Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I Love me some FAGGINS! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53039)

dalemurphy 08-28-2008 11:48 PM

I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
He's like the cocroach. Sure you hate him and he's a nuisance but you gotta respected him- He's been around a long time and you just can't get rid of him.

What's really going to be funny is when all of you who have been screaming about Reeves' play get your wish and he is replaced in the 2nd quarter of the Pittsburgh game...... by................ Petey Faggins!

The Dude Abides 08-29-2008 12:04 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
:hides::backsout:

IlliniJen 08-29-2008 12:04 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Let's not get all crazy now. Petey looked good against the JV team, but we'll see him return to the Petey of old against first teamers in the regular season.

BSofA04 08-29-2008 12:36 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniJen (Post 984832)
Let's not get all crazy now. Petey looked good against the JV team, but we'll see him return to the Petey of old against first teamers in the regular season.

Beat me to it IlliJen, but it's the truth. Faggins is just a day away from the ax...or at least he should be. Because you know what a polished turd looks like?...

mussop 08-29-2008 01:55 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSofA04 (Post 984851)
Beat me to it IlliJen, but it's the truth. Faggins is just a day away from the ax...or at least he should be. Because you know what a polished turd looks like?...

There are alot of secondary players that deserve the Turk more than Petey.


Did I just say that?:hides:

Carr Bombed 08-29-2008 02:19 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Honestly as much as I hated on Faggins last year......I'll easily take him over Jacque Reeves anyday of the week. Jacque Reeves is Jason David on his best day and atleast Petey has shown (before last season) that he's atleast capable of making some plays.

Jacque Reeves gives me nightmares and for as many of the great moves that Rick Smith has made......the Jacque Reeves signing makes me calling his judgement into question. Jacque Reeves stinks......he's going to be like frenchie out there waiving his white flag on Sundays.

Specnatz 08-29-2008 02:39 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 984892)
Honestly as much as I hated on Faggins last year......I'll easily take him over Jacque Reeves anyday of the week. Jacque Reeves is Jason David on his best day and atleast Petey has shown (before last season) that he's atleast capable of making some plays.

Jacque Reeves gives me nightmares and for as many of the great moves that Rick Smith has made......the Jacque Reeves signing makes me calling his judgement into question. Jacque Reeves stinks......he's going to be like frenchie out there waiving his white flag on Sundays.

Whoa there buddy.. I think Rick was like the rest of us. After watching Petey all last season he could only surmise that no one could be as bad as Petey; not eve Matt Stevens. PBurnt thought Petey sucked last year. Weaver thought Petey was robbing the Texans blind last year.

So to blame Rick on this one is just not true. It was more like my house is full of crap, the cowgirls got how many probowl choke artist and they hate this guy? Let me sign him to a fat contract that after the seconed year I can cut him and he has not earned jack.

Carr Bombed 08-29-2008 03:06 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 984895)
So to blame Rick on this one is just not true. It was more like my house is full of crap, the cowgirls got how many probowl choke artist and they hate this guy? Let me sign him to a fat contract that after the seconed year I can cut him and he has not earned jack.

Doesn't change the fact that unless there is a significant difference of play...Reeves will become another Texans Weaver and Buchanan. Don't get me wrong, I think Smith has done a excellent job thus far.......but Reeves will be a black eye on his resume'

Specnatz 08-29-2008 03:35 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carr Bombed (Post 984900)
Doesn't change the fact that unless there is a significant difference of play...Reeves will become another Texans Weaver and Buchanan. Don't get me wrong, I think Smith has done a excellent job thus far.......but Reeves will be a black eye on his resume'

Fat lip maybe but not a black eye.

Carr Bombed 08-29-2008 04:03 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 984901)
Fat lip maybe but not a black eye.

say's the bleeding nose....i.e...stop trying to scrap a depends clean, a messy diaper is a messy diaper.

TEXANS84 08-29-2008 08:56 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
I believe Petey is playing with a sense of urgency. He looked great out there last night, and had some Dunta'ish tackles.

If they do keep him, then he better be committed to playing at the same level.

Vinny 08-29-2008 09:02 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
He'll be here. Faggins has always gotten too much hatred around here....he had a fine game last night and he was pretty physical to boot. He's a fine nickel corner but he isn't as good a cb1 or cb2...but that's ok. Every team could use a good nickel back.

Seņor Stan 08-29-2008 09:18 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 984945)
Every team could use a good nickel back.


or four....

HOU-TEX 08-29-2008 09:40 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Most of our backup CB's are very similar in talent. You could throw names in a hat for all I care.

That said, I'd give Fletch a spot before Faggins. But that's just me. :shades:

Vinny 08-29-2008 09:45 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Señor Stan (Post 984958)
or four....

if that is all you got, a few nickels and a couple of dimes can't even buy you a cup of good coffee ya know. We do have a lot of guys who can make good back ups but not good starters. On balance methinks Faggins gets too much heat because the Texans haven't had a pair of legit NFL starters and people think that if a player isn't good enough to be the CB2 he should just be cut....but in reality he is a good nickel back who will struggle at times with really tall wr's (for instance) and get lit up from time to time in general but gives you mostly quality snaps as the 5th man of the secondary. When forced to start his game can be exposed. He is what he is, but that isn't a bad thing at all. Right now he is probably the second best corner on the team if you are only counting healthy guys. That ain't Faggins fault.

eriadoc 08-29-2008 11:27 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 984973)
if that is all you got, a few nickels and a couple of dimes can't even buy you a cup of good coffee ya know. We do have a lot of guys who can make good back ups but not good starters. On balance methinks Faggins gets too much heat because the Texans haven't had a pair of legit NFL starters and people think that if a player isn't good enough to be the CB2 he should just be cut....but in reality he is a good nickel back who will struggle at times with really tall wr's (for instance) and get lit up from time to time in general but gives you mostly quality snaps as the 5th man of the secondary. When forced to start his game can be exposed. He is what he is, but that isn't a bad thing at all. Right now he is probably the second best corner on the team if you are only counting healthy guys. That ain't Faggins fault.

What he said. I have blasted Faggins a dozen times, but I have always tried to qualify it with the comment that he's out of position. If our team were good enough that Faggins were a dime back, he'd be very good. As a starter, he's just not good enough. We've seen all we need to see. He's just not good enough to be a starter.

Hervoyel 08-29-2008 11:52 AM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 985097)
What he said. I have blasted Faggins a dozen times, but I have always tried to qualify it with the comment that he's out of position. If our team were good enough that Faggins were a dime back, he'd be very good. As a starter, he's just not good enough. We've seen all we need to see. He's just not good enough to be a starter.

And yet appears to be equal to or better than the temporary starter that our team went out and found in free agency. It's a crazy world. I still wonder if we weren't going to be better off just starting Faggins until Dunta came back instead of signing Reeves. We'd have saved money and got the same (poor) play at the starting CB spot.

He sure had a good game last night though.

BigWig 08-29-2008 12:00 PM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dalemurphy (Post 984815)
He's like the cocroach. Sure you hate him and he's a nuisance but you gotta respected him- He's been around a long time and you just can't get rid of him.

What's really going to be funny is when all of you who have been screaming about Reeves' play get your wish and he is replaced in the 2nd quarter of the Pittsburgh game...... by................ Petey Faggins!

You can have him!
Reeves=Pbrunt
Petey= Matt Stevens

Goldensilence 08-29-2008 12:48 PM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
I'm curious if Reeves was a guy this defensive staff targeted or if it was a Rick Smith call.

Polo 08-29-2008 12:51 PM

Re: I Love me some FAGGINS!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldensilence (Post 985264)
I'm curious if Reeves was a guy this defensive staff targeted or if it was a Rick Smith call.

I'm pretty sure it was Richard Smith...

Afterall...He is the devil...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger