Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51353)

Texans_Chick 06-27-2008 09:32 AM

Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Over at imatexan.com, I put up the picture of me abusing my evil nemesis, Annoying Cowboy Fan. Some of you saw that as it was happening, but I've received a number of emails asking the story behind that picture, so I wrote it and stuck it in one of them miniblogs over there:

Texans Chick Defeats Annoying Cowboy Fan...A Story

The offseason is long.

Texan_Bill 06-27-2008 10:33 AM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Great blog.

BTW, I hope none of the emails / comments you received were rude.

Texans_Chick 06-27-2008 10:50 AM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 945121)
Great blog.

BTW, I hope none of the emails / comments you received were rude.

Heck no! They were from forward-thinking, right-minded, good-hearted, Texans fans. The finest people in America.

A number of them were from the "Hate the Cowboys" group at imatexans. So I figured I'd write them a blog post that would be suitable for that group.

And if anybody wrote anything jerky to me about it, well then, it would likely prove my point.

I understand that there are people who are both Texans fans and Cowboy fans. For a lot of folks, that is for historical or geographic reasons or poor upbringing. I get that. Some of those folks are embarrassed for their fanbase as a whole.

You can root for a number of teams, but at the end of the day, you have to have a favorite team.

jaayteetx 06-27-2008 11:15 AM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
That was hillarious!

Hardcore Texan 06-27-2008 12:10 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Very entertaining write-up, TC ....and sooooo accurate. I can not wait to share with the aforementioned relative thats a cowgirl fan.

Texans_Chick 06-27-2008 12:20 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 945218)
Very entertaining write-up, TC ....and sooooo accurate. I can not wait to share with the aforementioned relative thats a cowgirl fan.

Lots of ways to beat up ACF....including creating links to send to them. lol.

Hardcore Texan 06-27-2008 12:28 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 945226)
Lots of ways to beat up ACF....including creating links to send to them. lol.

I have 2 of them, my father-in-law, and my sister-in-law's husband. And we go to visit them in Dallas next weekend....should make for some interesting conversation, thank for the ammo :smiliedance:

Showtime100 06-27-2008 12:34 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Nice job, TC!

The Pencil Neck 06-27-2008 12:55 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 945141)
I understand that there are people who are both Texans fans and Cowboy fans.

I understand all the words in this sentence and the grammar of the sentence but when I put all the parts together, I can't make any sense of it. :headhurts:

:texan:

HoustonFrog 06-27-2008 01:18 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Despite my affiliations I understand completely. I'll zip it:) Good work. I'm one of the good ones. You can buy me a beer

SheTexan 06-27-2008 01:18 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Funny read TC!! I loved it! The comment about the cockroaches goes well with the thread in "no sports talk allowed." :)

DiehardChris 06-27-2008 01:38 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
As a young boy, I went to a Glanville-era Cowboys/Oilers pre-season game in Dallas. I was wearing an Oilers t-shirt that was covered in autographs.

A guy sitting behind my dumped beer all over me. A grown man -- dumped his entire beer all over a kid wearing an Oilers shirt. He and my dad were coming to blows - then we were all ejected from the game, which was fine because it was a blowout in the Oilers favor.

So, whether it's fair or not - I'm pretty much going to hate Cowboy fans. Even though I married into an entire family of them.

GuerillaBlack 06-27-2008 01:44 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
^^That sucks. Could you still see the autographs?

Also, I can't see the blog. :(

Double Barrel 06-27-2008 01:53 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 945073)
Over at imatexan.com, I put up the picture of me abusing my evil nemesis, Annoying Cowboy Fan. Some of you saw that as it was happening, but I've received a number of emails asking the story behind that picture, so I wrote it and stuck it in one of them miniblogs over there:

Texans Chick Defeats Annoying Cowboy Fan...A Story

The offseason is long.


Classic! :thumbup

I'd rep you if the system would let me.

Showtime100 06-27-2008 02:01 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DiehardChris (Post 945283)
As a young boy, I went to a Glanville-era Cowboys/Oilers pre-season game in Dallas. I was wearing an Oilers t-shirt that was covered in autographs.

A guy sitting behind my dumped beer all over me. A grown man -- dumped his entire beer all over a kid wearing an Oilers shirt. He and my dad were coming to blows - then we were all ejected from the game, which was fine because it was a blowout in the Oilers favor.

So, whether it's fair or not - I'm pretty much going to hate Cowboy fans. Even though I married into an entire family of them.

I've gotta know what happened to the shirt. What is it's condition right now? I know it was tarnished to the point of no return, but do you still have it?

Texans_Chick 06-27-2008 02:02 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack (Post 945291)
^^That sucks. Could you still see the autographs?

Also, I can't see the blog. :(

Are you a member? Do you have to be a member to see the blogs?

Or maybe you didn't scroll down. The blog shows up at the bottom of the page.

NBT 06-27-2008 05:24 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
You'er ok TC. My kind of people. Glad to be in the same fanbase with ya.

GuerillaBlack 06-27-2008 05:27 PM

Re: Unkind thoughts about some Cowboy fans.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 945305)
Are you a member? Do you have to be a member to see the blogs?

Or maybe you didn't scroll down. The blog shows up at the bottom of the page.

I didn't sign in before, or just now, but it finally works for me. Like when I first clicked the link, nothing about "Texans_Chick" or anything showed up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger