Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Adibi signed. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51709)

Insideop 07-15-2008 07:31 PM

Adibi signed.

Just saw this in the Chronicle

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5889824.html

The Pencil Neck 07-15-2008 07:35 PM

Re: Adibi signed.

Agreed to terms, not quite signed.

But this is good news.

Insideop 07-15-2008 07:38 PM

Yeah, he will sign on Wednesday. 3 down and 4 to go!

ATXtexanfan 07-15-2008 07:42 PM

Woo Hoo, let's get the rest in

TexansLucky13 07-15-2008 08:26 PM

Sweet! I have high hopes for this guy.

ObsiWan 07-15-2008 08:31 PM

yay
:kingkong:

awtysst 07-15-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 (Post 953861)
Sweet! I have high hopes for this guy.

Its hard not to. As a 4th rounder we hope that he can be a good depth/ spot starter. If he can provide more than we win. If he is depth/spot starter then we are thrilled that he panned out. The return rate after the 3rd round is usually pretty low, so if we are drafting people that can contribute we are drafting well.

dalemurphy 07-15-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awtysst (Post 953868)
Its hard not to. As a 4th rounder we hope that he can be a good depth/ spot starter. If he can provide more than we win. If he is depth/spot starter then we are thrilled that he panned out. The return rate after the 3rd round is usually pretty low, so if we are drafting people that can contribute we are drafting well.

thank you Charlie Casserly.

YoungTexanFan 07-15-2008 09:17 PM

My favorite draft choice.

barrett 07-16-2008 12:17 AM

mine too. he was the one i was most excited about on draft day. any idea what agents each of our draftees use? any of them using the same agent? or the same agent as some of our other guys. sometimes that speeds things along.

PapaL 07-16-2008 07:15 AM

I'm stoked. I hope plays as well for us as he did at VATech.

Ole Miss Texan 07-16-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan (Post 953880)
My favorite draft choice.

I'll be watching him closely. I thought he played really well in college and would go much higher than he did. Sometimes guys just slip in the draft, but this one really... I can't put a finger on it. I'm really excited to watch him play, I just hope it's not "too good to be true".

I remember I had my notes out and everything during the draft and when we selected him, I looked down and was thinking, "How in the hell is this guy still available?" I thought it was some sort of mistake but sure enough I didn't have him marked off my list. Anyways, it's looking like we got a steal with him and I really hope it turns out that way!

TexanBacker93 07-16-2008 11:44 AM

I'd love to see him do for us what the last LB that slid farther than he should have has done for us.:cowboy1:

JWarren14 07-16-2008 12:39 PM

I used to love watching the Va Tech Thursday night games and watching #11 flying around the field making plays. Hopefully I can enjoy it on Sundays now.

Specnatz 07-16-2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 940584)
I was thinking about that the other day meaning I had not heard any player had signed.

I say Xavier Adibi

Well I got something right at least.

I am confident we will have all our guys in before camp starts.

CT CSTM 07-16-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awtysst (Post 953868)

Xavier was in the other day, this kids look,physical build and mentality screams "Football Player",,,his mindset is to win the starting job and be a force on the team,,,doesn't seem like the type of kid to be happy with "Getting in the games every now and then"

Battle Red Flash 07-16-2008 02:42 PM

I am happy about this. Just look at my avatar. I am elated like that. :splits:

....no really, I like that kid.

Seņor Stan 07-16-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT CSTM (Post 954181)
Xavier was in the other day, this kids look,physical build and mentality screams "Football Player",,,his mindset is to win the starting job and be a force on the team,,,doesn't seem like the type of kid to be happy with "Getting in the games every now and then"

Thanks for the insight!

How is Charles doing?

TexansLucky13 07-16-2008 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CT CSTM (Post 954181)

Heck yea thats exactly what I wanted to hear!

Where exactly was he?

CT CSTM 07-16-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 954189)
Thanks for the insight!

How is Charles doing?

He's doing real good,,,

TL13,,,at my shop,,,