Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   D-Rob in PRO BOWL as a ROOKIE (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4883)

Beastlyman2003 12-06-2004 10:02 AM

D-Rob in PRO BOWL as a ROOKIE
 
I was just submitting my pro bowl ballot on NFL.com, and i got to the cornerback category. i just want yall to look at each stat and tell me that D-Rob should not be in the probowl.

Choose up to 3
AFC Cornerback Choose up to 3
NFC Cornerback

Player Team INT TAK PassesDefensed
AFC
D. Abraham NYJ 1 40 8
C. Bailey DEN 3 66 8
D. Barrett NYJ 2 60 10
G. Baxter BAL 0 65 10
P. Buchanon OAK 3 53 7
N. Clements BUF 3 61 9
J. David IND 3 33 7
S. Davis SD 1 37 10
A. Dyson TEN 5 33 12
A. Glenn HOU 4 51 8
N. Harper IND 3 63 7
A. Henry CLE 4 57 11
K. Herndon DEN 1 56 15
T. James CIN 7 47 10
Q. Jammer SD 0 38 7
T. Law NE 1 28 3
S. Madison MIA 0 33 5
R. Mathis JAC 2 46 13
C. McAlister BAL 1 35 7
D. McCleon KC 0 26 4
D. McCutcheon CLE 2 50 9
D. O'Neal CIN 3 35 12
T. Poole NE 1 12 3
D. Robinson HOU 5 65 17
S. Rolle TEN 1 28 7
C. Scott PIT 1 24 6
P. Surtain MIA 3 45 9
D. Townsend PIT 4 48 11
T. Vincent BUF 0 12 1
E. Warfield KC 4 42 9
D. Washington JAC 1 62 7
C. Woodson OAK 1 71 9
NFC[/b]
W. Allen NYG 1 59 14
A. Ambrose NO 3 25 9
J. Azumah CHI 4 30 6
R. Barber TB 2 67 9
D. Bly DET 4 28 11
S. Brown PHI 1 72 13
F. Bryant DET 0 51 9
J. Butler STL 4 61 14
A. Carroll GB 1 40 6
T. Fisher STL 1 16 2
L. Frazier DAL 1 15 4
C. Gamble CAR 3 57 9
A. Harris GB 1 51 16
B. Kelly TB 4 43 15
K. Lucas SEA 5 49 13
D. Macklin ARI 3 59 12
R. Manning CAR 2 46 4
K. Mathis ATL 2 56 7
T. Newman DAL 2 49 9
W. Peterson NYG 2 45 8
A. Plummer SF 0 22 7
L. Sheppard PHI 4 45 12
F. Smoot WAS 3 52 11
S. Spencer SF 0 45 4
S. Springs WAS 3 49 8
D. Starks ARI 2 38 8
F. Thomas NO 0 42 3
C. Tillman CHI 0 23 0
M. Trufant SEA 3 64 11
J. Webster ATL 1 39 10
B. Williams MIN 0 51 5
A. Winfield MIN 3 81 8

Now make a case that there is a corner in the the NFL that has earned his place in the probowl more than Dunta Robinson.

HJam72 12-06-2004 10:05 AM

T. James from Cincinatti with 7 interceptions. That's the only possibility I see for beating out Robinson.

Beastlyman2003 12-06-2004 10:11 AM

Yes but there are 3 cbs going. so shouldnt Dunta still get a spot?

HJam72 12-06-2004 10:15 AM

IMO, he should definitely be there.

georgewashington 12-06-2004 10:22 AM

just because he should go, does not mean that he will. This happens every year, and it will be especially hard for a rookie to make it in. People vote very biased for the probow, including for their home teams, for veterans with marque names, and for people that are showman. Dunta is having a great season, but i doubt he will be in hawaii

Wolf 12-06-2004 10:32 AM

GW is right.. Dante IS deserving and I hope he does go,but outside of Houston .. We don't get much press coverage so it will be tough.
But it would be great if he could go!

texasguy346 12-06-2004 10:52 AM

If I'm not mistaken the Pro Bowl voting is a mix of fans, coaches, and players voting. I'm not sure of what percentage each gets, but D. Rob could get into the Pro Bowl this year if he's impressed opposing coaches and players enough. I agree that he won't get many votes outside of Houston, but I'm sure all the coaches that decided to challenge Dunta instead of Glenn have a lasting memory of him picking off their QB. It is very tough for a rookie to make it to the Pro Bowl, but Bolden made it last year for the lowly Cardinals. We could potentially have three players make the Pro Bowl from the Texans: Sharper, AJ, and Robinson. Sharper and DRob have the toughest road to get in to the Pro Bowl though. You can pencil in Ray Lewis as the starting MLB already. Hopefully they all make it to Hawaii.

georgewashington 12-06-2004 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texasguy346
If I'm not mistaken the Pro Bowl voting is a mix of fans, coaches, and players voting. I'm not sure of what percentage each gets, but D. Rob could get into the Pro Bowl this year if he's impressed opposing coaches and players enough. I agree that he won't get many votes outside of Houston, but I'm sure all the coaches that decided to challenge Dunta instead of Glenn have a lasting memory of him picking off their QB. It is very tough for a rookie to make it to the Pro Bowl, but Bolden made it last year for the lowly Cardinals. We could potentially have three players make the Pro Bowl from the Texans: Sharper, AJ, and Robinson. Sharper and DRob have the toughest road to get in to the Pro Bowl though. You can pencil in Ray Lewis as the starting MLB already. Hopefully they all make it to Hawaii.

I believe each has an equal 1/3 of the vote. Bolden made it because he had ridiculous numbers and some amazing catches that were all over ESPN. Dunta wont have that advantage, his interceptions have not been the most spectacular plays so people wont notice as much. He may get some of the coaches and players noticing, but it is a tough road for him to Hawaii. I would say that in a year or two, he will be feared and recognized by all. I think aside from his INTs, what i think people will see is that he goes for hits like a safety. He can lay the wood.

Lucky 12-06-2004 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgewashington
Dunta wont have that advantage, his interceptions have not been the most spectacular plays so people wont notice as much. He may get some of the coaches and players noticing, but it is a tough road for him to Hawaii. I would say that in a year or two, he will be feared and recognized by all.

I agree. When the Texans start winning, Dunta will be in the Pro Bowl. Until then, Bailey, Law, & McAlister are your AFC Pro Bowl corners.

Youngstown Colt 12-06-2004 11:34 AM

champ, c. woodson, tory james, mccalister. they might not lead in those stats, but thats because they shut WRs down completely

TexansTrueFan 12-06-2004 11:37 AM

You must not have seen enough of D-Rob to know what US texans fans are talking about ! Yeah and i have seen Champ get completely blown out in games !

Youngstown Colt 12-06-2004 11:43 AM

im pretty sure indys recievers had their way with dunta as well. they had him pulling out the no respect card for how bad they burned him

infantrycak 12-06-2004 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
champ, c. woodson, tory james, mccalister. they might not lead in those stats, but thats because they shut WRs down completely

Champ has been far from a shut down CB this year, in fact he has gotten lit up several times this year.

El Tejano 12-06-2004 12:08 PM

Actually, I believe Robinson has ProBowl numbers. However, because he plays in Houston and because he is part of a team that gives up many TD passes and because he is a rookie, he will not make it.

Robinson could be viewed as one of those rookies that even though he exceeded his rookie season, he also must show that he can do it next year also before they give him a ProBowl nod.

Vinny 12-06-2004 12:12 PM

The Pro Bowl may be out of reach but he has a real shot at defensive rookie of the year. A good game against Peyton could really help him out.

TexansTrueFan 12-06-2004 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youngstown Colt
im pretty sure indys recievers had their way with dunta as well. they had him pulling out the no respect card for how bad they burned him


haha actually i dont think you watched the last game when we faced indy, because D-Rob didnt pull out no card, oh your thinking of chad johnnson :loser , LOL ok well he wasnt burned in that game by the way, infact we kept indy from having many BIG plays, but yall had a lot of plays so try to know what your talking about before you say it !

Doug 12-06-2004 12:28 PM

It's kind of hard to think that D Rob will make it to the pro bowl in his rookie season when the league leader in tackles last year, Jamie Sharper didn't even make it. Not to mention he's putting up big numbers again. Nothing would make me happier than to see D Rob and Jamie make it to Hawaii this year. Yet I don't see it happening due to the team that they play for.

Youngstown Colt 12-06-2004 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
haha actually i dont think you watched the last game when we faced indy, because D-Rob didnt pull out no card, oh your thinking of chad johnnson :loser , LOL ok well he wasnt burned in that game by the way, infact we kept indy from having many BIG plays, but yall had a lot of plays so try to know what your talking about before you say it !

well, he did pull out the "disrespect" card, you cant argue that.

TexansTrueFan 12-06-2004 12:48 PM

well he may have, but if a guy feels he our his team is beign disrespected than he's gonna say something. D-Rob plays with a lot of intensity and if he dont make the Pro Bowl its not because lack of talent, its cause our record ! He sure can put a hit on people though !

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 12-06-2004 01:19 PM

The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. Our defense stinks so that can't help Dunta's case. Plus, how often do you see #2 CBs in the pro bowl?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger