots of light shined on areas we have poked and prodded to the point where it seems like we are for sure doomed. But alas... its time to wipe it all clean. Time to get past a part of the year that really means nothing in the end and has no bearing on our actual year and the results that will play out.

From here on all eyes forward on week 1 at Pitt. Its now all on the line and in the NFL anything can happen on any given Sunday. From now on I am forgetting the past and looking to our 2008 season. Mario could and probably will follow up last year in a big way. Amobi could very well.. and likely will make a huge leap in year two. The D could really start gelling. Gibbs will most likely get our running game in a position to be one of the best in the league (he has every where he has been and done it quickly). Schaub and AJ are going to put up ridiculous numbers for 16 games.

Nobody has won anything yet. We all have the same record. Us, the Colts, the Cowgirls, the Pats, the Titans... Lets get things rolling forward and lets have a thread full of optimism. One that after the Pittsburg victory we can all look back and go.... see it was just preseason! What are you most excited to see happen?

GO TEXANS!!!!

Well said! :thumbup

I have read a lot of the pre-season thoughts from writers and fans, but I have not posted my own...mainly because I have made a point to refrain from forming any opinions that are pre-conceived going into the season. I want to take one game at a time, and then form an opinion based upon what is, not what might be.

So I second your clean slate proposal, and from this point forward, a united fanbase should get ready for the 2008 Houston Texans season!

LOUD, PROUD, AND TEXAN!! :texflag: :fans: :redtowel:

thunderkyss 08-29-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

I always pick the underdog. I think it makes for a good story. But I honestly believe anyone can be what they want to be in the NFL. Lots of nobodies became somebodies in the NFL, even if only for a moment.

Rod Smith.... Tom Brady... Willie Parker... etc.. etc..

All we need, is for one(at least one) of our players with the desire to be something great.

It could happen.

ATXtexanfan 08-29-2008 06:56 PM

Cheers for slaton and taylor becoming a 1-2 punch

The Pencil Neck 08-29-2008 08:24 PM

We are going to ROCK this year.

Period.

Thank you.

Runner 08-29-2008 11:16 PM

As they say, "That's why they play the games". If the Texans can leverage their strengths and have a couple (or four) players exceed expectations, it could be a good year.

Good health would be nice too.

Norg 08-29-2008 11:40 PM

Week 1 pitts i think we match up well

I think Pitts is deff gong to try out there new passing game on us

euro-Texan 08-29-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

You are sooo right! I would have never guessed after Drob went down what a jem we had in a rookie CB. I'm really excited to see if it will be the Oline, RB's dback that will make all of us rethink our 2009 draft expectations....