Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   It's game one. What position (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51216)

badboy 06-20-2008 04:06 PM

It's game one. What position

are you focusing on? For me it will be CB opposite Bennett. I wanted to say FS but I think the improved DL, LBs and CBs will take pressure off and Demps or whomever, will do ok.

rmartin65 06-20-2008 04:11 PM

Re: It's game one. What position

QB and OL. Schaub has to prove himself, and I want to see Gibbs's magic.

buddyboy 06-20-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmartin65 (Post 941287)
QB and OL. Schaub has to prove himself, and I want to see Gibbs's magic.

I'll mostly be watching the running back and oline to see if our running game is really improved by Gibbs.

The Pencil Neck 06-20-2008 04:35 PM

OL.

And RB.

76Texan 06-20-2008 04:36 PM

I hope I'll be focusing on some TD celebrations! :smiliedance:

Corrosion 06-20-2008 09:28 PM

Ill be focusing on my workout ..... lifting cold beer

On the offensive side I think the running game , Rb in conjunction w/ the OL will be my main focus .... I think that its probably the key to the season . A solid ground attack keeps a defense honest in normal down and distance plays . That opens things up for the passing game .

As for the defensive side , It comes down to the guy's up front putting pressure on the opposing QB and stopping the run . If they can do that consistantly everyone elses job becomes that much easier .

ATXtexanfan 06-20-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 941283)
are you focusing on? For me it will be CB opposite Bennett. I wanted to say FS but I think the improved DL, LBs and CBs will take pressure off and Demps or whomever, will do ok.

agree about CB, the secondary is still my concern heading into this season. PITT does have weapons

Vinny 06-20-2008 11:42 PM

I'll be watching for and hoping an improved front-7 can take some pressure off of a secondary that may eat a lot of toast next season.

TexanSam 06-20-2008 11:46 PM

Offensive line. I want to see if there is a noticeable difference with Alex Gibbs on board.

barrett 06-21-2008 12:25 AM

Meyers, Brown, Jones, Okoye, Whoever is at DE opposite Williams, Whoever is at Cb opposite Bennett, Whoever is at OLB opposite Greenwood, Whoever is at safety opposite the other safety that we'll have starting. Oh, and Whoever lines up behind Schaub...

we have alot of unanswered questions but I like alot of those potential answers.

Grid 06-21-2008 12:37 AM

Im gonna be watching the OL, the RBs, the DL, and the Schaub to Johnson connection.

Why? Because:

1) Of all of our offseason improvements..im most interested to see what our acquisition of Gibbs, and our emphasis on giving him the Oline he wants, has done for our running game.

2) Because I keep hearing about how great our DL looks and I want to see if there is some dominance there.. and I love watching Mario get a sack.

3) Because I think that Schaub to Johnson is the most crucial part of our offense. When they are connecting..we win games.

TexansLucky13 06-21-2008 12:49 AM

Oh do I wish it were game one.

I won't be focusing on anyone. I just want to soak in the joy of a new season.

:fans:

Scooter 06-21-2008 01:09 AM

i'll be watching mario and okoye. the entire preseason however is going to be spent on the offensive line.

ObsiWan 06-21-2008 01:55 AM

The defense. So many questions.....
Has Okoye really progressed as much as Kubiak says?
Will Okam beat out T.J.?
Is Weaver healthy or will Cochran beat him out?
Who starts at SAM?
How much will Colvin play?
Is Diles really ready?
Will Bennett be as good as he looked last year?
What does Reeves bring to the mix?
Can we get the hell off the field by generating 3-and-outs?
Can we produce takeaways?

As long as Richard Smith is running the show, I'll have questions about this defense.

NBT 06-21-2008 12:26 PM

How well we defend against the run, and how well we run the ball ourselves.

Thorn 06-21-2008 01:26 PM

I'll be watching the D-line and the O-line both. Nothing else matters if they don't work.

whiskeyrbl 06-22-2008 07:54 AM

OL and DL

Malloy 06-22-2008 08:22 AM

RB (Our running game in general) and QB.

steds 06-22-2008 11:00 AM

Want to see how Okoye pushes on, myself.

gary 06-22-2008 12:25 PM

I'll be watching the OL and the RB's to see if the OL can block the way the RB's need them to in order for them to have some of those big runs down the field.