Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Guess What? (Ahman Green will be inactive for Titans) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44805)

MightyTExan 11-30-2007 04:01 PM

Guess What? (Ahman Green will be inactive for Titans)

Texans running back Ahman Green will be inactive for Sunday’s game :texflag:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5342256.html

YellerLotYeller 11-30-2007 04:06 PM

Re: Guess What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyTExan (Post 792954)
Texans running back Ahman Green will be inactive for Sunday’s game :texflag:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5342256.html

Shocking!!

frequentfliertx 11-30-2007 04:07 PM

They might as well change that to: Ahman Green will be inactive this season! LOL

Texans_Chick 11-30-2007 04:15 PM

Monkey butt.

Isn't that what you are supposed to say when someone says "Guess what?"

Honoring Earl 34 11-30-2007 04:40 PM

Green is not going to play ... I know the Titans spent all week preparing for him .

Marcus 11-30-2007 04:49 PM

What the hell is going on here?

Is it a bone on bone condition like DD/DW, where it swells up any time he runs on it?

frequentfliertx 11-30-2007 04:56 PM

Oh,no, it's not like that at all. It only happens whenever he thinks about playing football! LOL

P.S. As per Texans Chick request: Monkey Butt!

HoustonFrog 11-30-2007 05:08 PM

Last night Wexler was peeved saying that Kubes keeps saying he doesn't need to practice because he is a vet but then will run him out midweek to run on it and wait the next day to see if it swells. I don't get it either. Just try and rest and play him and see how it reacts in the game or don't do anything.

Yankee_In_TX 11-30-2007 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 792982)

Is it a bone on bone condition like DD/DW, where it swells up any time he runs on it?

I don't know about bone on bone, but I've heard or seen or read that's it is chronic, and he would have to have a shot before every game and play with pain. So IMO it's another DD situation.

dalemurphy 11-30-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 792982)

I'm sure it is something arthritic. There really isn't another expanation for why he couldn't play after having a month off. Since nothing is torn, I'm sure it's simply a lack of cartilidge from the years of abuse.

prostock101 11-30-2007 05:34 PM

Here's a prediction. Sounds like this is a chronic condition and surgery most likely won't be a permanent fix. He goes on IR for the rest of the year and then the Texans reach a settlement on the balance of his contract.

Isn't Michael Turner an unrestricted free agent next year?

Rex King 11-30-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonFrog (Post 792994)
Last night Wexler was peeved saying that Kubes keeps saying he doesn't need to practice because he is a vet but then will run him out midweek to run on it and wait the next day to see if it swells. I don't get it either. Just try and rest and play him and see how it reacts in the game or don't do anything.

But then he'd be a waste of an active roster spot. Him playing has been a game of diminishing returns - hasn't finished a game all year. They've been keeping out Studdard because of the RB situation already. I think they just need to IR him and be done with it.

tulexan 11-30-2007 06:15 PM

I can't wait till we have a reliable running game that other teams fear.

Maddict5 11-30-2007 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tulexan (Post 793050)
I can't wait till we have a reliable running game that other teams fear.

dont hold your breath... id be happy with a running game that other teams just respect

HoustonFrog 11-30-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rex King (Post 793030)
But then he'd be a waste of an active roster spot. Him playing has been a game of diminishing returns - hasn't finished a game all year. They've been keeping out Studdard because of the RB situation already. I think they just need to IR him and be done with it.

Well if he can play 2 quarters and you get ssomething out of him followed by Dayne it is better than running him midweek to have it well up. That was their point at least.

texdawg 11-30-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddict5 (Post 793057)
dont hold your breath... id be happy with a running game that other teams just respect

I guarantee you that the Browns were glad you guys chose not to run.

Specnatz 11-30-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texdawg (Post 793078)
I guarantee you that the Browns were glad you guys chose not to run.

We can't figure that one out ourselves.

76Texan 11-30-2007 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 793090)
We can't figure that one out ourselves.

At 11:45 A.M. (or whatever the time was) on Friday, we ran those certain plays in practice and they didn't work too well, so we decided to abandon the run at 2:00 P.M. (or whatever the time was) on Sunday. :)

axman40 11-30-2007 07:14 PM

This just in Spain's Francisco Franco still Dead!
:pirate:

adam 11-30-2007 07:17 PM

Imagine that.

There was a time in which I would be pretty down about this. As of now, Dayne ultimately produces more than Green. Even when Green does see the field, his Avg.YPC aren't much better than Dayne's.