Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44846)

gwallaia 12-02-2007 07:18 PM

Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
... for his toss fumble that ultimately allowed Tampa Bay to beat them. Looking forward to the spin.

Mr PC 12-02-2007 07:21 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Reggie threw away the Saints season with that play. If they had beat the Bucs the Saints would have been in position to make a playoff run. Now they are done. Good job Reggie, way to ruin the entire season for your team.

TheIronDuke 12-02-2007 07:21 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
I didn't see that. Was it anything like that god awful lateral attempt in the Rose Bowl when he was getting tackled?

gwallaia 12-02-2007 07:25 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandwagon (Post 794740)
I didn't see that. Was it anything like that god awful lateral attempt in the Rose Bowl when he was getting tackled?

For some reason, the Saints called a reverse with a 23-20 lead and less than 3 minutes in the game. Bush gets the hand-off and makes a terrible toss to the receiver coming the other direction. Bucs fall on the ball and score a few plays later.

TheIronDuke 12-02-2007 07:29 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Looking at his stats, he had a really great game.

13 carries for 52 yards 4 YPC.
3 catches for 13 yards with his longest catch being 13 yards.
No TD's.

Helluva showing for RB.

And what an idiotic call to make when you're winning.

austintexanite 12-02-2007 07:30 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Sux for them.

Wolf 12-02-2007 07:32 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandwagon (Post 794744)
Looking at his stats, he had a really great game.

13 carries for 52 yards 4 YPC.
3 catches for 13 yards with his longest catch being 13 yards.
No TD's.

Helluva showing for RB.

And what an idiotic call to make when you're winning.

yeah, i guess he had 2 fumbles w/one lost

on yahoo. shows a fumble while running and one while receiving (saints had 3 for the game and lost 1)

nunusguy 12-02-2007 07:38 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Little Reggie actually had a good game. For him.
He averaged 4.0 yards per carry ! That will be the headline on ESPNs highlights ! They won't mention that his total rushing yards were only 52,
and total "all purpose" yards were only 65.
BTW, some undrafted guy from Florida playing for the Bucs was the games leading rusher with 106 yards, for an average of 4.8 per carry. Not to worry though, he ain't nearly as pretty as Little Reggie.
Honestly, the thing I can't understand about Bush is that he can't bust a long run from scrimmage ? I mean I think Ron Dayne has had several longer runs from scrimmage this year alone that are longer than any single rush Bush has had in 2 years ? What's that about ? With his speed you'd think that sooner or later he makes a big play after getting a handoff ? Dang, just the law of averages.

Wolf 12-02-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
fox had Terry mention the saints game.
was real quick

showed the fumble and all was said was, "not sure why they needed to go with a double reverse"

Maddict5 12-02-2007 08:12 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
the only bigger goat than reggie on that was payton... sereves that arrogant ******* right

bah007 12-02-2007 08:47 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nunusguy (Post 794750)
Little Reggie actually had a good game. For him.
He averaged 4.0 yards per carry ! That will be the headline on ESPNs highlights ! They won't mention that his total rushing yards were only 52,
and total "all purpose" yards were only 65.
BTW, some undrafted guy from Florida playing for the Bucs was the games leading rusher with 106 yards, for an average of 4.8 per carry. Not to worry though, he ain't nearly as pretty as Little Reggie.
Honestly, the thing I can't understand about Bush is that he can't bust a long run from scrimmage ? I mean I think Ron Dayne has had several longer runs from scrimmage this year alone that are longer than any single rush Bush has had in 2 years ? What's that about ? With his speed you'd think that sooner or later he makes a big play after getting a handoff ? Dang, just the law of averages.

Reggie is so valuable that it only took him 25 games to gain 1000 rushing yards.

And in only Mario's 2nd season, he has broken the franchise record for sacks in a season.

Let's see ESPN spin that.

kastofsna 12-02-2007 09:19 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
yeah was watching that game in a sports bar here in Tampa. lots of folks were very happy the Saints selected Mr. Bush today.

Maddict5 12-02-2007 09:19 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandwagon (Post 794744)
Looking at his stats, he had a really great game.

13 carries for 52 yards 4 YPC.
3 catches for 13 yards with his longest catch being 13 yards.
No TD's.

Helluva showing for RB.

And what an idiotic call to make when you're winning.



i see 13 car, 64 yds.. 4.9 ypc - just saying

adam 12-02-2007 09:46 PM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
I'm sure ESPN will find a way to blame the blown reverse on Mario Williams and make some sort of argument as to why the Texans should have picked up Reggie Bust.

HOU-TEX 12-03-2007 11:40 AM

Re: Reggie Bush will be on the highlight reel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gwallaia (Post 794738)
... for his toss fumble that ultimately allowed Tampa Bay to beat them. Looking forward to the spin.

It almost looked like he made the toss late on purpose. No, I'm not saying it was, I'm just saying it appeared odd. :specnatz:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger