Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Its time for Banks to start... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4412)

Ibar_Harry 11-17-2004 04:56 AM

Its time for Banks to start...

Boy am I going to be attacked on this one, but I do have a very logical reason. For some weeks people have been saying we need more play action and more movement by the QB. I think it's becoming very apparent that David's ankle is a bigger problem than we think. There have been several coaching comments to the effect we are not running play action because of his ankle. I elulded some time ago to the fact that I'm beginning to worry about his ankle. I believe he had similar problems last year. Has it become a chronic problem? Don't get me wrong I'm a Carr fan, but if he can't perform then is he making it harder for the O-line? More importantly has the opposition figured this out and know what they need to do to render him ineffective. Every team is looking for a weakness and they will exploit it as much as they can. May be we need to pull Carr and see if he can heal up. He was suppose to have the bye week to do so, but it seems like that didn't happen. That's another reason I think it's a bigger problem than we think. I hope you will take this as an honest point of discussion.

Wolf 11-17-2004 06:36 AM

I am not sure that is the problem.. He had the same injury against the jaguars and we beat a good team. For some reason when the "P" word was starting to be mentioned teams around the league took notice and played us.. We on the other hand haven't showed up the last 2 weeks.. OL not blocking and defense not getting turnovers. We mentioned the "P" word and seem not to raise our play to the "P" standard...

I wish we could do the playaction, but it really doesn't do us any good, when our starting RB is averaging close to if not less than 3 yards a carry. we just aren't fooling anyone. i don't think his goal of 1500 yards or so is going to be reached this seasons.

rittenhouserobz 11-17-2004 08:29 AM

Is it possible that teams have not spent as much time gamepalnning against the Texans in the past. Now that the Texans are starting to show a little more success more teams are paying attention. In turn, the coaches should be making better adjustments to counteract the gameplanning of the opposition.

WWJD 11-17-2004 08:53 AM

Unless he is hurt you don't bench David Carr. Period.

thegr8fan 11-17-2004 09:03 AM

:rofl: thanks ibar. what a way to start out the day, with a perfectly good joke that ending in hysterical laughter. :BananaWav

JustBonee 11-17-2004 09:26 AM

I thought he filled in well and did a good job the first few times he was called in to sub for David, but his last two outings were scary. The rust must be building up.

redlion 11-17-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegr8fan
:rofl: thanks ibar. what a way to start out the day, with a perfectly good joke that ending in hysterical laughter. :BananaWav

really. :)

I think it's just like everyone said the other teams now take the texans seriously and prepare better. Texans don't seem to be planning just as good. I got a feeling sunday night against the pack, we are gonna see a better texans team. [crosses fingers]

V Man 11-17-2004 10:59 AM

Great Idea!!!

Since we've lost two weeks in a row, here are the changes we should make.

Banks --- Carr
Hollings---Davis
Moses---Johnson
Murphy---Bruener
Peek---Wong
Wong---Foreman
Orr---Sharper
Lord---Earl
and
Kris Brown--- Coleman (he plays safety on Kickoff why not every play) :jumpbanan

Joe Texan 11-17-2004 11:28 AM

I think 100 laps for the O line for each sac

100 laps for the D- line and line backers for each run over 3 yards

100 laps for the D- secondary for each pass they get burned on

And Dominick need to do 100 head on runs into a brick wall.

And David needs to throw 1000 short, medium and long passes and he has to hit a dime under pressure or it doesn't count.

Afterward they need to do a regular practice

I bet next week they pay a little more attention

Grid 11-17-2004 02:25 PM

I understand where you are coming from Ibar, but I dont agree.

Carr is still learning.. yah he looks alot better.. but id be afraid to sit him and have him lose a step. He needs to be out there taking every snap, and as long as the injury is not going to get worse with him playing, then I think he should be out there doing that.

Especially in a time like this where our team is floundering and looking like they have no spark.. we need our leaders on the field.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 11-17-2004 02:25 PM

Banks is a bum. No way in hell he starts as long as Carr is able to play.

Vinny 11-17-2004 02:41 PM

I'm just glad Ibar will finally get to see a game since we are on National TV this week. It will help to see what you are commenting on.

This is the biggest non-issue we have.

TexansTrueFan 11-17-2004 03:03 PM

i dont think thats a very smart idea ibar :shocked ,,,but fortunately for us you are not the head coach

i'll take a bow and make my leave
Carr is much better than banks i do believe

Porky 11-17-2004 03:19 PM

Is it possible that one reason for the lack of play action is the lack of a running game? David Carr wearing concrete shoes is better than Tony Banks on his best day. Thanks for the suggest, but no thanks! :heh:

Mr. Old School 11-17-2004 03:44 PM

Carr Should Take Farbe

DC will be playing his idol on Sunday...I believe we'll prevail and send the Pack back with a "L". Finally, a little exposure on nationwide television.

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser".

Ibar_Harry 11-17-2004 04:28 PM

Its really funny to look at the comments, because I to believe David is our best QB hands down, but I believe Palmer has stated that they have been selecting their play calls based on David's injury to his ankle. If that's the case then it seems to me that the injury must be having a much greater bearing on the play than we think. They don't always tell us or the opposition how bad things are. Remember, how mad Carr got when he thought someone was going for his legs. Remember the helment incident. I have not posted this in the spirit for change for change sake, but out of observation of comments and what's happening. I'm not a Banks fan either. Sometimes you have to do things which require a long term outlook. A part of the effectiveness of the O-line has been predicated on a healthy Carr who can help them by being able to move. If he has lost that ability, then may be he shouldn't play until the injury has healed or until he is better able to move. Its not straight ahead movement that is often impared by an ankle injury, rather side to side or twisting motions that would affect the injury. I guess I also vividly remember watching what happened to Joe Theisman and I would hate to think something like that happened to David because he wasn't able to move an avoid the rush. A weak ankle is not fun and its not fun to play on. I think David is the type of person who would play on regardless of how injured he is, because he wants to WIN. That might not be in the best interest of the team in the long run.

wags 11-17-2004 04:34 PM

This is the first week in some time that Carr is not on the injury list, so he must be getting better. I am more worried about Wade being healthy so he can protect Carr, because Spears is gonna get him killed.

Ibar_Harry 11-17-2004 04:38 PM

I hope that is the case and you are right about Wade. I asked Vinny and no anwer. What has happened to the lineman Brown people were so high on at one time.

Lucky 11-17-2004 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan
I think 100 laps for the O line for each sac

You do realize that 100 laps would be about 20 miles, right?

Can you imagine an O-line that looked like the Kenyan long distance team? :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan
And Dominick need to do 100 head on runs into a brick wall.

I know that works for me. :headbang:

wags 11-17-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I hope that is the case and you are right about Wade. I asked Vinny and no anwer. What has happened to the lineman Brown people were so high on at one time.

I guess he's not good enough to start. Listed as backup to Pitts.