Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   America's team (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52899)

gtexan02 08-25-2008 08:48 AM

America's team
 
On the seventh day, God said, "Let there be football."

And it was good.

Later that day, God said, "Let there be one team to rule the others and set the standard for excellence."

With that, he plucked a star from the heavens and placed it on the helmet of silver and blue.

God said, "Let it be called, ''The Dallas Cowboys'' - America''s team."

Later that day, God said, "Even Cowboys need assholes."

So he made their fans.

Hardcore Texan 08-25-2008 08:58 AM

Re: America's team
 
From another thread, here's my thoughts:

Now allow me to share the ULTIMATE rebuttal I came up with for cowgirls' fans who say "the reason there is a hole in the roof of Texas stadium is so God can watch his favorite team play"

My response: "Just like in Jesus' day when he ran around with theives, lepers, prostitutes and outcast to try reach them and show them love and mercy, the concept is still relevant today, the hole is there so he can still keep his eye on them"

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=108

thunderkyss 08-25-2008 11:09 AM

Re: America's team
 
I think it's cool, that the Dallas Cowboys are called America's team. I'd have hated for that title to be associated with the Steelers, or the Browns, or the Redskins...... or any team not from Texas. & had it been assigned to the Oilers, it would have gone with the Oilers to Tennessee, so I'm glad the Cowboys are America's Team.

And we're Texas' team.

GuerillaBlack 08-28-2008 04:30 PM

Re: America's team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 981774)
I think it's cool, that the Dallas Cowboys are called America's team. I'd have hated for that title to be associated with the Steelers, or the Browns, or the Redskins...... or any team not from Texas. & had it been assigned to the Oilers, it would have gone with the Oilers to Tennessee, so I'm glad the Cowboys are America's Team.

And we're Texas' team.

I thought Cowboy fans loved the name though?

imatexan 08-28-2008 05:07 PM

Re: America's team
 
Steelers are Americas team.

StarStruck 08-31-2008 12:13 AM

Re: America's team
 
I'm excited as I just found out that the Prairie View's Marching Storm has once again, third time in five years, to perform at the Cowboys last Thanksgiving Day game in Texas Stadium. I am just beside myself with excitement and anticipation, forget turkey and pumpkin pie.

DiehardChris 08-31-2008 01:21 AM

Re: America's team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtexan02 (Post 981637)
On the seventh day, God said, "Let there be football."

And it was good.

Later that day, God said, "Let there be one team to rule the others and set the standard for excellence."

With that, he plucked a star from the heavens and placed it on the helmet of silver and blue.

God said, "Let it be called, ''The Dallas Cowboys'' - America''s team."

Later that day, God said, "Even Cowboys need assholes."

So he made their fans.

Awesome awesome awesome awesome awesome.

DiehardChris 08-31-2008 01:22 AM

Re: America's team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 981646)
From another thread, here's my thoughts:

Now allow me to share the ULTIMATE rebuttal I came up with for cowgirls' fans who say "the reason there is a hole in the roof of Texas stadium is so God can watch his favorite team play"

My response: "Just like in Jesus' day when he ran around with theives, lepers, prostitutes and outcast to try reach them and show them love and mercy, the concept is still relevant today, the hole is there so he can still keep his eye on them"

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...&postcount=108

My reply to the hole in the roof thing is always "because that stadium is a toilet full of turds."

Showtime100 08-31-2008 02:08 AM

Re: America's team
 
I can't remember where I saw it, here probably.

"If Dallas is America's Team, I must be a Texan." :kingkong:

Almost enough to give you goosebumps.

Hook'er 08-31-2008 03:04 AM

Re: America's team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 986610)
I can't remember where I saw it, here probably.

"If Dallas is America's Team, I must be a Texan." :kingkong:

Almost enough to give you goosebumps.

I thought it went "If Dallas is America's team, don't call me American. I'am a Texan!"

WWJD 08-31-2008 11:17 AM

Re: America's team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack (Post 984458)
I thought Cowboy fans loved the name though?

I never cared for it...and I know the players hated it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger