Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45518)

Maddict5 12-22-2007 10:12 PM

Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

its gameday here so il start this thread for two reasons:

1. always wanted to start one! and il be away til tomorrow evening

2. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29425
love the preview of the game notably our unemotional coach (around 2:10) :user:

go texans! im quietly confident

edo783 12-22-2007 10:22 PM

Re: Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

Congrats on the thread starter thing! You can get the jump on us pretty easy. I'm with you, I think we will play well and have a better than 50/50 chance.

Maddict5 12-22-2007 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edo783 (Post 809801)
Congrats on the thread starter thing! You can get the jump on us pretty easy. I'm with you, I think we will play well and have a better than 50/50 chance.

i feel like i should be taking advantage of the only benefit of being +6 on ye more often :)

i think mario and okoye will both get sacks

dtran04 12-22-2007 11:18 PM

I'm thinking the Colts double/triple team Mario. This is the game Amobi needs to step up.

Thorn 12-23-2007 09:04 AM

I might miss the game today. I'll be in Lufkin for the holidays, and my Mom's satellite connection doesn't have all the local channels. Hopefully I get lucky but more than likely all I'll find is the stupid Cowgirls.

Andrew6 12-23-2007 09:17 AM

I'm at work thank god for gamecast.

Yankee_In_TX 12-23-2007 10:05 AM

As soon as we get out of church and tick off the entire family by bailing on the post-church Sunday family lunch.

It's going to be a war, but we should get to watch about 2/3 of the game.

Texans Pride 12-23-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 809860)
I might miss the game today. I'll be in Lufkin for the holidays, and my Mom's satellite connection doesn't have all the local channels. Hopefully I get lucky but more than likely all I'll find is the stupid Cowgirls.

I hear that brother! We are visiting Denise's parents in Victoria, Texas and they don't get locals here.....We'll be packing up the baby and heading to a BAR to watch the game!

Its crazy, I live in Denver and get to watch every game, but I come to Texas and might not get to see it!

Ryan, how is good ol' Greeley treating you two? We are sorry we misses you all again! Six more months and this won't be a problem!

TheRealJoker 12-23-2007 10:39 AM

Go Texans!!!

adam 12-23-2007 10:41 AM

This is moderately unrelated, but I met Kasey Studdard's cousin at work yesterday (I work at a Diamond Shamrock). She was pretty damned hot, but she was also a hardcore Cowboys fan. :(

Joe Texan 12-23-2007 10:45 AM

She will come around.

I should have given myself a trip to Indy for christmas

ITS GAME DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LETS GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

twelvegage 12-23-2007 11:28 AM

I'm in Iraq, but I think I'll actually get to see this game. It's been being advertised this week as a showdown between the Colts and "up and coming" Texans. I can't wait!

Yankee_In_TX 12-23-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans Pride (Post 809883)
Ryan, how is good ol' Greeley treating you two? We are sorry we misses you all again! Six more months and this won't be a problem!

Don't know! Straight from Denver airport into the car for 4 hours to western Nebraska. Head back to CO after the game :)

NitroGSXR 12-23-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 809889)
This is moderately unrelated, but I met Kasey Studdard's cousin at work yesterday (I work at a Diamond Shamrock). She was pretty damned hot, but she was also a hardcore Cowboys fan. :(

I didn't know they still had Diamond Shamrocks in Austin. I think the only one that I know of is the one right by my home off 71 before 183. Rough neighborhood. Was it that one?

Cowboys fan? Dayum! At least she's a loyal football fan and does not let family come between her and her teams. I can respect that.

adam 12-23-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroHonda (Post 809929)
I didn't know they still had Diamond Shamrocks in Austin. I think the only one that I know of is the one right by my home off 71 before 183. Rough neighborhood. Was it that one?

Well, it's technically not a Diamond Shamrock. Technically, it's a Valero...it just hasn't been remodeled yet. It's at Brodie and Slaughter, just down the street from Bowie High (southwest).

Maddict5 12-23-2007 12:14 PM

matt's inactive

euro-Texan 12-23-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twelvegage (Post 809916)
I'm in Iraq, but I think I'll actually get to see this game. It's been being advertised this week as a showdown between the Colts and "up and coming" Texans. I can't wait!

It's showing on AFN Sports. It's channel 1 here in Spain, but I have no idea what kind of AFN decoder you guys have there.

kiwitexansfan 12-23-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twelvegage (Post 809916)

You are a lucky individual, I am amazed at how good the coverage is in the Middle East.

BTW Keep safe and since I haven't seen you on here before, welcome aboard.

euro-Texan 12-23-2007 12:27 PM

This is great. ESPN had the matchup between the Texans and Colts on the screen, but opted to just do a christmas piece about the 12 days of coltsmas rather than even mentioning the match-up. Great Job ESPN!

brakos82 12-23-2007 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by euro-Texan (Post 809954)
This is great. ESPN had the matchup between the Texans and Colts on the screen, but opted to just do a christmas piece about the 12 days of coltsmas rather than even mentioning the match-up. Great Job ESPN!

http://www.thenflforums.com/forums/i...ilies/espn.gif