Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44808)

gary 11-30-2007 04:10 PM

Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Are we?

Marcus 11-30-2007 04:13 PM

Re: Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Statistically . . no.

Realistically . . yes.

whiskeyrbl 11-30-2007 04:14 PM

Mathematically we can still make it but we have to win out, SD has to win their division and Cleveland has to lose three games.

gary 11-30-2007 04:18 PM

It's going to take alot.

YellerLotYeller 11-30-2007 04:21 PM

The Browns game sealed our fate.....

Second Honeymoon 11-30-2007 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl (Post 793002)
Mathematically we can still make it but we have to win out, SD has to win their division and Cleveland has to lose three games.

well put. that is basically what needs to happen. I think the Jags would have to lose 4 of 5 if we went undefeated the remaining 5 games. Sadly, there is a better chance that Cleveland will lose 3 more games than us winning our remaining 5. :(

last week was our chance to be relevant and they blew it. They competed but they came out flat and Winslow was playing on a whole other level last Sunday. That kid has made some mistakes but he plays hard on every play and has some of the best hands and body control of any TE in the HISTORY of the game. His love for the game and for competition is CLEARLY evident any time you see him play too. If he doesnt make All Pro this year, there is something wrong with the AP. He is just impossible for defenses to stop and now that he is healthy the Cleveland offense has come around after years of ineptitude. Braylon aint no slouch either. He is another guy that has a visible love for the game and his craft. You can tell they both do the work in the offseason to improve their games and their athleticism. That is a helluva 1-2 punch in the passing game. I put Edwards with AJ and Roy Williams in that 2nd Tier of elite WR. Not quite Moss, Owens, Smith, Harrison but close.

I wasn't surprised we lost due to the fact that we only sent 4 after Anderson pretty much the whole game...well there was that play we actually got a sack....and they blitzed.....who'd of thunk it.

WWJD 11-30-2007 04:30 PM

I don't think this year they'll make the playoffs.

Hardcore Texan 11-30-2007 04:42 PM

All questions should be this easy, of course we are, no way we make it.....we just don't have the depth. But we can still go 8-8. We will be much improved next year, another draft, more FA's, get healthy, and we had some young guys like Bennet step up this year. :texflag:

rmartin65 11-30-2007 04:43 PM

Dang, I misread the question. I say yes now.

gary 11-30-2007 04:59 PM

I say yes.

Double Barrel 11-30-2007 05:08 PM

Wish I could say otherwise, but if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all!

Playoffs are possible, but highly improbable. I'm starting to feel the same way about .500 this year, too.

nunusguy 11-30-2007 05:26 PM

Not A Problem - all we need to do is win the rest of our games.

Runner 11-30-2007 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 793040)
I'm starting to feel the same way about .500 this year, too.

I think that's the better question. I don't think they'll make it, looking at the upcoming schedule. If they are going to, they have to get that killer instinct very quickly. They'll have to take the games aggressively, as Cleveland did to them last week. The attitude difference between the two teams in that contest seemed in stark contrast to me.

Therefore - no shot at play-offs, except in a mathematical, self-gratification mind game sort of way.

76Texan 11-30-2007 05:32 PM

If we don't take care of the football, it will take a miracle, not just luck! :wild:

texdawg 11-30-2007 05:38 PM

Sorry guys, looking at your schedule I say no way. You guys have one of the toughest schedules out there.

I've been trolling your site for a while. I was born and raised a Browns fan in Ohio. I've been to many Oilers/Browns games in Houston. I'm not some young punk looking to start anything. Been living in Tex for 30+yrs.

I just can not get behind the Texans. Remind me too much of the futile Browns of the last few years. Poor management-draft choices. ect. One thing I do respect is the passion you guys/gals have for football.

I will be here for a while. I will not crap on your parade, but only talk football and try to add to some discussions and hopefully laugh at a joke or two.

gary 11-30-2007 05:38 PM

Agree.

76Texan 11-30-2007 05:43 PM

But I've seen teams backing into the play-offs before! :specnatz: :specnatz:

gary 11-30-2007 05:50 PM

:texflag: :texflag: :texflag:

TEXANS84 11-30-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texdawg (Post 793068)
Sorry guys, looking at your schedule I say no way. You guys have one of the toughest schedules out there.

I've been trolling your site for a while. I was born and raised a Browns fan in Ohio. I've been to many Oilers/Browns games in Houston. I'm not some young punk looking to start anything. Been living in Tex for 30+yrs.

I just can not get behind the Texans. Remind me too much of the futile Browns of the last few years. Poor management-draft choices. ect. One thing I do respect is the passion you guys/gals have for football.

I will be here for a while. I will not crap on your parade, but only talk football and try to add to some discussions and hopefully laugh at a joke or two.

Well, take it for what it is...but if the Browns do make it...there will be alot of people cheering for the underdog, myself included.

Specnatz 11-30-2007 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texdawg (Post 793068)

What more can a person ask. Very well said and your welcome to laugh at anything we got going on.