Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Payback's a mutha..... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4393)

El Tejano 11-16-2004 12:03 PM

Payback's a mutha.....
 
Hey, I know we got blown out this past week. Noone here can make any excuses about how or why we lost. Truth be told, Indy was the better team on Sunday aside from the fact we just quit.

However, they did add insult to injury many times in that game. I don't know about any of you but I have watched football long enough to know that payback's in this league are a mutha....

Indy may not know but they could've stirred the pot just the way it needs to be stirred for our team to do something more damaging to Indy in December. I do know that things happen to teams in worse scenarios when they get cocky like the way Indy did.

Now, I don't wish any harm on a player. I have been on this board saying I want to beat teams with their best players on the field but Manning has to start watching his back now cuz things happen.

Does anyone remember the thrashing the Bengals gave the Oilers in the playoffs one time. Well the Bengals lost the Superbowl that year and the next year they weren't even a match for the Oilers and actually were the worse football team in the league for many years. As a matter of fact last year they finally had a non losing season since then.

I am not saying we will be the ones to give injury to any player nor am I wishing that or that Indy will suck for many years. I am just pointing out something that could happen very quickly for a team on the verge of missing some of its pieces the following year.

Oh we will be waiting in Houston though and I am very sure we will not follow up this last performance with the same outcome next time. :popcorn:

dan7 11-16-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano
Hey, I know we got blown out this past week. Noone here can make any excuses about how or why we lost. Truth be told, Indy was the better team on Sunday aside from the fact we just quit.

However, they did add insult to injury many times in that game. I don't know about any of you but I have watched football long enough to know that payback's in this league are a mutha....

Indy may not know but they could've stirred the pot just the way it needs to be stirred for our team to do something more damaging to Indy in December. I do know that things happen to teams in worse scenarios when they get cocky like the way Indy did.

Now, I don't wish any harm on a player. I have been on this board saying I want to beat teams with their best players on the field but Manning has to start watching his back now cuz things happen.

Does anyone remember the thrashing the Bengals gave the Oilers in the playoffs one time. Well the Bengals lost the Superbowl that year and the next year they weren't even a match for the Oilers and actually were the worse football team in the league for many years. As a matter of fact last year they finally had a non losing season since then.

I am not saying we will be the ones to give injury to any player nor am I wishing that or that Indy will suck for many years. I am just pointing out something that could happen very quickly for a team on the verge of missing some of its pieces the following year.

Oh we will be waiting in Houston though and I am very sure we will not follow up this last performance with the same outcome next time. :popcorn:

Excellent point....I believe the best way for an NFL team to achieve long-term success is not to rile up the opposition; I guess the Colts aren't smart enough to realize that.

texan279 11-16-2004 12:23 PM

I know this is a little off topic but did anyone notice McNabb chunking bombs downfield last night in the 4th quarter when the Eagles were up 42-21?

texan279 11-16-2004 12:25 PM

Texans | Robinson Upset With Colts - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:15:28 -0800

NewYorkJets.com reports Houston Texans CB Dunta Robinson wasn't happy that the Indianapolis Colts were still passing with a monster lead in Week 10. "I'm not on their sideline," Robinson said. "I'm not their head coach, but you're up 42-14, and you're still throwing the ball? I thought that disrespected us."

OzzO 11-16-2004 12:28 PM

Oh, I dunno... I see it both ways. Yeah, it may be p.c. to pull the reigns in if you're out in front. But on the flip side (if it was us that was dominating and the fans were going nuts) it's the style that "if you wanna stop us, then stop us". Why should the dominating team pull back?

Agree though - hope that put some fire under the TEXANS lower extremity and that they did get pissed off of that whuppin. Gotta show some heart and a some "brass b's" as well.

TexansTrueFan 11-16-2004 12:28 PM

i wouldnt worry about it to much guys, with as much room as manning takes up in the salary cap, they wont have enoght money to keep most of their current players and will have major cap troubles in a few maybe next year ! But i'd like to see us give em the whipping they deserve before all that happens ! Like on Dec 12, 2004 in Reliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolb:

DOCTOR24 11-16-2004 12:57 PM

Let's be realistic about this!
 
Do we not pay our defensive team millions of dollars to do something about what happened in the Indy game? No one likes the humiliation of the final 6 minutes of the ball game and what Manning and the Colts did, but the fact is this, who is in better position to stop what was happening but our defense? The Colts put 11 offensive players on the field to score points and we put 11 defensive players on the field to stop them.

As much as I hate to say it, the fact remains that we (the defense) didn't do their job. It would have been nice to see a few players on our defense do their job and defend passes....afterall that's what they get paid the millions of dollars in salary to do!!

SESupergenius 11-16-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan279
I know this is a little off topic but did anyone notice McNabb chunking bombs downfield last night in the 4th quarter when the Eagles were up 42-21?

The Eagles had the ball with over 12 minutes left in the 4th. When it the Eagles got it back they ran the ball to kill the clock. That's not what Indy did.

WWJD 11-16-2004 01:09 PM

I have changed my mind about this. I use to get my back up on what I thought was running up scores.

Now I think ok these guys get paid to do this. So stop somebody already. If the Texans aren't any better prepared than they were last Sunday it will be the same thing in December. The Colts will score at will and the Texans will get spanked.

I expect the Texans to have a good week of practice and play well Sunday. I expect Coach Capers to do a better job.

GoHoarse 11-16-2004 04:03 PM

Texans
 
I am an Indy fan and have been a season ticket holder for 10 yrs now. What the Colts were doing Sunday was getting the job done. Just because there was 6 minutes left and we we up big, doesnt mean they should run every time. Dungy put it best, Houston had 8-9 guys in the box expecting the run, so why would we run it 3 times then punt? Remember the Monday night game last year at TB? The Colts made an unbelieveable comeback at the end of that game, (not being Colts fans you had probably already given up) so whos to say that couldn't have happened to us? The Colts ARE a very classy team on and off the field. No hard feelings and I do expect a closer game in Dec. Good Luck :patriot

coltsfreeney93 11-16-2004 05:23 PM

I hear a lot of bashing coming from people about how the Colts tried to run up the score on Sunday. All the Colts were doing is just trying to kill the clock by doing what they do best and that is pass the ball. Randy Cross on CBS is an ***** when he called the Colts "classless". People have asked why did we still have Peyton and Company playing in the final minutes. Why aren't any of the Texans fans asking why the Texans were running a hurry up offense will their starters with less than 2 minutes to go down 42-14? Nobody is complaining about Kansas City running up the score on Atlanta, nobody is complaining about Philly throwing bombs last night in the stomping of Dallas. The Colts were not disrespectful in anyway to Houston. Bottom line is your team had a horrible day on both sides of the ball and have no one to blame but themselves. All this talk about revenge and cracking heads, breaking legs is childish. The Texans need to come together and move on. Houston could not stop us on Sunday. Might be different in December, but remember you guys just like us have games in between that one, so they have to make sure they aren't looking ahead (and again, that goes for both teams). Good luck in the next month and see you again in Dec. :patriot

shinerbock_girl 11-16-2004 05:45 PM

Their right guys...WE owe the colts fans an apology....Our team just played bad and theres no use thinking about revenge when we have many important games left to play before we even play the colts again...Lets just move on to the next game....Nothing good ever comes from revenge, it only comes back to haunt you in the end....Its not over yet and we'll have another chance to redeem ourselves...Every team has their bad games, even 2 in a row, look at the broncos who lost 2 in a row and even the colts...I guess it was our turn this time....Sooo time to move on and worry about those packers...YEAHHHH!!!!! :jumpbanan

texansfan88 11-16-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coltsfreeney93
I hear a lot of bashing coming from people about how the Colts tried to run up the score on Sunday. All the Colts were doing is just trying to kill the clock by doing what they do best and that is pass the ball. Randy Cross on CBS is an ***** when he called the Colts "classless". People have asked why did we still have Peyton and Company playing in the final minutes. Why aren't any of the Texans fans asking why the Texans were running a hurry up offense will their starters with less than 2 minutes to go down 42-14? Nobody is complaining about Kansas City running up the score on Atlanta, nobody is complaining about Philly throwing bombs last night in the stomping of Dallas. The Colts were not disrespectful in anyway to Houston. Bottom line is your team had a horrible day on both sides of the ball and have no one to blame but themselves. All this talk about revenge and cracking heads, breaking legs is childish. The Texans need to come together and move on. Houston could not stop us on Sunday. Might be different in December, but remember you guys just like us have games in between that one, so they have to make sure they aren't looking ahead (and again, that goes for both teams). Good luck in the next month and see you again in Dec. :patriot


As nice as that statement was, I still want Mannings neck broken on December 12th...Have you ever met him? what a jerk

coltsfreeney93 11-16-2004 05:54 PM

All this talk about revenge and cracking heads, breaking legs is childish


Quote:

Originally Posted by texansfan88
As nice as that statement was, I still want Mannings neck broken on December 12th...Have you ever met him? what a jerk


My point exactly. Please move on, but I understand your anger. I get extremely mad when the Colts have a horrible game, but I would never wish injury on any player.

shinerbock_girl 11-16-2004 06:06 PM

Quote:

As nice as that statement was, I still want Mannings neck broken on December 12th...Have you ever met him? what a jerk
TEXANSFAN88, Why do you say hes a jerk?? Have you met him before???....I just curious because i don't know much about him....

siconik 11-16-2004 06:18 PM

Ok, if Colts scored 2 TDs in the forth quarter, I could see the reason for complaints. The things is, they scored no points on the offense. I know it might seem too complicated, but wouldn't you need to, well, score, before being accused of running up the score?

coltsfreeney93 11-16-2004 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siconik
Ok, if Colts scored 2 TDs in the forth quarter, I could see the reason for complaints. The things is, they scored no points on the offense. I know it might seem too complicated, but wouldn't you neet to, well, score, before being accused of running up the score?


I forgot to point that out..thanks!

TD 11-16-2004 06:58 PM

Manning's going to pass for 60 minutes every week no matter the score to beat:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/images/...inotribute.jpg

He's on pace to break the single season TD record, and I think he wants it. Not to disrespect other teams.

utahmark 11-16-2004 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siconik
Ok, if Colts scored 2 TDs in the forth quarter, I could see the reason for complaints. The things is, they scored no points on the offense. I know it might seem too complicated, but wouldn't you neet to, well, score, before being accused of running up the score?


i think the bomb on 3rd and 1 with 4 min left is what did it. the only reason they didnt score is because he dropped the ball. just because they didnt do a good job of running up the score does'nt mean they were not trying to.

Low Life 11-16-2004 07:08 PM

hey...
 
peyton manning is working on a record. is it classless of us to complain about him trying to do something that's never been done? i hate that it was us but it's not like they were talking trash about it. if the score would have been 98 - 14 then that's our fault and nobody elses. i would feel more like a chump if those guys put there second string team against our starters in the fourth quarter and that was still the score. since when does an opposing team "owe" us opportunities to score. last i checked you had to earn everything you get.

with that (my opinion) being said, i hated to watch it but i watched every second and cheered for each of our interceptions and TDs in trash time just as if we were winning. if you're an athlete then you know that some days you're just off. slumps happen and if you've ever listened to parliament then you know it's hard to get out of the funk. we'll be fine but crying about how bad we got our posteriors handed to us truly makes us look like a bunch of sissies.

once again. this is just my opinion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger