Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   24 Hour Rule is Over! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4366)

TEXANS84 11-15-2004 03:30 PM

24 Hour Rule is Over!

Lets move on. We all predicted this summer that we would lose these two games to Denver and Indy...so we shouldn't be too upset. Heck, the press was saying that the GB game and the Titans game would be our first win streak-(we've done that twice already).

So lets not hang our heads low. The game is long gone, and in comes the Cheeseheads.

Sunday Night Football! Skycam! Blimp! The whole Nation is watching this game!
Here's a little something to get you pumped about a night game!:
Beautiful, isn't it?

shinerbock_girl 11-15-2004 03:38 PM

YEAHHHHHH BABYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bowdown:

FILO_girl 11-15-2004 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Lets move on. We all predicted this summer that we would lose these two games to Denver and Indy...so we shouldn't be too upset. Heck, the press was saying that the GB game and the Titans game would be our first win streak-(we've done that twice already).

So lets not hang our heads low. The game is long gone, and in comes the Cheeseheads.

Sunday Night Football! Skycam! Blimp! The whole Nation is watching this game!
Here's a little something to get you pumped about a night game!:
Beautiful, isn't it?

It is so beautiful....... :woot:

pittbull 11-15-2004 03:56 PM

i have a tear in my eye...

After watching the game in the RCA Dome and looking at the pic's of our beautifl stadium, I can only bring a tear t my eye. That place where the Colts plays is cool for having 55,000 fans real close to the action, but the building itself is horrible! Not only that, there facilities are bad too!

SBTexans08 11-15-2004 04:45 PM

Our endzones don't look like that anymore.........why is that? They are natural green with white font.

TEXANS84 11-15-2004 05:27 PM

I really hope the roof is open for this one. The Cowgirls game had the extra pyrotechnics and with the roof closed, left a foggy haze inside.

thegr8fan 11-15-2004 05:31 PM

it is a blind guess but I would say they don't paint anymore than they have to in an attempt to keep the grass growing. The south endzone gets alot of shade and not much sun. So the less blocker, like paint, they have on the grass the easier it is to keep it growing and green.

utahmark 11-15-2004 05:47 PM

thanks i needed that.

Blake 11-15-2004 05:56 PM

I agree. its time to let these losses go. We need to focus on our date with the fudge packers. aka the Green Bay Packers.

Hervoyel 11-15-2004 06:34 PM

It will be a long time before I can let the Colts game go but I can keep it deep down inside until vengance time. Until then this is, as we all know the NFL and it don't stop just because you're down. Another week, another opponent.

Besides we've been about as bad as we can get the last two weeks. The law of the gridiron says that when you get thumped "x" number of times eventually someone's going to play you and get all that pent up frustration right in the forehead.

Starting now I'm officially going to go on record and say that the Packers walk into Reliant thinking "no problem" and find themselves on the recieving end of a stomping. The Texans aren't going to flop three weeks straight and definitely not at home. No way.

TexanExile 11-15-2004 07:32 PM

I'm praying you're right, Herv. The pack's been extremely hot on offense in the past month, but not as strong on D. Sadly, nobody's better than us at making a bad defense look studly.

But it DOES have to end somewhere, and they HAVE been rolled badly this season. Maybe Sunday night will be another such moment, when the Texans dig deep and say enough is enough. But Favre and prime time go together like Shiner Bock and a tube trip down the Frio...hard to beat.

texansfan88 11-15-2004 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hervoyel
It will be a long time before I can let the Colts game go but I can keep it deep down inside until vengance time. Until then this is, as we all know the NFL and it don't stop just because you're down. Another week, another opponent.

Besides we've been about as bad as we can get the last two weeks. The law of the gridiron says that when you get thumped "x" number of times eventually someone's going to play you and get all that pent up frustration right in the forehead.

Starting now I'm officially going to go on record and say that the Packers walk into Reliant thinking "no problem" and find themselves on the recieving end of a stomping. The Texans aren't going to flop three weeks straight and definitely not at home. No way.

Most of my family is in GB and while cocky, they are worried that most of the young guys will come in thinking this is a breeze after the past 2 weeks.

They're offense will be tough though...favre and ahman especially. But I expect big weeks from 3 local boys by the name of Javon Walker, Donald Driver and Robert Ferguson

shinerbock_girl 11-15-2004 07:38 PM

YEAHHHHHH TEXANEXILE on the shiner bock....i have to think of something pleasant right now.....LOL..... :jumpbanan

texansfan88 11-15-2004 07:54 PM

you know...collective soul is in houston having a free concert that day in the arena theater...you could at least bring the most unappriciated rock band around to do the national anthem or something...i mean roger craiger...GREAT...not

mike moffat 11-16-2004 12:30 AM

I agree. We need to file the last two weeks in our memory banks. Let's not forget them, but we must move on. Being the Die Hard fans that we are, it's not easy getting spanked. We all got pretty cocky in the last few weeks. Maybe we needed to get the attitude adjustment. Anyway, the Texans are still our team. I am proud of them. :jumpbanan

Dunta_Fan_23 11-16-2004 12:38 AM

Nice picture of the stadium

Would love to have that on my desk top

:c)

TEXANS84 11-16-2004 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunta_Fan_23
Nice picture of the stadium

Would love to have that on my desk top

Mark Green Photography

Enjoy! Also, go to just mgreen.com and scroll down to stadium pics. Its all high quality UNBELIEVABLE images of the stadiums in Houston.

Dunta_Fan_23 11-16-2004 01:00 AM

ok thanks...I'll look into that

Chance_C 11-16-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

i mean roger craiger...GREAT...not
Really, Roger will sing the anthem? Alright!!!

infantrycak 11-16-2004 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texansfan88
..i mean roger craiger...GREAT...not

Ummm yeah--hate when the Texans have a Texas icon come in to sing the anthem as opposed to a band that people don't appreciate.