Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   "Well now we have to think.." (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44655)

Imatexanfan 11-25-2007 03:43 PM

"Well now we have to think.."

but how can Okoye and Mario let Lewis get over 125 yards rushing the guys like 60 years old. With OD and the fumble, the refs not calling that Anderson crossed over the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball that time, to STILL calling sweep plays to Dayne which looks so stupid when he has no speed at all...look hes a POWER BACK run him up the mid thats it nothing more. here how we look so far the contenders, from weakest to strongest relative to the Texans:

Kansas City - 1 game behind Texans, Texans have head-to-head tie-break
Baltimore - 1 game behind Texans, terrible conference record.
Denver - 1/2 game behind Texans, will play in Houston(good game).
Cleveland - 1 game ahead of Texans, will play in Cleveland(we just lost).
Buffalo - tied with Texans; we can't do anything about these guys, we just need them to lose (preferably to Jville this week, though)
Tennessee - 1.5 games ahead of Texans,will play in Tennessee.
San Diego - We want these guys to STOP losing. They have a tiebreak on us!
Jacksonville - 2 games ahead of Texans, will play in Houston(we gotta chance here).

(Indy, Pit and New England assumed to win divisions)

We have to get on top of either Tennessee or Jacksonville, period. If we do that, Buffalo comes down to earth and SD wins the AFC West, we'll be in. Everything else is in our control.:texflag:

houstonhurricane 11-25-2007 04:07 PM

Re: "Well now we have to think.."

Cleveland is two games ahead of us with a tie-breaker advantage.

GuerillaBlack 11-25-2007 04:08 PM

^^For real. I don't see playoffs this year.

Imatexanfan 11-25-2007 04:11 PM

well yea know 2 games.:whip:

adam 11-25-2007 04:33 PM

Playing football like we did today, we'll be lucky to go .500. Our schedule isn't getting any easier.

dalemurphy 11-25-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 789593)
Playing football like we did today, we'll be lucky to go .500. Our schedule isn't getting any easier.

Our QB played poorly today and it appears they have a very good OL- they beat us pretty badly.. I thought Travis Johnson and Mario looked solid on the line- everybody else regularly lost their battles.

The team is close to being good, but we just aren't there yet.

Thorn 11-25-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

I don't see 8-8 now. I do see 7-9. The Texans have to learn how to quit beating themselves, they are their own worst enemy.

adam 11-25-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 789622)
I don't see 8-8 now. I do see 7-9. The Texans have to learn how to quit beating themselves, they are their own worst enemy.

Agreed. One thing that would help would be to bench Owen Daniels. The tight end is a regular target of Schaub's, thus it would be good to have one that didn't drop the ball/fumble multiple times in one game. Also, a little defense would be nice. When the opposing team gets any sort of momentum, we get run over completely on defense. We more or less gave them 14 points today. This team could play good football, we just don't.

ObsiWan 11-25-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 789628)
Agreed. One thing that would help would be to bench Owen Daniels. The tight end is a regular target of Schaub's, thus it would be good to have one that didn't drop the ball/fumble multiple times in one game. Also, a little defense would be nice. When the opposing team gets any sort of momentum, we get run over completely on defense. We more or less gave them 14 points today. This team could play good football, we just don't.

What IS it with Daniels? Isn't this like 3-4 games in a row he's put the ball on the ground? If he was a RB, he'd be sent home or at least riding the pine.

painekiller 11-25-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

And this was one of the should be a win games we had left on the schedule. .500 is looking like a challenge about right now.

adam 11-25-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 789630)
What IS it with Daniels? Isn't this like 3-4 games in a row he's put the ball on the ground? If he was a RB, he'd be sent home or at least riding the pine.

Indeed. He averages 1 fumble for every 13 receptions. When you throw in the dropped passes (anyone have a stat on this?), he proves to be too unreliable. Anyone else on the bench Daniels bandwagon?

TheCD 11-25-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam (Post 789628)

I think the defense's problem (generally, not always) has to do with the fact that when the offense loses momentum, they tend to trap themselves in quicksand (OD fumble. Schaub's sack, INT). It seems as though our team has the ability to overcome 1, possibly 2 mistakes a game...but any more than that and it falls apart. This is probably because our defense gets stuck out there for a while and gets tired. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the line plays very aggressively, and if the offense is ahead, their aggressiveness tends to set up the run pretty well, which in turn wears them out.

I think OD just needs a good old fashioned Tom Coughlin lesson in holding onto the ball. Anyone remember when Tiki "I'm Smarter Than You" Barber had problems? Not anymore, because the coach he hated fixed all of that.

The Titans game this year gave us a flash of what we'll see in the next few years. We'll be able to overcome deficits...we're just missing two or three pieces (RB, maybe an OL or two) on offense, and 3 or 4 on defense (Compliment safety to Hutchins, if we leave him there next season, DE opposite Mario and LB) and we should be set. Knowing Kubiak and Smith, I would expect it to be no more than 2 years to be all but set, and next year to need maybe 2 or three more pieces total.

brakos82 11-25-2007 05:43 PM

I don't WANT to think! :bat:

adam 11-25-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCD (Post 789637)
I think the defense's problem (generally, not always) has to do with the fact that when the offense loses momentum, they tend to trap themselves in quicksand (OD fumble. Schaub's sack, INT). It seems as though our team has the ability to overcome 1, possibly 2 mistakes a game...but any more than that and it falls apart. This is probably because our defense gets stuck out there for a while and gets tired. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the line plays very aggressively, and if the offense is ahead, their aggressiveness tends to set up the run pretty well, which in turn wears them out.

That's a good point. It's hard for a defense to play well at all when the offense is losing the TOP battle so badly.

Quote:

I think OD just needs a good old fashioned Tom Coughlin lesson in holding onto the ball. Anyone remember when Tiki "I'm Smarter Than You" Barber had problems? Not anymore, because the coach he hated fixed all of that.
I would rather he get the Kubiak treatment and just disappear from playing time for a little while.

Wolf 11-25-2007 06:28 PM

I find it wild that the browns are 7-4 with the 32nd ranked defense

ObsiWan 11-25-2007 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 789668)
I find it wild that the browns are 7-4 with the 32nd ranked defense

not really, they have a hot offense and a defense that does just enough. Remember how bad the Colts defense sucked all last year? All they did was win the Super Bowl. ...not to say the Browns will, but a mediocre defense matched with a high scoring offense (and a lot of luck) can result in a winning season.

Wolf 11-25-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 789682)
not really, they have a hot offense and a defense that does just enough. Remember how bad the Colts defense sucked all last year? All they did was win the Super Bowl. ...not to say the Browns will, but a mediocre defense matched with a high scoring offense (and a lot of luck) can result in a winning season.

true, but browns defense hasn't even been mediocre this season (yards and points given up)
but their offense sure is clicking

I don't know which suprised me more, their defense or our lack of offense

ObsiWan 11-25-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 789684)
true, but browns defense hasn't even been mediocre this season (yards and points given up)
but their offense sure is clicking

I don't know which suprised me more, their defense or our lack of offense

For me, it was our lack of offense.
And what the hell did they activate Walker for if he wasn't going to play?!?! That's the one thing about Kubiak that irritates me the most, he won't give the youngsters a chance. Even when the incumbent is mediocre or worse. Dayne (he'd be the "mediocre") and Petey Faggins (and he would be the "or worse") come immediately to mind. He didn't figure out what he had in Chris Taylor until the last damn game of the season last year. And he didn't sit Eric Moulds and give Walter a shot.

Nighthawk 11-25-2007 07:47 PM

You guys are ridiculous--

Flush this season and this team. We aren't anything like a playoff contender so please stop posting lists of where we rank in the "playoff picture."

We don't rank at all. We are losers losers losers with a capital L.

Schaub is a slightly improved David Carr who can't quite make the throws on target. He should be benched and traded ASAP. AJ -- Lord knows what has got into him. He looked like he wanted to be playing flag football out there today. The punter Turk should go. The D-line is a sieve. THe coaching sucked big time--no imagination, no surprise, no game.

And the dullest team in the league to boot.

I'm not kidding, McNair ought to revamp starting at the head coach and working all the way down. Let's hope and pray Kubiak really is in the market for the A&M job.

ObsiWan 11-25-2007 07:55 PM

Re: You guys are ridiculous--

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthawk (Post 789716)
Flush this season and this team. We aren't anything like a playoff contender so please stop posting lists of where we rank in the "playoff picture."

We don't rank at all. We are losers losers losers with a capital L.

Schaub is a slightly improved David Carr who can't quite make the throws on target. He should be benched and traded ASAP. AJ -- Lord knows what has got into him. He looked like he wanted to be playing flag football out there today. The punter Turk should go. The D-line is a sieve. THe coaching sucked big time--no imagination, no surprise, no game.

And the dullest team in the league to boot.

I'm not kidding, McNair ought to revamp starting at the head coach and working all the way down. Let's hope and pray Kubiak really is in the market for the A&M job.

are you a troll?
you sound like one.