Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Road Game Tickets - GreenBay (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46190)

eric138 01-16-2008 07:50 AM

Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
I've never been to a road game so I wasn't sure how it works on getting tickets. Do the Texans or NFL provide Texan fans with an opportunity to buy tickets or do you have to buy them off ebay or some other ticket place?

We are really looking forward to this trip, who else is planning on going?

Drew_Smoke 01-16-2008 08:49 AM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
The Texans will have some package deals later on. Stay tuned.

texanfan2002114 01-16-2008 09:41 AM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric138 (Post 825054)
I've never been to a road game so I wasn't sure how it works on getting tickets. Do the Texans or NFL provide Texan fans with an opportunity to buy tickets or do you have to buy them off ebay or some other ticket place?

We are really looking forward to this trip, who else is planning on going?


Just like the post above me said, the Texans have a road package deal per person and that includes a ticket to the game and hotel and a ride to the game.

I have been on the green bay's fan site looking at this past year and seeing if people sold their tickets on their and from what I can gather is that the tickets are sold in front of the stadium in a location for scalpers or on ebay.

It seems most of the people there do not sell their tickets on their site like we have here on this site.

gwallaia 01-16-2008 10:41 AM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
I hope this game is in December. If I'm going to Lambeau, I want to see it frozen.

Texans_Chick 01-16-2008 11:07 AM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 825160)
I hope this game is in December. If I'm going to Lambeau, I want to see it frozen.

I would like to go to this game.

I am guessing it is not likely going to be a December game. Typically, like other teams that are in warm weather or have roofs, the Texans tend to have their home games weighted towards December. Lots of three home game Decembers.

Drew_Smoke 01-16-2008 01:15 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Aren't there travel agents that would put a group together? I bet someone up there is making money hooking up visiting fans.

It would be sweet to have a large group from here go together.

My wife wants to go on a cruise. I think she'll agree that a trip to the frozen tundra would be a great alternative. I am sure all of you gals would too, right??

TxDavid 01-16-2008 01:56 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roc Hoover (Post 825346)
My wife wants to go on a cruise. I think she'll agree that a trip to the frozen tundra would be a great alternative. I am sure all of you gals would too, right??

Let me know how you end up selling her on that! That advice will be very useful......:shades:

BigWig 01-16-2008 03:37 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
After watching the game vs the Seafish, I was saying the same thing.
I want to see a game in the snow! So when someon finds anything out about this trip, post it please!

FILO_girl 01-16-2008 04:44 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric138 (Post 825054)
I've never been to a road game so I wasn't sure how it works on getting tickets. Do the Texans or NFL provide Texan fans with an opportunity to buy tickets or do you have to buy them off ebay or some other ticket place?

We are really looking forward to this trip, who else is planning on going?

We are going, been planning on this one for a year. All I need is the date and I am pushing ahead on our plans. :cool:

Tedc 01-16-2008 05:27 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FILO_girl (Post 825578)
We are going, been planning on this one for a year. All I need is the date and I am pushing ahead on our plans. :cool:

Is Doc taking his blow up doll?

whiskeyrbl 01-16-2008 05:36 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Love to go to that game myself.

edo783 01-16-2008 05:59 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 825160)
I hope this game is in December. If I'm going to Lambeau, I want to see it frozen.

Carefull what you wish for. If you haven't been in that kind of cold before it can be a very rude awakining and painfull if it is sub-zero with wind.

aj. 01-16-2008 07:01 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
To add to that point, I was in that general area on January 12, 2007. On that day, I recall a temp of zero degrees F with a wind chill of minus 25. The last thing you want to do in those conditions is leave the house, much less drive to and sit outside at a football game. Plus, you can't buy the clothes down here that you can up there and if you try to kluge together some kind of Houston Academy or WalMart outfit to wear up there, the cold will rip you to the bone.

The best cold/snow games are like the one you saw where the temp is in the high 20's or right around 30 with little or no wind - and snowing.

Kaiser Toro 01-16-2008 07:25 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
I am planning on going to this game.

Joe Texan 01-16-2008 07:54 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

It seems most of the people there do not sell their tickets on their site like we have here on this site.

Most people in Green Bay go to the game with thier tickets, so there is not that many to sell, A lot of these tickets are 3rd and 4th generation.

hollywood_texan 01-16-2008 08:44 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
I'm going.

Texans Pride 01-16-2008 10:59 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Denise and I are in for sure. . .Steve, this is going to be a great trip brother!

Texans Pride 01-16-2008 11:00 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedc (Post 825598)
Is Doc taking his blow up doll?


Ha! I remember that in Seattle!

BigWig 01-17-2008 08:19 AM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj. (Post 825681)
To add to that point, I was in that general area on January 12, 2007. On that day, I recall a temp of zero degrees F with a wind chill of minus 25. The last thing you want to do in those conditions is leave the house, much less drive to and sit outside at a football game. Plus, you can't buy the clothes down here that you can up there and if you try to kluge together some kind of Houston Academy or WalMart outfit to wear up there, the cold will rip you to the bone.

The best cold/snow games are like the one you saw where the temp is in the high 20's or right around 30 with little or no wind - and snowing.

Dont forget I was in Russia in Jan to adopt my lil girl, and I have never been anywhere cold before, but got lots of tips and survived no problem. Its all about knowing what to wear for sure. Bring it on Im ready for the snow!

SheTexan 01-17-2008 05:03 PM

Re: Road Game Tickets - GreenBay
 
Been planning this one for a LONG LONG time!!! I will be there, regardless of the price and regardless of the cold. I agree with GW. I hope this game is in December, but, doubt it will be.

Can't wait for the schedule to come out.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger