Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   From the Coltfreaks Board (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50461)

SheTitan 05-20-2008 03:11 AM

From the Coltfreaks Board

As a Titan's fan, I don't agree with this post, but I thought a few on this board would appreciate it http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/show...7&postcount=13

PapaL 05-20-2008 06:19 AM

Re: From the Coltfreaks Board

Just what I need - A Titans fan, on the same forum as me that lives down the street from me (Germantown).

I think the AFC South standings are going to be a state of flux over the next few years. I think the Colts reign of supremacy is coming an end.

Mr teX 05-20-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 921220)
Just what I need - A Titans fan, on the same forum as me that lives down the street from me (Germantown).

I think the AFC South standings are going to be a state of influx over the next few years. I think the Colts reign of supremacy is coming an end.

They will be the atlanta braves of the NFL, they'll have ruled over our division for damn near 2 decades but only 1 title with a whole bunch of playoff disasters.

WV-Colt 05-20-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 921283)
They will be the atlanta braves of the NFL, they'll have ruled over our division for damn near 2 decades but only 1 title with a whole bunch of playoff disasters.

so, to use the same comparison that would make the texans, who?

the rangers? no championships.

or maybe the rays? never in the playoffs.

nah, the rays are good this year, can't be them.

we'll stay in-state and say the rangers.

case closed.

adam 05-20-2008 10:42 PM

I could see that happening next season. The Titans defense is not going to be able to make up for that pathetic offense forever, they are on the verge of disaster. Overcoming the Jaguars will not be easy, but I believe in the improvements we've made. There's no reason (barring injuries) that we can't be as solid a team as the Jaguars.

I'll say this though, the Texans will not be last in the division next year. Third, perhaps. Certainly not fourth, however.

TexanSam 05-20-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 921283)

I would take that over the overall state of our franchise since we started.

SheTitan 05-21-2008 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 921905)
I could see that happening next season. The Titans defense is not going to be able to make up for that pathetic offense forever, they are on the verge of disaster. Overcoming the Jaguars will not be easy, but I believe in the improvements we've made. There's no reason (barring injuries) that we can't be as solid a team as the Jaguars.

I'll say this though, the Texans will not be last in the division next year. Third, perhaps. Certainly not fourth, however.

Thank you Adam for actually getting the reason I started this thread
Quote:

Partial quote of what was originally posted in www.coltfreaks.com by *Jules*
1) Colts
2) Texans
3) Jags
4) Titans
Disclaimer: I don't agree with you or *Jules*

NBT 05-21-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

I think the AFC South standings are going to be a state of influx over the next few years. I think the Colts reign of supremacy is coming an end.

.........Errr...Uhhh, I think he meant "state of flux". But you can never tell. The AFC south is a tough division allright, the Colts still have Manning and Dungy's D, the Jags did add a couple of DE's (how good they perform still to be determined), and the Tacks still have Yo..........well, coach Fisher!

PapaL 05-21-2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBT (Post 922727)
.........Errr...Uhhh, I think he meant "state of flux". But you can never tell. The AFC south is a tough division allright, the Colts still have Manning and Dungy's D, the Jags did add a couple of DE's (how good they perform still to be determined), and the Tacks still have Yo..........well, coach Fisher!

Oh yeah good catch there

http://images.encyclopediadramatica....6/63/Klink.jpg

Texan_Bill 05-21-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 922786)

Col. Klink looks pissed.

PapaL 05-21-2008 06:03 PM

Aren't all Nazis pissed? Especially Grammar Nazis?

b0ng 05-21-2008 06:42 PM

I'm glad like 3 people on a colts board thinks the Texans will do better than Tennessee or Jacksonville. I agree with their thread about why does everybody think the Jags are going to bust out. I don't understand how adding two rookie DE's, getting rid of a player like Marcus Stroud (wtf was that about) and losing your DC to another team is going to make you great. Oh yeah, lets add an old ass receiver that had one decent year.

Yeah fail.

Texans_Chick 05-21-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 922825)
I'm glad like 3 people on a colts board thinks the Texans will do better than Tennessee or Jacksonville. I agree with their thread about why does everybody think the Jags are going to bust out. I don't understand how adding two rookie DE's, getting rid of a player like Marcus Stroud (wtf was that about) and losing your DC to another team is going to make you great. Oh yeah, lets add an old ass receiver that had one decent year.

Yeah fail.

Our division is intriguing.

1. Colts are always one Manning injury away from complete disaster. But he seems to have a pact with the devil and never gets hurt.

2. Interesting to see if the Titans can continue having their defense keep them in games. It is a key year to see if Vince Young can grow up and not be outed on national TV as someone who pouts when things aren't going his way. And to see if he is healthy again--quad injuries can linger.

3. The Jags are a very odd team. Defense has kept them together and a consistent running game. They just gave a big contract to a QB who is not prototypical size, has a chronic disabling disease that could flare up at any time, and has a bunch of junk as backups. It may not hurt them any because if they can get good field position with their defense, and continue to beat down teams running the ball, then all they need is a QB that just doesn't screw things up.

The Jags and Titans are sort of built the same--questionable QB, junk wide receivers, want to run the ball and have their QB not make mistakes, aggresive defense that keeps offenses on their heels and prevents games from turning into shoot outs that they really don't want to get into.

4. The Texans have to win more games on the road. A September start with 3 of 4 on the road with a youngish line not used to playing together is not the easiest way to gain more road confidence. They have to be healthy or at least not flukey unhealthy. Their offense has to hold onto the ball and the defense has to improve to even league average.

If you said what was going to happen last season but before the season started (turnovers, horrid pass/run defense, injuries to so many key players, Ron Dayne leading rusher), there is no way you would have predicted 8-8. With all those set backs, they still made it to 8-8. That is stunning to me.

Alex Gibbs is a major plus factor for next year. This may be the first Kubiak year where we see the offense for what it is supposed to be--with the run and pass in sync. Feeding off each other and keeping defenses off balance, and away from just waiting to lay wood on the WR/TEs as soon as they catch the ball.

With the way our division is set up, you have to be built in a way to deal with the physicality of the Jags/Titans but also smart, quick and resilient enough to deal with the Colts.

The Texans blueprint is figuring that they can out-strategery teams on offense and just draft keep throwing talented fast players on defense, including tall DBs to deal with Jags/Titans. Sort of a mirror image of the Colts.

Colts have a defensive minded head coach who looks to obtain a ton of talent on the offensive side of the ball, and drafts his sort of guys to fill in for his system defense. Texans have an offensive minded head coach who looks to obtain a ton of talent on the defensive side of the ball, and drafts his sort of guys to fill in for his system offense.

Ultimately, there are a ton of players in the AFC South who were happy that they spent the prime of their careers padding fat stats and getting bank when the Texans were growing up and stunk on ice. Those days are soon to be over.

threetoedpete 05-22-2008 12:43 AM

Strength of Schedule

You are what you do. Last year injuries or not, they basically got swept within
the division.
Wanna argue the last game was a quality win, be my guest.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/90122/512

If they make the playoff run in '08, they will have earned it.

NBT 06-06-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

I think the AFC South standings are going to be a state of flux over the next few years. I think the Colts reign of supremacy is coming an end.

Let the rest of the division be in a state of flux. We are moving up with a purpose.

NBT 06-12-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 922786)

You'er welcome. Good grammar never hurt anybody, except for maybe the thinskinned.

PapaL 06-12-2008 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NBT (Post 936968)
You'er welcome. Good grammar never hurt anybody, except for maybe the thinskinned.

Good job bringing a dead thread back for no reason.

I've also taken the liberty of being ridiculous and bolding your errors. Please address them before the grammar Nazi returns.

:gun:

Second Honeymoon 06-12-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 936976)

I've also taken the liberty of being ridiculous and bolding your errors. Please address them before the grammar Nazi returns.

haha papal

b0ng 06-12-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

I think you fell for the bait friend.

NBT 06-27-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Ha! Ha! Keep it up. I love your stupid remarks.