Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Madden 05 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=503)

Doom Capers 05-25-2004 12:49 PM

Madden 05

I was wondering if there were any Madden fans here. If so, what do you guys think some of our star players will be rated? I think Carr is going to be an 83 overall. And I would say Johnson will be an 85 and D.D a 84. What do you guys think?

SBTexans08 05-25-2004 12:57 PM

Don't know but Madden going Xbox Live is just awesome. ESPN is looking great on paper as well.

BuffSoldier 05-25-2004 01:31 PM

Glenn: 92
Walker: 91
Sharper: 91
R.Smith:88
Carr: 86
AJ:85
DD: 82

and the rooks
Dunta: 80
Babin: 77

Blake 05-25-2004 01:36 PM

Johnson = 86
DD = 88
Carr = 82

Best Player = McKinney = 89

Carr Bombed 05-25-2004 02:17 PM

I think Todd Wade will be rated higher, he was one of the highest rated lineman in last years game

Frailty 05-25-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBTexans08
Don't know but Madden going Xbox Live is just awesome. ESPN is looking great on paper as well.

you know nothing about video games if you'd even compare espn football to madden.. Enough said.

J-Man 05-25-2004 02:47 PM

Carr- 83...strong arm (probably around 95), no touch (in the game), won't show his realistic foot speed (ie much faster than folks give him credit for in the open field)
AJ- 85
DD- 85...up from the low 70's last year!!
Glen- 90+
Sharper- 90
Walker- mid 80's

Dunta....mmmm let's say around 80-82
Babs in the low to mid 70's...maybe not that high, might not be enough info on him to give him a realistic grade.

Speaking of...how the heck does EA come up with their ratings/grades on players? I've always wondered that. :um:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 05-25-2004 02:50 PM

Carr - 84
Johnson - 85
Davis - 88
Sharper - 93
Walker - 86
Robaire - 83
Dunta - 80
Babin - 75

texasguy346 05-25-2004 03:00 PM

I think it will be something like this

Carr - 88
AJ - 87
DD - 83
Sharper - 91
Walker - 84
Dunta - 81
Babin - 72
Wade - 94

Blake 05-25-2004 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frailty
you know nothing about video games if you'd even compare espn football to madden.. Enough said.

You are the one who obviously knows nothing about video games to say that. EVERYONE compares those 2 games against eachother. They are the two most dominant football sports game period. You may like ESPN or madden more, but that doesnt mean that everyone likes that one more. Get a clue.

J-Man 05-25-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
You are the one who obviously knows nothing about video games to say that. EVERYONE compares those 2 games against eachother. They are the two most dominant football sports game period. You may like ESPN or madden more, but that doesnt mean that everyone likes that one more. Get a clue.

Doesn't matter which game you like better as long as you like playing it. I don't think it's a big deal either way, ESPN and Madden both have good points and it depends on what aspects you personally like.

Wolf 05-25-2004 04:54 PM

I am not sure if any of you have been to this madden website, but WOW... if all this is true, it will be awesome on the defensive side of the ball. http://www.maddenguides.com/madden2005e3.html

and boy do I like the jetpacking "fix" .. That irritates me so many times playing my game.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 05-25-2004 05:42 PM

yea its all true. plus they have the team morale feature in franchise mode.

Bolts#1 05-25-2004 07:28 PM

Madden 2005 Online League

THE TEXANS ARE STILL OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

--Coming in August when Madden 2005 comes out.....

Madden 2005 Online League
--TO SIGN UP YOU MUST NEED MADDEN 2005 FOR THE Computer
-32 teams represented by one person each team
-FREE LEAGUE JUST FOR FUN
-Play the regular schedule during the week (If the Lions play the Giants then the Lions will play the Giants in our league)
-Playoffs
-Contact other people to trade teams (if you want to switch teams with another player) before the season starts

RULES
-You have Sunday to Saturday to play your opponent, if you do not the game will be simulated.
-If your opponent does not contact you or refuses to play then you win.
-When you play use all the default rules set up by EAsports Online.
-5:00 quarters, Pro difficultly, Injuries and fatigue ON,
-If some one quits during a game they lose no questions asked.
-If connection is lost email me how much time was left and the score, go back in and play until the game would have been over then add the new score to the old score.
-At the end of each game email me the score and who won.

TEAMS TAKEN
-Chargers (By: Cocoa1080@aol.com)
-Redskins (By: Hashbrown man323@aol.com)
-Eagles (By: Wright100@verizon.net)
-Dolphins (By: Kistner10@yahoo.com)
-Rams (By: leviathan184@yahoo.com)
-Ravens (By: sroches@bgnet.bgsu.edu)
-Lions (By: shibuii42@hotmail.com)
-Steelers (By: wishbone80@comcast.net)
-Raiders (By: ivth_1@yahoo.com)
-Jets (By: markgreenan@hotmail.com)
-Browns (By: tahill79@yahoo.com)
-Colts (By: Viper0052@juno.com)
-Broncos (By: Bagofbones3@aol.com)
-Cowboys (By: ineeddsl@bellsouth.net)
-Patriots (By: raptors13@mac.com)
-Vikings (By: ronlb2002@earthlink.net)
-Packers (By: Hamiltor@uoguelph.ca)
-Saints (By: cvillecb26@yahoo.com)
-Seahawks (By: jlessard78@hotmail.com)
-Falcons (By: Bigbadbootiedddy@aol.com)
-Panthers (By: Football4life137@aol.com)
-Bills (By: Allenq859@aol.com)
-Bengals (By: ICEMANMORAN5@netscape.net)
-Giants (By: Schma69@msn.com)

To sign up email me at:
Cocoa1080@aol.com

To Visit the page go here:
http://members.tripod.com/cuddy030/games_page.htm

Frailty 05-25-2004 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_ROCK

The only thing espn had on madden was xbox live. graphics and gameplay are way better in madden. You're talking to a pro. I've been a game tester before. My team won the Halo Team USA Tournement in Orlando. I have gottten to review games and test them. Madden's mode are much better from a technological standpoint.

DatTexBoy 05-25-2004 08:11 PM

As far as I am concerned there is nothing better than Madden. Anyway, I think Madden is as close as you can get to the real NFL.

BuffSoldier 05-25-2004 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Man
Carr- 83...strong arm (probably around 95), no touch (in the game), won't show his realistic foot speed (ie much faster than folks give him credit for in the open field)
AJ- 85
DD- 85...up from the low 70's last year!!
Glen- 90+
Sharper- 90
Walker- mid 80's

Dunta....mmmm let's say around 80-82
Babs in the low to mid 70's...maybe not that high, might not be enough info on him to give him a realistic grade.

Speaking of...how the heck does EA come up with their ratings/grades on players? I've always wondered that. :um:

EA has a scouting team kinda like the NFL does and they scout and watch film on all the players and improve or decline their ratings based on what they played like last year. Last I read, EA was just finnishing yp their NCAA player ratings and they are about to start on Madden.

Oh and on that Madden, ESPN thing. i dont think ESPN can hold a candle to Madden. With the playmaker and owner mode, along with this years improvements,you cant even put them in the same category.madden 2005 franchise This is great.

281 05-26-2004 07:55 PM

My Predicted Ratings...

Carr - 83 (They need to improve his speed to about 77)

Davis - 85

Johnson - 86

J-Man 05-26-2004 08:17 PM

Thanks for the info on the EA scout team Buffsoldier...I figured that it was something like that. Would love to see a Q&A or interview with those guys and ask them what they were smoking when they rated some of the players.

bobmarley 05-27-2004 01:36 AM

New Rookie images from Madden 2005

I thought you all might like to see these..

http://www.maddenguides.com/Rookies/...obinson_05.jpg

http://www.maddenguides.com/Rookies/..._jbabin_05.jpg
they forget Babin's tattoos.. that sucks