Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   coaches loose another game for us (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4497)

geka 11-21-2004 11:56 PM

coaches loose another game for us

How these guys will still have a job in the morning blows my mind

Fiddy 11-21-2004 11:57 PM

4 of those runs were audibles by Carr, that is not on the coaches...

Reddevil63 11-21-2004 11:58 PM

Arent audibles (regardless of how bad they are) to get out of BAD plays???

And those audibles in the 4th quarter still dont explain what like 60 yards of offense in the 2nd half? Total meltdown and playing not to lose the lead yet again. We have some of the DUMBest coaches when it comes to football. And Im not one of those bandwagon FIRE HIM guys, I know a bad half of football when I see it.

Blake 11-21-2004 11:59 PM

Its execution. I dont care if you call an up the gut play, if you execute properly, you can get a ton of yards.

TexansTrueFan 11-22-2004 12:00 AM

yeah well the coaches give carr the audible play options, ok its not like he's manning and can just pick whatever play he wants, that audible was decided by the coach incase carr didnt like what he saw ! Our coaches suck, carr only threw the ball like 10 times in the second half !

TexanExile 11-22-2004 12:00 AM

The absolute worst rushing plays were AUDIBLES. The coaches are not at fault for that. Carr needs to show some guts and stick to the play, and/or Palmer needs to add some options that aren't 1-yard loss handoffs.

geka 11-22-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy

who sets up the audibles that Carr has to call?

thats right its the coaches fire them all

D-ReK 11-22-2004 12:01 AM

My guess is Carr audibled into runs because he saw that all of his receivers would be well covered, so he switched it to a run just so we get positive yardage...That is purely speculation, though...Either way, we were outcoached and when that happens, it's time for a change...

geka 11-22-2004 12:02 AM

Anyways the fact that DD is still playing by its self means coaches heads need to roll

phan1 11-22-2004 12:08 AM

...sigh... I'm just still in shock.....

One thing is for sure, we are a team based on the perofrmance of Carr. We don't have a 3&out defense. Our offense has to at least get good yards and win the battle of field position. If you look at some of our wins, we constantly pinned the opponent back on their side of the field and forced them to go the whole way of the field to score. We really fizzled out at the end offensively. Two straight 3&outs aren't going to win many games. Right now, Carr literally has to go out and win games for us, and that's a big problem. Someone needs to help him out here!

And yeah... Our running game sucks.

DomDavis 11-22-2004 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC_ROCK
Its execution. I dont care if you call an up the gut play, if you execute properly, you can get a ton of yards.

So why are coaches ever fired then?

Yes, it would be great if we could execute the plays. The problem is that our current personnel can't do that. We are simply not that good at run blocking and we do not have one starting quality running back on this roster right now. It is up to the coaches to recognize this, however, and play to the offense's strength (like in the Minnesota game) - throwing the football. And yes, Carr did make some horrible audibles, but Capers should be screaming at him on the bench after he does it.

In an ideal world, you'd have a 50/50 run/pass ratio to keep teams off balance. The reality, however, is that this team can't be effective doing that. The great coaches know how to shift the gameplan to suit the strengths of their offense, even if it makes things a little unorthodox. Unfortunately, this staff has shown no ability to tailor a gameplan to our personnel. It's all very generic. It's certainly not the worst coaching job of the league, but there have been enough mistakes this year to ponder making a couple of changes, particularly on offense.

TexansTrueFan 11-22-2004 12:10 AM

and oh lord dont try to take johnnson long even ONCE, instead run it up the gut the whole second half with an ineffective running game !

JDizzle 11-22-2004 12:18 AM

What really got me is the route AJ was running on a critical 3rd and 5 play late in the game. Why in the world would you run your star receiver on a route 3 yards shy of a first down in that situation? As for the playcalling, I don't know enough about it to comment on it, but it looks to me like defenses are having a real easy time figuring us out lately. Two questions came to mind after the game : Why isn't Derrick Armstrong starting? When will Tony Hollings start? Armstrong has made a solid case for himself as a #3 guy, and I think it's time Hollings start de-greening himself as a running back.

TexansTrueFan 11-22-2004 12:19 AM

hollings would of been in there but it seemes he is less durible than davis is , he's always hurt !

Hervoyel 11-22-2004 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy

Aren't the audibles given to Carr by the coaches? Aren't they a subset of plays that he is allowed to audible to? And finally have the Houston Texans ever in their short history audibled to anything other than a vanilla run to the left or (mixing things up to keep the defense honest) the right?

I'm trying very hard to recall a single time I've seen the Texans audible to a pass. Just because I can't remember it doesn't mean it doesn't happen of course but the fact that I can't remember it tells me that it doesn't happen often enough. I've watched all three seasons more times than I can count and audibles to a pass just don't come to me. If I know that an audible has a 99% chance of being a run between the tackles you can bet that defensive coordinators around the league have worked that out as well.

TexansTrueFan 11-22-2004 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Aren't the audibles given to Carr by the coaches? Aren't they a subset of plays that he is allowed to audible to? And finally have the Houston Texans ever in their short history audibled to anything other than a vanilla run to the left or (mixing things up to keep the defense honest) the right?

I'm trying very hard to recall a single time I've seen the Texans audible to a pass. Just because I can't remember it doesn't mean it doesn't happen of course but the fact that I can't remember it tells me that it doesn't happen often enough. I've watched all three seasons more times than I can count and audibles to a pass just don't come to me. If I know that an audible has a 99% chance of being a run between the tackles you can bet that defensive coordinators around the league have worked that out as well.

thank you thats what i've been trying to tell people,,,the coaches give carr options, unlike manning where he can change it into a hail marry if he wants,,,the runs carr audibled into were chosen by the coaches ! So coaches fault again !

Rightnow 11-22-2004 12:31 AM

I have been quiet about the coaches this year, but clearly there is a problem. FOUR end-arounds! FOUR! What kind of high school play calling is this!

If we don't win six games, this whole organization needs a look. We HAVE to get better this year or heads should roll.

Ibar_Harry 11-22-2004 03:44 AM

Vinny, very simply no comment. They have all said it better than me!!!! Good Night!

Vinny 11-22-2004 03:46 AM

Why bring me into this? You guys can point fingers till you are blue in the face if you want. Just leave me out of it.

Ibar_Harry 11-22-2004 03:56 AM

Actually, I'm amazed by your silence. I think this was a hard game for everyone to take. I think this was a back breaker and I think the rest of the season will be down hill. A lot of people gave their best, particularly on defense, but it simply wasn't enough. I think the coaching staff will find it hard to motivate this team from this point on. Farve had a lot of time and Carr did not. Its the same old story. If this is the best the O-line can do, then I don't know what we can do next year. I don't think you can get a new O-line in one year and we will only have the normal amount of draft picks next year. I think we have a real problem trying to change personnel. I really would like to hear your thoughts, because either our personnel are really bad or the coaches are. May be its somewhere in between. But something has to change to make this a better ball club.