Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Platinum & Blue Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Prayer Request (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46679)

TEXANS84 01-30-2008 09:38 PM

Prayer Request

I set a prayer request in the Religous forum, but since you guys are like family....

Please keep my father in your prayers. We learned tonight after his angiogram that 3 or 4 blockages exist around his heart, thus calling for a quadrupile bypass surgery.

He will be having this done either tomorrow or friday, whichever the cardiologist schedules it.

Thanks guys....rough times.

TD 01-30-2008 09:47 PM

Re: Prayer Request

You got it. I hope everything goes well.

BigWig 01-31-2008 08:52 AM

Sent from my family to yours!

Yankee_In_TX 01-31-2008 08:56 AM

Done, call us if we can do anything.

Texan_Bill 01-31-2008 09:07 AM

Done!!!!! Y'all let me know if you need anything.

DiapHer 01-31-2008 09:37 AM

Hang in there Dante' prayers coming your way from all over the country!!!

Specnatz 01-31-2008 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 (Post 835204)
I set a prayer request in the Religous forum, but since you guys are like family....

Please keep my father in your prayers. We learned tonight after his angiogram that 3 or 4 blockages exist around his heart, thus calling for a quadrupile bypass surgery.

He will be having this done either tomorrow or friday, whichever the cardiologist schedules it.

Thanks guys....rough times.

My thought and prayers are with him, you and the rest of your family.

Been through this and I know how you are feelin, I truly believe that medical technology of today will make this a lot easier and he will be fine. Just keep having faith Dante.

Joe Texan 01-31-2008 01:30 PM

Dante' Your prayers are floating the world like the wind.

Having a Dad that had the same problem I can Tell you that it is a hard but rewarding road. May the lord lift and guide you during these trying times.

TEXANS84 01-31-2008 01:45 PM

Well, met with the Cardiologist and heart surgeons and they are sending him in next week. They aren't classifying him as "high risk" but they are indicating that it's serious enough and needed within the week.

The docs are pretty good and assured us the procedure is fairly common with a great success rate. I guess technology has gotten so good that they now do not have to stop the heart they just slow it down with medicine.

So I appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers. I broke down and lost it last night. Feeling a little bit better today. Thanks guys.

badboy 01-31-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 (Post 835620)
Well, met with the Cardiologist and heart surgeons and they are sending him in next week. They aren't classifying him as "high risk" but they are indicating that it's serious enough and needed within the week.

The docs are pretty good and assured us the procedure is fairly common with a great success rate. I guess technology has gotten so good that they now do not have to stop the heart they just slow it down with medicine.

So I appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers. I broke down and lost it last night. Feeling a little bit better today. Thanks guys.

My friend, I want to focus attention on something else that may be of benefit. Your dad may be eligible for Social Security Disability benefits (monthly check & Medicare) and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI with monthly check and Medicaid insurance). As the Disability Unit Manager for our company, I over see hundreds of these type claims. Patients often are quick to say they will return to work within weeks or months only to find out that condition did not improve as they or doctors hoped. Then, an application is started losing thousands of dollars in the time that has passed. PM or I can be reached at toll free 888-488-4944 x55. I may be able to answer questions for the family. Steve Meloy

SheTexan 01-31-2008 02:39 PM

Dante, prayers are sent your way for your Dad to have a complete recovery. Yes, medicine has certainly improved over the years in treating heart disease, but, it does nothing for the emotional factor involved. Keep us posted.

Gma

Tedc 01-31-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 (Post 835620)

We are thinking of you, neighbor.

TEXANS84 02-05-2008 07:20 PM

I'll keep you guys posted tomorrow. Surgery starts at 7:30am.

Long day ahead.

Thanks for all your well wishes guys.

steelbtexan 02-05-2008 08:46 PM

Dante, our thoughts & prayers are with you. GOD BLESS

SheTexan 02-06-2008 08:18 AM

Thinking about you and your family this morning Dante. My prayers will be for your Dad to come out of surgery with a quick and successful recovery. Keep us updated OK??

Gma

Texan_Bill 02-06-2008 09:03 AM

Dude... We all have your Dad, your family and you - in our prayers..

TEXANS84 02-06-2008 10:22 AM

Thanks guys. Wireless at St. Lukes thankfully.

Just a waiting process now.

Specnatz 02-06-2008 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84 (Post 839238)
Thanks guys. Wireless at St. Lukes thankfully.

Just a waiting process now.

Keep up the good spirits man, I know it is tough and trying, but I believe in the effects of positive atmosphere.

You have a lot of people here for you.

Tedc 02-06-2008 12:40 PM

Gawd, I hate hopitals!!

I was thinking of you and your dad this morning.
I hope all goes well.

TEXANS84 02-06-2008 02:18 PM

So far so good guys. They ended up doing a quad bypass. Did not have to shock the heart back, everything working ok. Been a very long day so far. Thanks for the well wishes guys.