Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   ICOU not only dopers but dopes also (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49385)

Overalls 04-18-2008 02:50 PM

ICOU not only dopers but dopes also

Quote:

TITANS IMPLICATED IN POT PURCHASES
Posted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2008, 11:16 a.m.
Well, at least they’re not buying steroids.

Court records recently filed in connection with the case of a former Nashville police officer sentenced to prison indicate that multiple members of the Tennessee Titans purchased “high-dollar, hydroponically grown marijuana” from a local drug dealer, according to Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper.

Corey Cecil testified that he sold the pot to members of the team, and that some of them actually wired money into his mother’s account to pay for the drugs.

Cecil also admitted that he would “pinch out” seven grams per ounce sold to the players, and that the players didn’t know they were being shortchanged. (Um, they do now.)

Cecil was allegedly part of a scam with his uncle, former officer Ernest Cecil, where the uncle would stage phony drug busts during the transactions, the nephew would get away with the drugs and the money, and then the nephew would re-sell the drugs.

The disclosure, standing alone, isn’t enough for the NFL to act against any Titans players, especially since none of them are named. But it could be the starting point for an investigation, which could result in the league putting players into the substance abuse program. Though a positive test is the primary pathway into the program, behavior can place a player into the program as well.
Some times I feel blessed by the fact that the ICOU are so easy to mess with.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Texan_Bill 04-18-2008 03:32 PM

Re: ICOU not only dopers but dopes also

That explains LenWhale's weight issues...... :whip:

Blazing Arrow 04-18-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 895677)
That explains LenWhale's weight issues...... :whip:

Sorry if the word of a guy going to prison trying to bail himself out hold little to no weight. This was 03-05 so L-Dub could not have been involved.

So overalls I guess you are a pretty good judge of gram weight huh? You would know if a guy pinched off your bag? I guess with all of you experience .... :thinking:

Overalls 04-18-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 895822)
Sorry if the word of a guy going to prison trying to bail himself out hold little to no weight. This was 03-05 so L-Dub could not have been involved.

So overalls I guess you are a pretty good judge of gram weight huh? You would know if a guy pinched off your bag? I guess with all of you experience .... :thinking:

Back in the day, yes I would.

D-ReK 04-18-2008 07:53 PM

That's a pretty funny story, but nothing in the form of suspensions or anything else will ever amount from it as long as the players passed their drug tests.

BTW, what does ICOU stand for?

Overalls 04-18-2008 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-ReK (Post 895966)
That's a pretty funny story, but nothing in the form of suspensions or anything else will ever amount from it as long as the players passed their drug tests.

BTW, what does ICOU stand for?

According to Greek Mythology

A Titan is an Inbred Child Of Uranus

Blazing Arrow 04-18-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 895964)
Back in the day, yes I would.

Do you think Travis Henry would? I would almost put money on it that he was one of the guys if this story is true.

Overalls 04-18-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 896012)
Do you think Travis Henry would? I would almost put money on it that he was one of the guys if this story is true.

Truthfully I cared when I was a broke college student that looked like the picture you sometimes like to post. I don't think Travis Henry would really care if his oz was short a couple squares when he has enough money to get all he wants.

Blazing Arrow 04-18-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 896015)
Truthfully I cared when I was a broke college student that looked like the picture you sometimes like to post. I don't think Travis Henry would really care if his oz was short a couple squares when he has enough money to get all he wants.

True dat bra .... :cool:

ChildressTitanMan 04-19-2008 05:59 PM

I've often thought that Scwartz is stoned from his 2nd half adjustments