Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Do you play fantasy football? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43291)

Marcus 10-13-2007 04:51 PM

Do you play fantasy football?
 
Do you play fantasy football?

Overalls 10-13-2007 05:13 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I have four teams. 3 at NFL.com and 1 at EA sports that I joined off this board.

1 of my NFL.com teams is 5-0. My other two are circling the drain waiting on AJ to suit up again.

My team with EA sports is 3-2 with Larry Johnson not showing up yet.

V3rm0nt3r 10-13-2007 05:25 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Overalls (Post 759246)
My team with EA sports is 3-2 with Larry Johnson not showing up yet.

Trade LJ he won't show up this year.

Pearl Trade 10-13-2007 05:32 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
i play in a Yahoo league and my team is 5 out of 12 since Andre has been out for me

GuerillaBlack 10-13-2007 05:53 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I do play. I have five teams. Three at NFL.Com and two at CBS Sportsline.

Hardcore Texan 10-13-2007 06:30 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Yes, I have two teams at cbssportsline.com, and they are both are paid league with a cash prize.

I really need AJ to get healthy as well. I have him on both teams, I picked up Davis on both teams as well to fill in for AJ, he has helped me out. I also have OD on both my teams, and Schaub on one of them.

disaacks3 10-13-2007 06:38 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I used to....

Then, I started finding myself rooting for an opposing running back to score, b ut for my team to win. I got tired of watching for player updates, rather than just enjoying the games.

Brandon420tx 10-13-2007 07:08 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I just picked up Steven Jackson in a trade (I gave up Greg Jennings). My other 2 running backs are Shaun Alexander and Ronnie Brown, so its not like I'm hurting for him to start. I round-robin my WRs and had just picked up Jennings anyway :)

The Pencil Neck 10-13-2007 07:24 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I only play in one league with some friends of mine.

bah007 10-13-2007 07:32 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 759289)
I only play in one league with some friends of mine.

Yea same here.

I dont see the fun in having 3 or 4 or more different teams.

TexanSam 10-13-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I do, but I don't take it all that seriously. I don't understand how anyone could spend more than 15-20 minutes a day playing fantasy football. If you do, I would probably call you a loser.

GuerillaBlack 10-13-2007 08:00 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 759299)
I do, but I don't take it all that seriously. I don't understand how anyone could spend more than 15-20 minutes a day playing fantasy football. If you do, I would probably call you a loser.

I guess I am a loser. I usually check back and see how I am doing in all my teams the whole day Sunday (when I am home and when games are being played).

TexanSam 10-13-2007 08:04 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack (Post 759303)
I guess I am a loser. I usually check back and see how I am doing in all my teams the whole day Sunday (when I am home and when games are being played).

Well I think there's a difference on checking how your teams are doing on Sunday, and actually just adjusting your roster and such during the week for hours at a time. I don't see how anyone could spend any significant amount of time playing FF when it's not a Sunday

kiwitexansfan 10-13-2007 08:07 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I have two teams and its my first year, it definately adds a layer of enjoyment to the games.

I'm 5-0 at nfl.com on the back of Brady, R. Moss and Witten.

At ESPN I'm 1-4 despite having what I thought was going to be a great team with Addai, Gore, Brees, Fitzgerald and Santana Moss.....

SheTexan 10-13-2007 08:17 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
I've been playing for 17 yrs. I play on a league with friends, no online stuff for me. Right now I'm 4-1, but all my WRs are on the injured list. I picked up Andre Davis, need someone else, but don't have any one I want to trade. I'm gonna wait and see what happens to AJ, just not ready to part with him. I also have A Boldin and M. Harrison. Maybe all will come back healthy in a week or so.

Vinny 10-13-2007 08:30 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 759271)
I used to....

Then, I started finding myself rooting for an opposing running back to score, b ut for my team to win. I got tired of watching for player updates, rather than just enjoying the games.

I play but I'm not rooting for anyone as much as I just have an interest in the league as a whole. I just like projecting how the kind of game the skill guys will have vs various defenses and matchups and check out the results. I enjoy how it helps me stay in touch with the talent around the league...forces me to check up on teams other than ours and it helps me stay educated about the league.

GuerillaBlack 10-13-2007 08:35 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Same. It has helped me learn about a lot of other teams. I probably wouldn't have given a rats ass about Sammy Morris, but he gave me 10 points last week as a last second fill in.

Blazing Arrow 10-13-2007 09:16 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Heck yeah!

3 leagues ... I typically win at least one a season! :bat:

TD 10-13-2007 09:55 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 759304)
Well I think there's a difference on checking how your teams are doing on Sunday, and actually just adjusting your roster and such during the week for hours at a time. I don't see how anyone could spend any significant amount of time playing FF when it's not a Sunday

I admit, I check for injuries daily to see if there's a backup I should snatch up. Its OK though, you wouldn't be the first person to call me a loser. :)

Blazing Arrow 10-13-2007 10:14 PM

Re: Do you play fantasy football?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TD (Post 759334)
I admit, I check for injuries daily to see if there's a backup I should snatch up. Its OK though, you wouldn't be the first person to call me a loser. :)

MB boards are way better about finding sleeper picks .... just have to be a troll though ....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger