Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who is biscuit? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45008)

Yankee_In_TX 12-07-2007 02:01 PM

Who is biscuit?
 
Starting right guard Sunday.

Courtsey of the cheerleader weekly wrap up video.

Yankee_In_TX 12-07-2007 06:11 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
No, seriously, who is he?

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

Wow, Lindsay is getting good at this, lol.

Oh, Brisiel (not that I know who he is...)

Andrew6 12-07-2007 06:19 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 798228)
No, seriously, who is he?

http://www.houstontexans.com/index2.html

Wow, Lindsay is getting good at this, lol.

Oh, Brisiel (not that I know who he is...)



Lindsay may have found herself a starting job. Did the starter get hurt as all the Texans players have?

Yankee_In_TX 12-07-2007 06:24 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew6 (Post 798232)
Lindsay may have found herself a starting job. Did the starter get hurt as all the Texans players have?

Huh? She does the weekly wrap up every week :) Today she said someone they call "Biscuit" is starting at RG, I said "who?"

aj. 12-07-2007 06:27 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
To me, 'Biscuit' will always be Cornelius Bennett, not some scrub o-lineman on a bad team.

Lauren 12-07-2007 06:29 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 798228)

Wow, Lindsay is getting good at this, lol.

For reals. She should totally do newscasts!

Specnatz 12-07-2007 06:51 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj. (Post 798236)
To me, 'Biscuit' will always be Cornelius Bennett, not some scrub o-lineman on a bad team.

Dude what is your problem? The guys on the team call him that, if you do not want to fine then dont. But to blast into him and the team because of a freakin stupid nick name is lame. As far as scrub lineman, he is a young player you have no idea how his career will pan out so to call him a scrub is harsh.

Hell I knew a guy in high school we called biscuit, because he looked like a biscuit short of 300, he kinda did not like but that is how it goes at times. Are you going to tear into him for us giving him that nickname?

YellerLotYeller 12-07-2007 08:15 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
mmmmmmmmmm........biscuits.


signed,

Ron Dayne

Sideline 12-08-2007 05:54 AM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 798071)
Starting right guard Sunday.

Courtsey of the cheerleader weekly wrap up video.

She seems to be quite the natural at presenting. Never knew she presented this before.

Yankee_In_TX 12-08-2007 07:48 AM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideline (Post 798345)
She seems to be quite the natural at presenting. Never knew she presented this before.

Yup, every week :) Gets posted late Friday afternoon and summarizes injuries and new starters.

SheTexan 12-08-2007 08:35 AM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Welllllll!!!!!!!!!! If our new "BISCUIT" has the heart of the racehorse "Biscuit," we have a winner on our hands.

A great movie BTW!!:)

aj. 12-08-2007 09:42 AM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 798244)
Dude what is your problem?

I don't have one. Looks like you need to take something for yours though.

I hope 'Scrub' Biscuit does well on Sunday, because if he does it helps a bad team. Who knows, he may eventually turn into a legit NFL offensive lineman -- but I'm guessing he won't. We definitely need a long term solution for Weary given the length of time it will take him to recover.

I'm sure every HS and college football team in America has a 'Biscuit' - I imagine it's kind of a commom nickname. But when I hear that name in the context of an NFL discussion, I think of Cornelius Bennett. Kind of like when I hear the term LT, I don't think of one of my fantasy RBs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan
...our new "BISCUIT"

Our 'new' biscuit has been with the team for two years. If you recall, he's the guy that had the seizure on the sideline last year. His practice squad eligibility is done after this season so I'm sure Kubiak is giving him this opportunity now in order to see what he can do with live bullets flying vs. scout team. This may be his only/best opportunity. He wasn't able to beat out Chris White but that could be a Shermanism. He has some NFLE experience but that was with a team whose leading rusher was Tony Hollings. There's also the Colorado State pipeline in full effect with this player. I don't care where they're from or whether it's him or Studdard (or someone else) that emerges. We desperately need strong guard play next to Flanagan and hopefully a healthy McKinney replacing Flanagan next year along with a new C/G through the draft or FA.

SheTexan 12-08-2007 10:37 AM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj. (Post 798370)
Our 'new' biscuit has been with the team for two years. If you recall, he's the guy that had the seizure on the sideline last year. His practice squad eligibility is done after this season so I'm sure Kubiak is giving him this opportunity now in order to see what he can do with live bullets flying vs. scout team. This may be his only/best opportunity. He wasn't able to beat out Chris White but that could be a Shermanism. He has some NFLE experience but that was with a team whose leading rusher was Tony Hollings. There's also the Colorado State pipeline in full effect with this player. I don't care where they're from or whether it's him or Studdard (or someone else) that emerges. We desperately need strong guard play next to Flanagan.


I remember that now, Aj. This is the opportunity for all the "scrubs" to show what they can do. Suit um up, send um out there, and let's see what they can do. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, we'll find that "diamond in the rough." Either that, or just go ahead and send them to IR. We're good at that, if nothing else!!:texflag:

mexican_texan 12-08-2007 04:34 PM

Re: Who is biscuit?
 
Why isn't Studdard playing? Don't tell me he got hurt on the one play he was in.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger