Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   dwight freeney/ wand (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5241)

utahmark 12-19-2004 09:32 PM

dwight freeney/ wand

dwight freeney is making ogden(a pro bowler) look pretty bad. that makes me feel a little better about wand. wand has looked very bad against freeney but the rest of the time he has looked decent. maybe he can become our answer at left tackle.

Marcus 12-19-2004 09:42 PM

Seth Wand should feel better about Seth Wand, and I hope Seth is watching the game.

That Freeney is a freak!

Youngstown Colt 12-19-2004 09:44 PM

Yeah, if jon ogden can't handle him 1 on 1, not may can. They left seth all alone with freeney in that game, I actually thought his performance was good. He's just not the kinda guy who can lock down someone like dwight

ArlingtonTexan 12-19-2004 09:44 PM

I had the same thought watching Freeny tonight. Overall, though the OL has been inconsistent throughout the year or even within games. the OLs first half and the 4th quarter today were acceptable to good but the 3rd quarter disaster would have cost the texans against a good football team.

AndreJ 12-19-2004 09:44 PM

I watched the 1st half, and Odgen was doing a great job on Freeney with the exception of that one sack and i dont think that was even his fault, i think todd heap was suppose to block him.

Did I miss something in the beginning of the third, i just started watching again right before peyton scored.

HJam72 12-19-2004 09:45 PM

I'm really glad to hear that--and I'm sure that Wand has some feelings about himself, lol.

AndreJ 12-19-2004 09:51 PM

Freeny lines up so far away from the O-Line, no wonder noone can block him O-Lineman can't back up far enough.

ArlingtonTexan 12-19-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreJ
Freeny lines up so far away from the O-Line, no wonder noone can block him O-Lineman can't back up far enough.

He is not the only one with that wide stance. For lesser rushers the better LTs just push them off their routes, but Freeny is strong enough to keep his balance and stay his course to the QB.

TEXANS84 12-19-2004 09:57 PM

Yeah...Ogden is getting owned by Freeney. Makes you feel just a tad bit better about Wand. Although...Spears had a good game today. And it was nice to see Washington in the mix for a change.

AndreJ 12-19-2004 09:59 PM

It's hot to be because of his speed. With him lining up that far out their is not an O-Lineman in the league fast enough to get out there and block him since they have to stay up on the line.

wags 12-19-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84
And it was nice to see Washington in the mix for a change.

I would rather not see Washington. :sumo: :slap:

TEXANS84 12-19-2004 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wags
I would rather not see Washington. :sumo: :slap:

Just curious...but what do you have against Washington?

kbourda 12-19-2004 10:05 PM

Freeney is not "owning" Ogden. It's more like the other way around. What game are you guys watching? Do you guys call one sack a dominating performance?

Marcus 12-19-2004 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan
He is not the only one with that wide stance. For lesser rushers the better LTs just push them off their routes, but Freeny is strong enough to keep his balance and stay his course to the QB.

I remember a couple of years ago when everyone was saying the Colts reached when they took him in the 1st round. All the draft gurus had him a 2nd rounder at best.

It makes me ill to even think about what Freeney could do as an outside LB in a 3-4 defense. eek:

AndreJ 12-19-2004 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbourda
Freeney is not "owning" Ogden. It's more like the other way around. What game are you guys watching? Do you guys call one sack a dominating performance?

Yeah i couldn't figure that one out either :hmmm:

Vinny 12-19-2004 10:06 PM

Freeney is causing all kinds of protection problems. You cannot just look at a stat line to see who is affecting a given play.

AndreJ 12-19-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
Freeney is causing all kinds of protection problems. You cannot just look at a stat line to see who is effecting a given play.

I'm not looking at just one stat and saying that he's not affecting the pass protection, but he isn't embarrasing J. Ogden either odgen has had his fair share of punishing Freeney into the ground this game.

Youngstown Colt 12-19-2004 10:09 PM

football is about more than stats.

this is jon ogden, the man who can pancake defenders in his sleep, and dwight is constantly pushing him all the way back to the QB. If you watch the game, you'll know why it's such a dominating performance

ArlingtonTexan 12-19-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbourda

That's why Ogden was stumping around the sidelines looking for some answers. :taz:

wags 12-19-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Just curious...but what do you have against Washington?

Personally.... nothing

Washington was terrible today. You can't sugarcoat his performance. Losing Weigert is going to hurt.