Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52228)

OzzO 08-04-2008 12:27 PM

Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

Alright - instead of bumping last year's version.... what's the scoop? We have the first preseason game coming up this Saturday night (home v. Denver). I know I didn't get a chance (or remember) to look for alternate locations. Did anyone else find central spots?

As for this Saturday - anyone in for watching this one at a location of choice? Perhaps Ker's for now till we find other solutions?

ChrisR 08-04-2008 11:30 PM

Re: Texan fans in DFW - '08 watch parties

this was the exact thread I was looking for. I just moved to Downtown Ft. Worth. I had season tix the last 5 yrs! But had to give them up AND move here. I don't know of any places here yet its only been 2 weeks. But without NFL ticket i will be in desperate need of a place to watch the games. I will keep up with this thread to see where the games will be watched.
I guess I am no longer in the yellow:aggressive:

OzzO 08-05-2008 07:29 AM

Chris, sounds like my position last year - I had season tickets since day one and tailgated in blue. Then last year I moved up to DFW - NE side and it's just not the same as tailgating and a live game, but it is good to find a close second with some fellow fans.

Once a few of the regular locals wake up (Hoth, A-Tx, p-neck, shoot - guerilla and rvguy - where the heck have y'all been?), we'll figure out a place. Last year I think we got burnt out on Ker's every week, but after an offseason - at least till we figure out alternatives, some wings and such doesn't sound too bad. We went to the Winghouse of Dallas since it was a central location.

ChrisR 08-05-2008 11:36 PM

We looked at the web site and I must say what a horrible place that must be......... wife noo loonger looookiiiiing.......WOW I will be there everyday game on or not! JK. Location seems great.

The Pencil Neck 08-06-2008 12:13 AM

I'll still only make an occasional appearance. I mean, I made... hmm... oh, yeah, ONE appearance last year. :texflag:

But it was Carolina and that was fun.

I'll be going to the preseason game with the Cowgirls and I HAD to go to the first Monday Night Game EVAR in Reliant. :kingkong:

And I will unfortunately be in Italy opening weekend. :gun:

Other than that, it's just going to depend. We're probably going to be moving from Flower Mound to Ponder which puts me a little further out. I'll probably come out if I get a situation like the Carolina game where I dropped my wife off at the airport and then swung by the watch party. But I've got no real preference on where it happens.

OzzO 08-06-2008 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisR (Post 966252)
We looked at the web site and I must say what a horrible place that must be......... wife noo loonger looookiiiiing.......WOW I will be there everyday game on or not! JK. Location seems great.

Ha. Yeah, it's like a Hooters - but it doesn't take away too much from the game.

P-neck, we'll see ya when we see ya then.

OzzO 08-07-2008 12:13 PM

I guess all my fellow Texan bretheren in DFW have turned to the silver and blue to worship mummies and Jessica Simpson's bish.

... yeah, I'm calling y'all out.

Errant Hothy 08-07-2008 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzzO (Post 967238)
I guess all my fellow Texan bretheren in DFW have turned to the silver and blue to worship mummies and Jessica Simpson's bish.

... yeah, I'm calling y'all out.

Dude, that's not cool.

I'm not sure how available I'll be this fall. My youngest start flag football and my oldest will be playing tackle yet again. I'll probably be good for the Oct games, as I will be coming from work.

IF we can somewhere other then Ker's I might become more available.

OzzO 08-07-2008 12:22 PM

Heh - I knew that'd get someone's attention.

Hey, if any of y'all know of alternate sports bar central locations, I'm all open for that. (I'm still realtively new to the city.)

Guess I better start googling.

Errant Hothy 08-07-2008 12:29 PM

Buffalo Wild Wings opened the first of their newly redesigned locations in Irving recently (It's a 635 and MacArthur roughly).

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie...5/daily29.html

Quote:

The Irving restaurant is 6,000 square feet, with 240 seats indoors and 36 seats on the patio. There is also a new lounge area located between the bar and the family-orientated dining sections. The restaurant has more than 50 TV.
Looks impressive from the outside.

OzzO 08-07-2008 06:03 PM

Hmm... I'm down for that for an alternative (though it's chicken again).

Would y'all want to hit that this Saturday or start off with Ker's till we get the gameplan? It'd be real nice to have one or a couple of "home base".

OzzO 08-08-2008 12:40 PM

Alright you slackers. In addition to Ker's, here's some suggestions...

Twin Peaks - Arlington
Bone Daddy's - Dallas though I can't tell if they have the games there.
Wizard's Sports cafe - Richardson - 2nd WIN Det home game, good size and pool tables
Buffalo Wild Wings - Irving, Addison, Lewisville - Indy home game in Irving, good place.

... the search continues. Let me know if any (or all) of those meet your fancy. And where the heck is A-Tx?

Found a few more alternatives listed in the '07 DFW watch party thread.

Big Johnson's beer garden - Dallas
Buffalo Joes - Dallas - Browns game - WIN, good "strip center" sports bar
TNT Sports Page - Addison though this seems to be Viking fans homebase
Frankie's Bar - uptown Dallas - 3rd WIN in a row! Cincinnati home game - better than MAT, packed with 'boy fans
Varsity Club - Plano

some more...
Bailey's 1st & 10 - Highland Park
Industry Bar - Richardson
McKinney Ave Tavern - uptown Dallas - Pit game, good place, but you'd think more than one waitress for Sundays
Ten Sports Grill - downtown dallas - Jag away game - good place, but all the smoking Saint fans go there
Wild Turkey- Dallas

Others suggested / found.....
Cafe Gecko - Addison
Ker's Wing House - Dallas Miami home game - 1st WIN (good juju)
Texan Station - Grapevine
Flips Grill - Grapevine - Titan away game, good food and service. 2nd visit - Min away
Bobby V - Arlington
No Frills - Arlington

edit - we're gonna hit some 2nd go arounds, those will be highlighted. I'll start bolding the upcoming game for perhaps easier scanning. Revised the red spots to places that seemed to be most enjoyable if we want to rehit those.

OzzO 08-09-2008 10:29 AM

Added some more to the list above (perhaps to keep the list on the first page). Based off noting where people lived in the '07 thread and these locations, see if we can't come up with something central - perhaps permanent home base or rotating among a few...

Edit, looks like those are N Dallas - ranging from Irving and Carollton on the West side to Richardson and Plano on the East side. Then from what I can gather.... Hoth and P-neck on the NW side, ChrisR and A-Tx on the West side, DallasTx up North, I'm in NE and TexansSB07 on the East side... so, yeah - we're all over.

Yeesh.

OzzO 08-09-2008 05:06 PM

Last call - 2 hours before the game. Anyone wanna meet up? I'm in NE Dallas, so we don't need to do the "offical spot" as of yet - like there is one.

The Pencil Neck 08-09-2008 05:08 PM

Nah, I've already got plans with the wife to stay home tonight.

Errant Hothy 08-09-2008 05:16 PM

I'm sitting at the office, so I'm out.

OzzO 08-11-2008 12:02 PM

Any early plans for this week's game? Another Sat night game - depending on response, either I'll check on one for the group or I'll head to one close by my area.

ArlingtonTexan 08-11-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzzO (Post 970275)
Any early plans for this week's game? Another Sat night game - depending on response, either I'll check on one for the group or I'll head to one close by my area.

I have no idea how I missed this thread last week, but I would not have been able to go as we had dinner plans with another couple. Probably OK for this Saturday, but it might be a MRS. AT tagalong night as she is out of town this week and will want to unwind.

Let me look at the list and see what looks interesting.

OzzO 08-11-2008 08:04 PM

Sweet - glad to have y'all back around. Seems we have another in our midst, ChrisR from Ft.W - we gotta impress him... for a little bit anyway till he buys a few rounds.

:shades:

Errant Hothy 08-12-2008 09:06 AM

I'm a definite no go this week. Between football weight ins and my oldest's birthday I'm thinking my Sat. is already packed.