Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   J.J. Moses (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4435)

El Tejano 11-18-2004 05:01 PM

J.J. Moses
 
Through much of training camp there was speculation as to wether or not J.J. should still be on the team because he only provides us a return man and not nearly enough WR and also the knock was that he doesn't have break away speed.

After viewing the games, how many feel that keeping him was a really good idea?

I feel it was a great decision. It almost seems as if sometime soon this guy is going to rip off a return for TD. That is not the only reason though. To me, Moses was the only bright spot last week. He was the only one I really saw trying and running hard when the game was pretty much decided.

Just MHO but I believe a player like that was worth keeping.

utahmark 11-18-2004 06:12 PM

i dont know if he's fast enough to ever go the distance but i am glad we kept him.

Reddevil63 11-18-2004 06:28 PM

He consistantly gives us good field position so Im happy. I wish he wouldnt leap so much though, hes gonna get killed one of these days.

texanfan2002114 11-18-2004 06:40 PM

I think it was great that we kept him!! He always puts the offense in a good starting position.

TEXANS84 11-18-2004 06:56 PM

Oh god here we go talking about my man again. Just because he doesnt score touchdowns doesn't mean that he isn't doing his job. The priority of the returner is to get good field position and not to fumble. JJ is solid on both aspects.

Dunta_Fan_23 11-19-2004 12:34 AM

JJ is a good player...What more can I say...

HJam72 11-19-2004 07:39 AM

I don't remember ever seeing him fumble. That's all I need to know. A guy that runs back punts and kick-offs withour ever fumbling is a keeper for sure.

TexansTrueFan 11-19-2004 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72
I don't remember ever seeing him fumble. That's all I need to know. A guy that runs back punts and kick-offs withour ever fumbling is a keeper for sure.


He fumbled the first return of last game, but that is the first time i have ever seen him fumble the ball. He gives us an opportunity to score every time he returns, a shorter field for the offense is always good ! Yall remember last season against the jets when he returned it all the way to the 15 yrd line and we were behind by a touch down, maybe less and the offense just couldnt do anything with the ball ! I'm glad we kept him, and thinking he will be around next season as well !

El Tejano 11-19-2004 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Oh god here we go talking about my man again. Just because he doesnt score touchdowns doesn't mean that he isn't doing his job. The priority of the returner is to get good field position and not to fumble. JJ is solid on both aspects.

Again, I felt it was a great decision to keep him and I mentioned earlier that I felt he was going to return one someday soon. Crazy things happen on night games. I can't wait til he does.

J.J. is awesome and his level of play is why I believe he needs to be a Texan for a long time. He never quits.

chuckm 11-19-2004 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72
I don't remember ever seeing him fumble. That's all I need to know. A guy that runs back punts and kick-offs withour ever fumbling is a keeper for sure.


I like JJ as well but am beginning to wonder if we're setting the bar too low if the best thing we can say is he doesn't fumble ........

TEXANS84 11-19-2004 12:15 PM

I personally would like to see him used like Dante' Hall is used up in KC. Bring him out in 5 WR sets. Let him run the reverse.

TexansTrueFan 11-19-2004 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84
I personally would like to see him used like Dante' Hall is used up in KC. Bring him out in 5 WR sets. Let him run the reverse.


true he may not be the fastest guy on the field but when he gets the ball he has the ability to make people miss and get good yardage !

Ediddy73 11-19-2004 03:02 PM

good field position is like kissing your cousin. If that's all he's got , and it is, then you're all settling for mediocore. Why do Drummond and Azumah score TDs?? Because they have speed. If "the little engine that couldn't" runs any better than a 4.7 40 i'd be very suprised. Holding on to the ball? Joppru has as good of hands as JJ, and he's just as fast, so put HIM back there returning punts. Settling for JJ is like settling for finishing 19th in the Daytona 500. :loser

El Tejano 11-19-2004 04:06 PM

You'll see. He will bust one before the season is over.

infantrycak 11-19-2004 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ediddy73
good field position is like kissing your cousin. If that's all he's got , and it is, then you're all settling for mediocore. Why do Drummond and Azumah score TDs?? Because they have speed. If "the little engine that couldn't" runs any better than a 4.7 40 i'd be very suprised. Holding on to the ball? Joppru has as good of hands as JJ, and he's just as fast, so put HIM back there returning punts. Settling for JJ is like settling for finishing 19th in the Daytona 500. :loser

Well we have been over this several times, and still not buying this argument. Only 9 of 32 teams had anyone return a kick-off for a TD last year and only 2 of those had two returned--that's out of well over a thousand kick-offs. There were more muffed kicks that the 11 TD's. I'll kiss the cousin and go for a sure handed guy that gets good average field position as a preference rather any sense of settling.

TexansTrueFan 11-19-2004 04:28 PM

hmmm you can sure tell were in texas all this kiss your cousin talk :shocked we go from J.J to kissing cousins ! J.J will break one off for a TD and you will be kissing him when he does hows that Ediddy73 ?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger