Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Chron.com:May 12 Texans chat transcript (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50282)

Wolf 05-12-2008 11:11 PM

Chron.com:May 12 Texans chat transcript

http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans...chat_tr_1.html

not sure how how much insight megan Manfull has because I haven't read much of her readings

oh my and will not quote it ....Tim , Tim, Tim

nice question Hothboy
Quote:

Hoth-Boy: Which of the UDFAs looked the best over the weekend?
Megan_Manfull: I heard some people buzzing about the wide receiver out of Hawaii. His name is Ryan Grice-Mullin. He looked fast. And he had good hands.

stingray 05-12-2008 11:18 PM

Re: Chron.com:May 12 Texans chat transcript

I got in a question at the end...

Polo 05-12-2008 11:19 PM

I like Manfull actually...I think she stays within herself...

Quote:

atexanfan_1: I heard from a certian dynamic duo (general and sidekick) that Robinson looked well ahead of schedule and may be able to contribute sooner rather than later . Should we get our hopes up and what do you think of the corner we picked up from the cowgirls.

Megan_Manfull: I'll be surprised if the Texans don't put Robinson on PUP, meaning he won't play until midway through the season. They are optimistic about his progress though. So there's a chance he could just be inactive for the first few games and possibly contribute in the first month or two.

painekiller 05-12-2008 11:31 PM

She never got to my questions.

BeerTastesLikeVictory 05-13-2008 06:59 AM

Quote:

TIM: Mario Williams did alot better then his usual effort this past season I was shocked. Do you still think that he was the right choice? Vince did lead his team to the playoffs.
Worst Question Ever!

BigBull17 05-13-2008 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory (Post 917600)
Worst Question Ever!

Agreed. Vince put up a Carr like season and he led his "lead his team to the play offs...?" Its getting old hearing that.

nunusguy 05-13-2008 07:29 AM

I've become a fan of Megans and look forward to her reports in the Chronicle.
She is a trained, skilled writer who has learned quite a bit about the NFL in the short time she's been here.

mussop 05-13-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 917606)
I've become a fan of Megans and look forward to her reports in the Chronicle.
She is a trained, skilled writer who has learned quite a bit about the NFL in the short time she's been here.

I agree she has improved alot. She will be an asset to us Texan fans once she is out from under the giant shadow of McClain.

Silver Oak 05-13-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory (Post 917600)
Worst Question Ever!

I figured the vy question was The Dream getting back to his vy support campaign.

Texan_Bill 05-13-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

TIM: What are the chances that matt Schaub and Andre Johnson stay healthy and we actually clinch a playoff birth? I know it takes alot more then two player but really they are the focal point of our offense.
But wait Tim... Didn't you make this crack:
Quote:

TIM: Mario Williams did alot better then his usual effort this past season I was shocked. Do you still think that he was the right choice? Vince did lead his team to the playoffs.
:hmmm:

You know "it takes alot more then two player", although earlier you implied that Vincent (solely) led his team to the playoffs. :thinking:

*EDIT*
PS.. Good job to the Hoth and the TT folks that participated!!

Wolf 05-13-2008 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 917633)

You know "it takes alot more then two player", although earlier you implied that Vincent (solely) led his team to the playoffs. :thinking:

*EDIT*

true TB....I just shook my head reading that

ledzeppelin229 05-13-2008 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 917633)

*EDIT*

You forgot one variable...that Vince is not subject to human limitations.

TheRealJoker 05-13-2008 12:39 PM

It was very interesting seeing Fat Albert lead the Tacks to the playoffs this past season.

MeLoveTexans 05-13-2008 01:24 PM

i asked a question but she sent me a private response telln me she would not post anything i asked b/c of my name... i was goin by f4rtb0i.. i couldnt think of anythin else to go with

Texan_Bill 05-13-2008 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans (Post 917833)
i asked a question but she sent me a private response telln me she would not post anything i asked b/c of my name... i was goin by f4rtb0i.. i couldnt think of anythin else to go with

Should have replied back to her and said she could use 'anomynous'. What was your question, anyway???

barrett 05-13-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 917619)
I agree she has improved alot. She will be an asset to us Texan fans once she is out from under the giant shadow of McClain.

you're probably thinking of anna megan who is a different person. she does all the segments with John McClain.