2005 Round 1 Mock (12/1/04)
Had some spare time. So I made a 05 mock. Enjoy.
1. San Francisco 49'ers: Aaron Rodgers, QB, California
2. Miami Dolphins: Matt Leinart, QB, USC
3. Washington Redskins: Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
4. Kansas City Chiefs: Antrel Rolle, CB, Miami (FL)
5. Cleveland Browns: Alex Barron, OT, Florida St.
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Mike Williams, WR, USC
7. Arizona Cardinals: Cadillac Williams, RB, Auburn
8. New Orleans Saints: Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas
9. Chicago Bears: Braylon Edwards, WR, Michigan
10. Tennessee Titans: Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
11. Carolina Panthers: D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT, Virginia
12. Dallas Cowboys: Erasmus James, DE, Wisconsin
13. Detroit Lions: Thomas Davis, S, Georgia
14. Oakland Raiders: Cedric Benson, RB, Texas
15. St. Louis Rams: Marlin Jackson, CB, Michigan
16. Dallas Cowboys (f/BUF): Ahmad Brooks, OLB, Virginia
17. Houston Texans: Marcus Spears, DE, L.S.U.
18. San Diego Chargers (f/NYG): Jammal Brown, OT, Oklahoma
19. Cincinnati Bengals: Travis Johnson, DT, Florida St.
20. Seattle Seahawks: Ronnie Brown, RB, Auburn
21. Jacksonville Jaguars: Pac-Man Jones, CB, West Virginia
22. Denver Broncos: Heath Miller, TE, Virginia
23. Green Bay Packers: Dan Cody, DE, Oklahoma
24. Minnesota Vikings: David Pollack, DE, Georgia
25. Baltimore Ravens: Mark Clayton, WR, Oklahoma
26. San Diego Chargers: Shaun Cody, DE, USC
27. New York Jets: Jonathan Scott, OT, Texas
28. Indianapolis Colts: Corey Webster, CB, L.S.U.
29. Atlanta Falcons: Michael Munoz, OT, Tennessee
30. New England Patriots: Justin Miller, CB, Clemson
31. Philadelphia Eagles: Channing Crowder, ILB, Florida
32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Anttaj Hawthorne, DT, Wisconsin
That looks like a good mock. :thumbup
I just don't think that Pac-Man is better than Corey Webster. Also Rod Wright seems way overrated to me. I don't even think he is the best DT that Texas has. Dibbles is better IMO.
:fib This, my friend, is a carbon copy of the previous Mock draft from www.nfldraftcountdown.com before they revised it today. :fib
1st off, only 7 players in the entire 1st round are the same in both mocks. And that is because they are no brainers. Like Heath to Denver. They love TE's there. And Rolle to KC, or Clayton to Baltimore. They just make sense.
2nd of all, these are the best 32 players in the draft at this time. So of course they are going to look similar. All the mock drafts are! What, was I supposed to put Mike Williams out of the first round?
I just think this is how the peices will fall, at this point. I could explain all 32 picks, but that is more time than I wish to spend on this.
And on Wright, well he is just a big motherfu$#!@, and can move well, while taking on 2 blockers. Very valuable, and very slim pickins this year on DT.
Dallas could really use both of those players (James and Brooks). But I can't see them passing on a CB in the first round if Rolle is the only CB off the board. They'd have to really look at Webster with one of those picks.
And Rod Wright is a much better DT than Dibbles (and that's saying quite a bit because Dibbles has blown up this season). Wright has battled an ankle injury all season long so he wasn't his usual dominating self. Many felt he was the best DT at Texas last year even with 1st rounder Marcus Tubbs on the roster.
But that mock is a helluvalot better than I could do.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger