Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Buccaneers (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44855)

crunkbuc4d1 12-02-2007 08:49 PM

Buccaneers @ Texans

Hi Texans fans, I hope our teams can give us one heck of a game next week. How bad is Shaub's injury? I don't know much about your team but I wouldn't mind learning about the talent level on the Texans roster. I'm not sure about the rules here so will someone tell me the rules on posting the link of a fan board from an upcoming opponent?

TheIronDuke 12-02-2007 08:52 PM

Re: Buccaneers

I'm sure you can post the link to a rival message board.

As for Schaub, he probably won't play against y'all and I would expect that we'll lose to the Bucs.

How's Gaines Adams doing? Has he done anything this year at all?

Grid 12-02-2007 08:58 PM

We are racked by injuries to key players. Schaub is out with a dislocated shoulder, doubtful he will return for your game.. and likely he wont play again this year.

As for talent level.. our defense has talent but not coaching. We arent bad on defense but we arent good either. We have bursts of greatness and long stretches of mediocrity interspersed with mistakes.

On offense we are pretty good with our elite set of WRs and star TE Owen Daniels. Sage Rosenfels has played really well for us so I dont expect the loss of Schaub to be a game breaking thing. Doesnt help us..but we still have plenty of fight left.

Ahman Green is probably not going to be playing.. so at RB we will be starting Ron Dayne again. He has been good the last couple of games.. and he CAN help us to win a game.. but only if we get a lead on you. Dayne isnt gonna win us the game by scoring points.

All in all.. we are fairly mediocre.. injuries may have actually caused us to slip below mediocre to sub-par.

I dont EXPECT a loss..but I dont expect a win either.. I think it could go either way, depending on whether or not my Texans really want to finish at or above .500.

austintexanite 12-02-2007 09:03 PM

I'm interested to see your defense, hear you guys got a good safety. Our defense is young and talented, but inconsistent...injuries have killed this team. Schaub won't play against you guys, and has a shot at coming back against the Jags, but I doubt he will. Rosenfels (backup) has played decent, and it should be a fun game to watch. However, since I live in Austin, I doubt I'll get the game unless they change the Cowboys to a different time.

bah007 12-02-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandwagon (Post 794833)
I'm sure you can post the link to a rival message board.

As for Schaub, he probably won't play against y'all and I would expect that we'll lose to the Bucs.

How's Gaines Adams doing? Has he done anything this year at all?

He has 27 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 FF, & 2 PD.

adam 12-02-2007 09:07 PM

In my opinion, this is the only game left in the season that I think we have a good shot at winning. I sincerely hope we show up to play.

crunkbuc4d1 12-02-2007 09:09 PM

Gaines went through a transformation of sorts. When Spires went down he was elevated to starter. The Bucs are 4-0 since he became the starter. As good as he is, he's not the Texans' biggest problem at defensive end. Greg White is a guy Gruden found in the AFL and he leads our team in sacks and forced fumbles. He has 4 sacks and 4 forced fumbles in the last three games. When White and Gaines are on the ends, they are a matchup nightmare.

I write over at The Captains's Deck. We are a nice group of fans that love our Buccaneers. I hope some fans from your board will join us this week and we will return the favor. Maybe we can help each other with some preview articles leading up to the game.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/

I hope that I can post this link. I'll take it back out if there's a problem.

crunkbuc4d1 12-02-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austintexanite (Post 794844)
I'm interested to see your defense, hear you guys got a good safety.

Which one are you talking about? We have a safety duo that statistically rivals those of every other team in the NFL. If you ask Bucs fans, we'll tell you that they are top 3 in the NFL.

creekchub00 12-03-2007 11:53 AM

Phillips and Jackson (Rookie) have each played VERY well this season, I think the play of Ruud and P-Buc plays a role in how the Safeties play....
Jermaine Phillips really came into his own this year, and if this rookie season for Jackson is just a preview of what is to come, our Safeties could be set for years.
Hope to see y'all make it by http://thecaptainsdeck.net

Hook'er 12-03-2007 02:41 PM

McCown looked pretty good yesterday, he's more moble that I thought.

Hook'er 12-03-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creekchub00 (Post 795187)
Phillips and Jackson (Rookie) have each played VERY well this season, I think the play of Ruud and P-Buc plays a role in how the Safeties play....
Jermaine Phillips really came into his own this year, and if this rookie season for Jackson is just a preview of what is to come, our Safeties could be set for years.
Hope to see y'all make it by http://thecaptainsdeck.net

Hows P-Burnt looking so far?

austintexanite 12-03-2007 04:02 PM

I heard both Safeties were having good years, and P-Buc will get burned this weekend. Ruud seems to be developing into a good football player, but hopefully he'll be off this week.

beerlover 12-03-2007 05:04 PM

I like Gruden & Tampa Bay, but after our devastating loses I'm ready for the offseason its just too painful :gun:

gwallaia 12-03-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 794855)
In my opinion, this is the only game left in the season that I think we have a good shot at winning. I sincerely hope we show up to play.

I think we have a shot against the 5-7 Broncos and I don't care how good the Jags are, I think we beat them as well.

crunkbuc4d1 12-03-2007 05:46 PM

P-Buc has played really well for the Bucs this season. I think it's because of the 2 deep zone covrage that's run in Tampa. It could also be because of our pass rush. Whatever it is, he has performed well for our team. I'll admit that there have been a couple times this season where he has been beaten, but that doesn't happen very often. I know he wasn't very good for the Texans, but he's fitting in just fine with the Buccaneers.

Insideop 12-03-2007 05:48 PM

Re: Buccaneers @ Texans

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 (Post 794827)
Hi Texans fans, I hope our teams can give us one heck of a game next week. How bad is Shaub's injury? I don't know much about your team but I wouldn't mind learning about the talent level on the Texans roster. I'm not sure about the rules here so will someone tell me the rules on posting the link of a fan board from an upcoming opponent?

Not much to tell. Your team will be playing mostly our 2nd/3rd stringers because most of our 1st team is on IR or just out with injuries. We'll see if there's much fight :wild: left in the dog. I'm hoping they make a game of it.

crunkbuc4d1 12-03-2007 05:56 PM

Re: Buccaneers @ Texans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insideop (Post 795498)
Not much to tell. Your team will be playing mostly our 2nd/3rd stringers because most of our 1st team is on IR or just out with injuries. We'll see if there's much fight :wild: left in the dog. I'm hoping they make a game of it.

You guys will be playing our 2nd and 3rd stringers as well. I know the Texans have more IR players, but the Bucs are really close behind. After today you guys have 16, right? Well we have 12, but I think our overall depth coming into the season was probably better than the Texans.

TexansLucky13 12-03-2007 06:10 PM

The key, as usual, will be turnovers.... and we are the worst at that. If they stop putting the ball on the ground maybe we can win another game.

Anyways, good job beating the Saints last week, even though Reggie gave you guys an early Christmas present there late in the game. You understand why we passed on him now, don't you? In the meantime, Mario got 2.5 sacks against the Tacks.

adam 12-03-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 795477)
I think we have a shot against the 5-7 Broncos and I don't care how good the Jags are, I think we beat them as well.

The Broncos? Kubiak's ex-team? There isn't a doubt in my mind that Shanahan will have his way with his ex-OC. Hell, we run a very similar system...just not as well. The Bronco's are better than their record. I would almost say that we are worse. We're 4-8 right now if it hadn't been for Kris Brown heroics against the Dolphins. A Dolphins team who had to thrust in Cleo Lemon as a result of an injury.

As for Jacksonville, they are just a better team than we are. There is no reason to expect different results this next time around. Especially given allof the injuries we have accumulated since that game.

run-david-run 12-03-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 795508)
The Broncos? Kubiak's ex-team? There isn't a doubt in my mind that Shanahan will have his way with his ex-OC. Hell, we run a very similar system...just not as well. The Bronco's are better than their record. I would almost say that we are worse. We're 4-8 right now if it hadn't been for Kris Brown heroics against the Dolphins. A Dolphins team who had to thrust in Cleo Lemon as a result of an injury.

As for Jacksonville, they are just a better team than we are. There is no reason to expect different results this next time around. Especially given allof the injuries we have accumulated since that game.

And we're 6-6 if Kerry Collins didn't have a Bret Favre personality crisis (or if Drob was 2 inches taller...). Close games happen, its the NFL, generally the better team wins out, and thats probably what happended in both of those examples.