Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Houston Vs. Chicago (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5060)

pittbull 12-12-2004 06:21 PM

Houston Vs. Chicago

OK OK OK!!! This is getting to be a recurrent theme, but we need to protect Carr. We need to lower the penalties. We need to get the ball to Johnson. We need a new this, we need a new that. Let's face it. We need to do alot of things better. This weeks game, believe it or not, will mean alot to the franchise. If this team goes to Chicago, and lays an egg, they tanked the remainder of the season. Over the past few games, we ran into a few wrecking balls of "playoff" caliber teams, and got it handed to us, and frankly that is what happens when your not very good. BUT, if we cannot beat the teams in the league, that we should, then this team has officially given up on the season. More Fire Palmer threads. More Carr to Johnson plays, that never happen, I'm out................Sorry, Rome flashback! Houston has more heart than to tank it! :hairpull:

Houston 27
Chicago 14

Vinny 12-12-2004 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittbull
BUT, if we cannot beat the teams in the league, that we should, then this team has officially given up on the season.

They are saying the same thing in Chicago about us.

pittbull 12-12-2004 06:25 PM

Your right!

Good reply Vinny. Your exactly right!!! :listening

wags 12-12-2004 06:27 PM

The smiley on the left is Chicago's D-line and the one on the right is our O-line. :slap:

Oilers/Texans 12-12-2004 06:50 PM

I don't think Chicago feels that way.

Vinny 12-12-2004 06:52 PM

Every team and their fans feel like they 'should' beat the teams with bad records. Why wouldn't they?

Oilers/Texans 12-12-2004 07:11 PM

They feel like they will win, and think they should, but this is not a game they "should" win and they know it. They feel they can win but they should also know that the Texans are a better team than they are. Like our game today. I felt the Texans could and should win it, but I also knew that we may very well lose because the Colty offense being so good and our defense not being so good. The Bears are bad and their fans know it. They think they will win but will not be at all surprised if they lose. From our standpoint, I think the Texans will win and I will be shocked (and embarassed) if Houston loses to such as bad a team as Chicago.

jags98 12-12-2004 07:12 PM

You guys should have no problems beating the Bears if they play like they did today. They have a huge weakness at Oline and Qb. So they cant run because of the oline and cant protect the QB. Decent D though.

Texans:24
Bears:13

Vinny 12-12-2004 07:40 PM

We live in their NFL neighborhood though. If we can beat the Bears it will be the only team we beat in their division. We've been swept so far by Detroit, Green Bay and Minnesota.

Team W L T PCT PF PA
Chicago 5 8 0 .385 199 257
Houston 5 8 0 .385 250 312

HJam72 12-12-2004 07:56 PM

I think we're going to lose this game. The Texans stink on the road and the game today was proof of how much better they've been doing at home. It's probably more common throughout the league than most people realize, but the Texans are getting really notorious for it.

They say to give the home team 3 points, but I say give them AT LEAST 7.

Oh, and, in the Texans' case, take away another 14 from the other team.

JaguarsFan1 12-12-2004 08:23 PM

Texans WILL beat DaBears.

Keldar 12-12-2004 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jags98
You guys should have no problems beating the Bears if they play like they did today. They have a huge weakness at Oline and Qb. So they cant run because of the oline and cant protect the QB. Decent D though.

Sounds like you are describing the Texans. :dontknowa

Lucky 12-12-2004 08:54 PM

Well, that's calling your shot. I guess Capers needs to make sure the Texans beat the Bears.

I'll call my shot: Da Bears will be in a cover 2 all game.

wags 12-12-2004 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky

I'll call my shot: Da Bears will be in a cover 2 all game.

The Tampa Cover 2 no less.

keyfro 12-12-2004 09:25 PM

i will call this...it will be a defensive game...the bear's defense will get 2 ints against us because we all know carr sucks on the road...azumah will get one and tillman the other...but our own robinson will get an int and so will earl...peek will get a pair of sacks and the team that wins will be the one that can protect their qb best...i'm sorry as bad as their o-line is ours isn't that much better...the game will be desided by 3 or less points

the wonger need food 12-12-2004 09:28 PM

This team can't beat anyone right now. The Colts have the worst defense in the AFC and they scored 14 points. Aside from one 5-game stretch, this season has been a disaster. One gutless performance after another.

wags 12-12-2004 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the wonger need food
The Colts have the worst defense in the AFC and they scored 14 points.

After this game our defense is now ranked worse than the Colts. :dontknowa

JaguarsFan1 12-12-2004 11:04 PM

Urlacher left todays game with a bad hammy. Might bee a good time to run on the 27th ranked run D.

TexansTrueFan 12-13-2004 03:13 AM

ok ok we gotta win THIS ONE !!!!

Texans 31

Bears 10

WWJD 12-13-2004 08:11 AM

I think the Texans will win this game.