Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   17 Coaches (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5130)

BigDTexansFan 12-14-2004 07:00 PM

17 Coaches
 
There are 17 coaches on Texans sidelines (including Dom Capers) they have a coach for everything, maybe we need less specialized coaching and just 1 voice advising players. :hairpull:

Texans Coaching Staff
NAME TITLE
Dom Capers Head Coach
Vic Fangio Defensive Coordinator
Joe Marciano Special Teams Coordinator
Chris Palmer Offensive Coordinator
Kippy Brown Wide Receivers Coach
Todd Grantham Defensive Line Coach
Chick Harris Running Backs Coach
Jon Hoke Defensive Backs Coach
Tony Marciano Tight Ends Coach
Tony Oden Defensive Assistant/Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
Tom Olivadotti Linebackers Coach
Joe Pendry Offensive Line Coach (Guards/Centers)
Dan Riley Strength & Conditioning Coach
Greg Roman Quarterbacks Coach
Steve Marshall Offensive Line Coach (Tackles)
Eric Sutulovich Assistant Special Teams Coach/Admin. Asst.
Ray Wright Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach

Fiddy 12-14-2004 07:08 PM

The Patriots have 17...
The Steelers have 16...
The Eagles have 20...

idonno:

Lucky 12-14-2004 07:30 PM

Wouldn't it be great if all 17 of the Texans coaches were introduced running through the inflatable helmet before the Browns game? :idea:

Um, maybe not. :slap:

Txnpride 12-14-2004 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
There are 17 coaches on Texans sidelines (including Dom Capers) they have a coach for everything, maybe we need less specialized coaching and just 1 voice advising players. :hairpull:

Texans Coaching Staff
NAME TITLE
Dom Capers Head Coach
Vic Fangio Defensive Coordinator
Joe Marciano Special Teams Coordinator
Chris Palmer Offensive Coordinator
Kippy Brown Wide Receivers Coach
Todd Grantham Defensive Line Coach
Chick Harris Running Backs Coach
Jon Hoke Defensive Backs Coach
Tony Marciano Tight Ends Coach
Tony Oden Defensive Assistant/Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
Tom Olivadotti Linebackers Coach
Joe Pendry Offensive Line Coach (Guards/Centers)
Dan Riley Strength & Conditioning Coach
Greg Roman Quarterbacks Coach
Steve Marshall Offensive Line Coach (Tackles)
Eric Sutulovich Assistant Special Teams Coach/Admin. Asst.
Ray Wright Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach

I dont care if there are 1000 coaches on the field....if the players dont produce.....you aint gonna win.

axman40 12-14-2004 07:36 PM

We still need a clock coach! :hmmm:

Harry Biped 12-14-2004 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axman40
We still need a clock coach! :hmmm:

And a "How not to make stupid mistakes at crucial times" coach too.

TexansNFL 12-14-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Biped
And a "How not to make stupid mistakes at crucial times" coach too.

And a coach to decide when to challenge the officiating on the field...please!!!!

Jwwillis 12-14-2004 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axman40
We still need a clock coach! :hmmm:

good 1 :rofl: :rofl:

Jwwillis 12-14-2004 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
There are 17 coaches on Texans sidelines (including Dom Capers) they have a coach for everything, maybe we need less specialized coaching and just 1 voice advising players. :hairpull:

Texans Coaching Staff
NAME TITLE
Dom Capers Head Coach
Vic Fangio Defensive Coordinator
Joe Marciano Special Teams Coordinator
Chris Palmer Offensive Coordinator
Kippy Brown Wide Receivers Coach
Todd Grantham Defensive Line Coach
Chick Harris Running Backs Coach
Jon Hoke Defensive Backs Coach
Tony Marciano Tight Ends Coach
Tony Oden Defensive Assistant/Assistant Defensive Backs Coach
Tom Olivadotti Linebackers Coach
Joe Pendry Offensive Line Coach (Guards/Centers)
Dan Riley Strength & Conditioning Coach
Greg Roman Quarterbacks Coach
Steve Marshall Offensive Line Coach (Tackles)
Eric Sutulovich Assistant Special Teams Coach/Admin. Asst.
Ray Wright Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach

IMO Joe Pendry and Steve Marshall need to watch there backs.

cuppacoffee 12-15-2004 10:58 AM

Jon Hoke Defensive Backs Coach


Being interviewed for the Pitt Panther job.

Vinny 12-15-2004 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDTexansFan
There are 17 coaches on Texans sidelines (including Dom Capers) they have a coach for everything, maybe we need less specialized coaching and just 1 voice advising players. :hairpull:

I suggest...

http://www.houstontexans.com/wpimages/fb101_120104.jpg

BigDTexansFan 12-16-2004 07:36 PM

Gee Vinny was that supposed to be funny
 
not sure maybe your humor is drier than West Texas, my point is that these days we have a coach for everything but bathroom breaks. In earlier days of NFL you had an OL coach not one for tackles 1 for centers 1 for guards 1 for holding drink bottle and towels. :thud:

astrofan 12-16-2004 08:16 PM

replace:
Chris Palmer
Kippy Brown
Chick Harris
Tony Marciano
Joe Pendry
Greg Roman
Steve Marshall
Dan Riley
Ray Wright

with:
Mike Leach (OC&QBs)
Bill Bedenbaugh (RBs&OL)
Sonny Dykes (WRs)
Dana Holgerson (TEs&slotreceivers)
Bennie Wylie(kicking *ss)

now we're down to 13
that was easy

TexansTrueFan 12-16-2004 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrofan
replace:
Chris Palmer
Kippy Brown
Chick Harris
Tony Marciano
Joe Pendry
Greg Roman
Steve Marshall
Dan Riley
Ray Wright

with:
Mike Leach (OC&QBs)
Bill Bedenbaugh (RBs&OL)
Sonny Dykes (WRs)
Dana Holgerson (TEs&slotreceivers)
Bennie Wylie(kicking *ss)

now we're down to 13
that was easy

you forgot about Dom Capers :banana:

astrofan 12-16-2004 09:29 PM

I think Capers would be an awesome DC (keep VicF, too)
we could hire Sam Harrell from Ennis to be HC

then we would be back up to 14 though

BornOrange 12-17-2004 05:28 PM

Yeah, Mike Leach would really do well in the NFL. :crazy: :rofl:

astrofan 12-18-2004 11:46 AM

Green Bay (leads division)
St. Louis (second)
Minnesota (second)
Dolts (leads)
Phillie (leads)
Seattle (leads)

nevermind, passing teams suck
I know, lets draft Matt Jones and run the ball every play

Texan Gal 312 12-18-2004 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astrofan
Green Bay (leads division)
St. Louis (second)
Minnesota (second)
Dolts (leads)
Phillie (leads)
Seattle (leads)

nevermind, passing teams suck
I know, lets draft Matt Jones and run the ball every play

St Louis (6-7) second just ahead of powerhouses Arizona and SF - yes they do suck.

Minnesota 7-6 second just ahead of Chicago and Detroit - going no where in a hurry

Seattle - leads division just ahead of St. Louis (see above) - about to get head coach fired.

You could say some of the same for leading running teams
Atlanta 10-3 clinched division
Pittsburgh 12-1 clinched division
Jets 9-4 second, likely to make playoffs
New England 12-1

By the way, Kansas City makes both list. So in conclusion, Having a really dominating defense is the MOST IMPORTANT.

HJam72 12-18-2004 04:31 PM

Sounds like maybe we need to draft front 7 on the Defense. :hmmm:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger