Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans mini camp (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44)

SBTexans08 04-30-2004 11:07 AM

Texans mini camp

The Texans are having their first training camp starting May 7-9 then another June 14-16 and I'm just dying to get involved with everything dealing with the Texans. What I'm wanting to know is whether the training camp is available to the public. I'd love to see it in person but I'm sure if folks are allowed to, it'd be an extremely limited amount of people with special passes or something. If not, I guess I'll have to settle for coverage on channel 24, ESPN, and channel 13. :(

Thanks in advance! ;)

sprtsfanatic 04-30-2004 11:21 AM

Thats a good question...does anyone have any info on this...I'd like to finally see my Texans mini camp in person too

infantrycak 04-30-2004 12:02 PM

Last year, the evening sessions of most of the training camp days were open to the public. The Texans built bleachers for the purpose and had concessions, signings, etc. going on outside. Tickets were free through Foley's. Don't remember the mini-camps being open to the public last year.

SBTexans08 04-30-2004 12:10 PM

Thanks infantrycak! Hey, any training camp will do! I'll be sure to go to either one that's for the public. This is totally great news!

keyfro 04-30-2004 12:12 PM

the mini camps were not open to the public but the training camps in late june early july were...hopefully they do that again it was a fun atmosphere :banana:

sctx109 05-01-2004 02:58 AM

From my understanding, the mini-camps are not open to the public. The training camp which usually starts the third week of July or so through the second week of August had the night practices open to the public. Usually, there would be three night practices a week. Last year, the tickets were gree but had to be obtained from Foley's or I think Fiesta food, but not positive on that or how they are going to do it this year.

aj. 05-01-2004 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sctx109
...the mini-camps are not open to the public ... training camp which usually starts the third week of July or so through the second week of August had the night practices open to the public. Usually, there would be three night practices a week. Last year, the tickets were free but had to be obtained from Foley's ...

This is correct.

TexanExile 05-01-2004 11:40 AM

By the way, it seems like the season's starting late this year! We have a preseason game on SEPTEMBER 2. When does Texans camp start?

sctx109 05-01-2004 11:50 AM

Do not believe they have set the exact date yet, but I might be wrong. However, camp started July 25th last year, so maybe something like July 30th or July 31st. It seems everything is getting started a week later this year, but I just cannot see the starting date for training camp being pushed back until August. Additionally, even though the first scheduled preseason game is on August 14th, I remember hearing that the Dolphins will visit and practice some joint dates with the Texans and then play a scrimmage, which would logically occur some time the weekend of August 7th maybe. Just a guess, but the Texans would get a week of practice under their belts before practicing with the Dolphins. Wasn't there a rumor about practicing with the Saints too? That makes sense to me, but someone else with better knowledge, please help out.

Bull Pen 1 05-01-2004 09:01 PM

Training camp opens July 30th. I heard it on the news the other night. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Fiddy 05-01-2004 10:41 PM

Here are the listed dates for all teams minicamps from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7293366