Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Nfle (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466)

texans 05-22-2004 12:26 PM

Nfle

who do you think we will send to NFLE next year. I was thinking that we might send holling if he dosent look real good in pre seson and maybe jason bell and charlie anderson and jammal lord. who do you think will send? :fight:

BuffSoldier 05-22-2004 09:03 PM

Probably Jamal Lord, maybe even Sloan Thomas or one of the 2 OLBs we got lat in this years draft.

LiveForTheGame 05-22-2004 09:12 PM

It's hard to tell what kind of talent we really have until the camps are over with and the team really starts practicing. It'll be a lot of fun to watch and see what happens.

Being a student at the same high school Sloan Thomas graduated from, I am prejudice into wanting him to earn a spot as one of the receivers behind Johnson, Bradford, and Gafney.

It'll be interesting to see how Jammal Lord does and where they use him, but I think he could end up being sent to the NFLE...but I think the important thing is just keeping the right guys here and putting them in the right spots.

Fiddy 05-22-2004 10:58 PM

Jamal Lord would be a perfect player to put on a NFLE team next year, he could learn his new position by actually playing.

J-Man 05-24-2004 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Jamal Lord would be a perfect player to put on a NFLE team next year, he could learn his new position by actually playing.

I'm with you on this one Fiddy...NFLE is a great triple A league for developmental guys like Lord.

I think that the DE/LBs we got in the draft might be a good fodder for the practice squad on the other hand. Hollings won't go since he is really the only backup that DD has. I suspect that Sloan Thomas will end up there as well...making the squad at WR is tough this year unless he has a really stand-out preseason.

Vinny 05-24-2004 05:06 PM

I doubt we ever see Hollings in NFL europe. That league is for marginal NFL talent.

SBTexans08 05-25-2004 11:33 AM

Sloan and Jammal, no doubt...

Nawzer 05-25-2004 01:29 PM

Jammal Lord and B.J. Symons.

El Tejano 05-28-2004 10:44 AM

I was thinking maybe some of those later round draft picks that we are converting from DE to OLB.

Vinny 05-28-2004 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano
I was thinking maybe some of those later round draft picks that we are converting from DE to OLB.

It wouldn't do a bit of good unless they run a 3-4.

Shotgun30 05-28-2004 12:12 PM

Hey while we are trying to figure out who we are sending to NFL Europe, lets also try to figure out who is going to win the Superbowl in 2025.....My vote is for the San Jose Kings..... :)

Nawzer 05-28-2004 04:22 PM

Quebec Rebels! Oh Yeah!

CoachJim 05-30-2004 02:05 PM

Texans in the Amsterdam Admirals vs Cologne Centurions matchup

Didn't see how it happened but Chris Taylor WR, an allocated Texan went down with a knee injury but came back to contribute a TD while another Texan lit up the Admirals in the 2nd half.

Clint Stoerner hit Chris Taylor from two yards to give the Admirals a 14-4 lead after earlier going down with a knee injury.

The Centurionsí first drive of the second half was halted when Ryan Van Dyke was intercepted but when Amsterdam had to punt away possession, Houston Texans wide receiver Albert Johnson ran the ball back 73 yards for a touchdown to reduce Amsterdamís lead to 14-11.

Link to the game summary

Scooter 05-30-2004 02:08 PM

isnt that johnson's second return for td this season? someone scored the first week of the season but i'm drawing a blank as to who.

Vinny 05-30-2004 02:53 PM

Todd Sievers is one of his last 7 kicks. :bag:

vtech9 05-30-2004 06:53 PM

Todd Sievers

Quote:

Originally Posted by __V__
Todd Sievers is one of his last 7 kicks. :bag:

Sievers made his only 2 fg attempts today...both over 40 yards

vtech9 05-30-2004 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scooter
isnt that johnson's second return for td this season? someone scored the first week of the season but i'm drawing a blank as to who.

Rober Freeman is the one that returned the opening kickoff for a td in the first game.
Chris Taylor had a nice game. He caught 4 passes for 61 yards and a td. From what I saw today, he has great hands. He didn't do anything on punt returns because Cologne had some pretty good coverage. Albert Johnson is a flier for the Cologne punt team, and they didn't give Taylor any room to run. As a WR for the Texans, I think Taylor could be a great posession reciever.

Vinny 06-01-2004 01:28 PM

Update on Texans in NFLe

Texans in NFL Europe
By Carter Toole
www.HoustonTexans.com

Cornerback Rober' Freeman and wide receivers Albert Johnson and Chris Taylor won't be playing in the World Bowl. But they're making every last minute of their 2004 NFL Europe season count.

Freeman scored on a 61-yard fumble return in Rhein's 20-14 overtime loss to Frankfurt, while Johnson returned a punt 73 yards for a touchdown in Cologne's loss to Amsterdam this weekend as NFL Europe wrapped up its penultimate week.

Berlin and Frankfurt had already clinched both World Bowl XII spots the previous week.

Freeman briefly gave the Fire a 14-7 lead when he picked up a fumble by Galaxy quarterback Kirk Farmer and scampered to the end zone for his second touchdown of the season. The other came on a kickoff return on the opening play of the season. Freeman finished with a season-high four tackles.

Johnson, who added a five-yard reception, scored midway through the third quarter to cut the Admirals' lead to 14-11. Cologne eventually took a one-point lead in the fourth quarter, but another Texan took over from there. Kicker Todd Sievers booted two field goals (41, 40) in the final 5:18 to give Amsterdam a 23-18 win.

Taylor continued his strong season for the Admirals, leading the team with four receptions for 61 yards, including a two-yard scoring grab. He leads Amsterdam through nine games with 37 catches for 486 yards (13.1 avg.) and four touchdowns.

In other action, Berlin topped Scotland 27-19 as linebacker Kevin Deronde posted five tackles.

The 2004 regular season concludes next weekend with Cologne at Scotland, Rhein at Amsterdam and a World Bowl "preview" when Frankfurt heads to Berlin.

Nawzer 06-01-2004 01:36 PM

Nice. Albert Johnson will give Vontez Duff and JJ Moses a run for their money.

vtech9 06-01-2004 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nawzer
Nice. Albert Johnson will give Vontez Duff and JJ Moses a run for their money.

I very seriously doubt if Albert Johnson even makes the team. Rober Freeman could possibly be the biggest challenge for JJ. Freeman is the starting corner for the Rhein Fire, and is also a return man. He returned the very 1st kickoff of the NFLE season for a TD before he got hurt, and then this weekend returned a fumble for 61 yards and a TD. Chris Taylor could also challenge JJ for a spot since he has proven in NFLE that he can be the go to receiver. Taylor also returs punts, although I have yet to see him get any blocking.
I have watched two of the Centurions games, but I couldn't tell if Elliot Silvers was any good. The Centurions O-line caved almost every time in more than one spot, and it was almost impossible to see who was doing good and who wasn't. To be honest, it looked like the whole O-line was uniformly bad.
From what I've seen so far, Freeman & Taylor are the only two that I think will be in the running for a roster spot. Of course it all comes down to how well they all perform in camp.