Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Carr's Outburst! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5240)

TheTim5125 12-19-2004 08:47 PM

Carr's Outburst!

It was a good thing to see. The O-line play has been ridiculously bad for the past few weeks. They really need to step it up and get our record to 8-8.

HJam72 12-19-2004 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTim5125
It was a good thing to see. The O-line play has been ridiculously bad for the past few weeks. They really need to step it up and get our record to 8-8.

I agree with you totally on the outburst. I don't know about 8-8, though. Winning in Jax is gonna be tough right now, but they could do it. I'm not gonna be too upset if they lose that game, though.

OzzO 12-19-2004 08:59 PM

It took a little time, and a few sacks - but maybe we have signs of our on the field team leader emerging that was so sought for earlier...

RTP2110 12-19-2004 09:01 PM

I missed the 2nd half of the game, what was this outburst???

HJam72 12-19-2004 09:02 PM

If I remember right, he got sacked AGAIN and got up and spiked the ball and then yelled something in the direction of the linemen. Actually, it was sort of while he was spiking the ball. They did better after that, lol.

AndreJ 12-19-2004 09:03 PM

I think i said this in another thread, but i like how they got their act together after his outburst. You didn't see anyone busting through the line after that.

OzzO 12-19-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTP2110

The Texans were pushed up against their goal line, hiked the ball and then ran for his life in the end zone from the rush up the middle. Ended up a safety. He was on the sideline, spiking the ball and yelling at his line "COME ON"!!! Was pretty much all that could be lip-read.

Not sure if more was said on the bench.

ArlingtonTexan 12-19-2004 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreJ
I think i said this in another thread, but i like how they got their act together after his outburst. You didn't see anyone busting through the line after that.

Note also that later in the game he was going to each of his line-up, shaking their hands and congradulating them on the game. The "make-up" at the end of the game was as important as the chewing tail in the middle of the third quarter.

Marcus 12-19-2004 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A4toZ
The Texans were pushed up against their goal line, hiked the ball and then ran for his life in the end zone from the rush up the middle. Ended up a safety. He was on the sideline, spiking the ball and yelling at his line "COME ON"!!! Was pretty much all that could be lip-read.

Not sure if more was said on the bench.

Carr was quite animated in the huddle when they got the ball back, I thought also.

big sarge 12-19-2004 10:47 PM

You see that is the same thing I said on another thread. Sometimes you have to chew some *** inorder to get the max potential out of your guys. Carr has to be a field General and an emotional leader for the line to step it up. I chew *** on a daily basis, but my guys know that it is only for motivational purposes, and thats what it does to them and they don't have thin skin. GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!
God!
Family!
Country!
Texans!

cuppacoffee 12-19-2004 11:31 PM

After the ten o clock news in the channel 13 show with Bob Allen.. Casserley said Carr was upset because it was a busted play. Not sure what that meant, that the line was busted or that another player did not do what Carr expected of him.

cac :coffee:

thetexanator 12-19-2004 11:36 PM

hes had the same kind of outbursts before. maybe johnson should have a little outburst as well??????? :bouncey:

thetexanator 12-19-2004 11:54 PM

that outburst was kinda more to himself. he should get in palmers face and give him the keyshawn catch-phrase

HoustonFan 12-20-2004 01:28 AM

Missed the game today, but caught the highlights. Impressive win in the COLD weather up there. It seemd slow though. And I hate that they were so deep in their territory twice that one of the possessions cost them 2 points. Good to see that fire from Carr, though. O-line has gotta protect him better to give him the time to get throw that ball. Speaking of throwing it seemed like there was more of that going on today. MORE PASS PLAYS, MORE PASS PLAYS, MORE PASS PLAYS!!!!!

TexansCanes 12-20-2004 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTP2110

carr hiked the ball and had to roll out to his right because he had no protection. he ran about seven yards back and instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, he decided to just run out of bounds. he spiked the ball and starting yelling "come on" at the line men. the safty came on the drive before that, maybe the worst drive in the history of the nfl: 1) illegal touching 2)delay of game 3)timeout 4)dropped pass 5)intentional grounding in the endzone for a safty, that was terrible.

rittenhouserobz 12-20-2004 05:27 AM

I am glad to see we won the game though. The OL better be ready for the Jags though. They are as tough as the Bears DL and in the hunt for a playoff spot. I knew this would be a tough game when I saw it on the schedule.

Wolf 12-20-2004 10:47 AM

I didn't get to see the game, but I am SOOOOOO glad this happened. Too many times we would see Carr get hammered and he would get up and nonchalantly go to the huddle and call the next play.. If a lineman was next to him, I wouldn't see them help him off of the ground.. Yet I see our defense help the opposing offensive player off the ground

Maybe a leader emerged out of this.

gwallaia 12-20-2004 11:01 AM

I clearly heard him yell, "Come On!"

SBTexans08 12-20-2004 11:24 AM

Domanick Davis should show some emotion too....emotion is much needed on this team. It does them good.

Another example of a guy that shows emotion and goes in like the Incredible Haulk is Antowain Peek.....love the passion he puts in his game!! :thumbup

gwallaia 12-20-2004 11:29 AM

Remember Earl Campbell? He never showed emotion. But damn he was good. :hmmm: