Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   So what does everyone think about our chances with the Jags this week??? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5258)

shinerbock_girl 12-20-2004 11:05 AM

So what does everyone think about our chances with the Jags this week???

Just curious what everyone thinks this week...I'm pretty nervous about this one...Watching the jags play lately they look like their on fire...They almost took the steelers also...And the way we've been playing it seems we've stepped backwards instead of forwards...Don't get me wrong i will stand by my Texans, but they still didn't seem like they played 100% yesterday despite winning...The Bears knew they played bad also, but the Jags aren't the Bears...Their a good team....I just hope we can pull this off a second time... :whew

BornOrange 12-20-2004 11:40 AM

The offensive line will need to do a much better job protecting David Carr. They should be made aware that not only playing time but employment with the Texans is on the line if they are unable to protect Carr. The Bears were able to apply pressure up the middle, which makes any QB ineffective. If the Bears could bring the pressure up the middle, guess what Jacksonville is going to do against the Texans. Stroud and Henderson are licking their chops when watching game film on McKinney, Pitts and Washington.

WWJD 12-20-2004 11:54 AM

I would have to favor the Jaguars by a small margin because of home field advantage. And they are playing well. But not by much. I think the Texans can score some points against them IF they protect Carr.

Marcus 12-20-2004 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texansgal8
...Don't get me wrong i will stand by my Texans, but they still didn't seem like they played 100% yesterday despite winning...

What do you mean by that?

Are you saying that it looked like they weren't giving 100% effort?

Yankee_In_TX 12-20-2004 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus
What do you mean by that?

Are you saying that it looked like they weren't giving 100% effort?

I think he means that we didn't give a good offensive performance despite the final score.

Penalties, line break down, dropped passes, etc.

TheOgre 12-20-2004 12:00 PM

I give us about a 40-45% chance of winning the game. We win this and 8-8 is a near certainty.

Lucky 12-20-2004 12:24 PM

Quote:

...I'm pretty nervous about this one...Watching the jags play lately they look like their on fire...

It's funny that so many Texan fans undersell their teams chances and hype the opposition. The Jags put their jock on one leg at a time. They beat the Bears at home by 19 a week ago, the Texans beat the Bears on the road by 19 yesterday. That was a big win for the Jags yesterday, but the Pack has been Jekyll and Hyde at home all season. That was their 4th loss at Lambeau this year.

The Texans beat up the Jags so badly in week 8, they left town crying about dirty play. The Jags crying about dirty play. :rolleyes: I don't think Gaffney drops the ball before crossing the goal line this time. I don't think AJ fumbles in FG range, either. The defense is playing better than they have all season. So is Domanick. I'm not nervous at all, I'm looking forward to an AFC South war. And the Texans are one team that won't back down to the Jags' bully tatics.

SBTexans08 12-20-2004 12:30 PM

I think Jonathan Wells should be the man for this game. We need his big self to plow his way through guys for every inch possible.....that's just me though.. idonno:

shinerbock_girl 12-20-2004 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBTexans08
I think Jonathan Wells should be the man for this game. We need his big self to plow his way through guys for every inch possible.....that's just me though.. idonno:

I actually like the combo method...Rotating between the 2 so it gives them a break to rest and come back full strength each time one plays rather then being exhausted ...

SBTexans08 12-20-2004 12:35 PM

Oh yeah....no doubt but with Wells getting the bulk of the carries is what I mean...

shinerbock_girl 12-20-2004 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Oh yeah....no doubt but with Wells getting the bulk of the carries is what I mean...

True, i still liked that 1st game against the Titans we played when Wells plowed through the Titans defense running the ball...He made a great performance that day...

Marcus 12-20-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX
I think he means that we didn't give a good offensive performance despite the final score.

Penalties, line break down, dropped passes, etc.

Well, if that's the case, I agree. I don't give them much chance of beating the Jags, despite beating them earlier this season. The OL has deteriorated since then, and Carr's loss of confidence in them shows in many ways.

gwallaia 12-20-2004 12:46 PM

The Jaguars are fighting like hell for the last playoff spot. They will no doubt be pumped up for this game. Texans should be relaxed with nothing to lose, this could work to our advantage.

The offensive line better protect Carr because I'm sure Del Rio is instructing his players to injure him and end his career.

infantrycak 12-20-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

True, i still liked that 1st game against the Titans we played when Wells plowed through the Titans defense running the ball...He made a great performance that day...

Wells was 3.3 ypc on the day. Clearly that was much better than the 2nd game where DD was 17 carries for 129--let's even take out the 41 yard run--that would be 88 yards on 16 carries for 5.5 ypc.

Yankee_In_TX 12-20-2004 12:59 PM

Quote:

I actually like the combo method...Rotating between the 2 so it gives them a break to rest and come back full strength each time one plays rather then being exhausted ...

Like I said in a DD post. Wells is a GREAT third down back.

But being my OSU boy, I think he'd be better off going else where and starting. I'd hate to see him go, but.....

As far as the game, our key points:
1. Protect Carr
2. No stupid penalties
3. Throw the ball (see #1)

aj. 12-20-2004 01:18 PM

The Texans played one of their better games of the year against the Jags earlier this year. Aside from last year's game when we started Ragone and Hollings, the Texans have been able to game plan pretty effectively against them. It will be difficult to come out of there with a win but it's certainly possible if the defense continues to play the way they have the last 7 quarters and the offensive line plays their best game.

jagsfanincanada 12-20-2004 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia
The offensive line better protect Carr because I'm sure Del Rio is instructing his players to injure him and end his career.

Yeah I'm so sure he is. :rolleyes:

MichaelMC 12-20-2004 01:53 PM

I agree O-line steps up and Defence stays strong, we win. I'd like to see d-Rob with two INT's this week.

GO D-ROB (just had to thow that in)

Doug 12-20-2004 02:13 PM

I say Carr lights into the O Lines rear before the game even starts and hope the productivity is just as good after he did it in the Chicago game. LOL I thought that was too funny to pass up.

Doug 12-20-2004 02:16 PM

This game will definitely revolve around our O Lines effectiveness. IMO