Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43091)

Errant Hothy 10-08-2007 09:38 AM

Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3053100

Quote:

ATLANTA -- Suspended Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones said he's done enough to be reinstated back to the NFL early.

Jones, suspended for the 2007 season in April for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, said that he'll meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell later this month about reinstatement after 10 games. His case won't be reviewed until after the Titans' 10th game on Nov. 19.

"I think I did enough. I did pretty much everything Mr. Goodell asked me to do. So, all I can do is just wait and go back to speak with him," Jones said in an interview in Sunday's editions of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Good ol' Pac-Man. Always good for a laugh.

Blazing Arrow 10-08-2007 12:56 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
At least he does not stand over an unconscious man and taunt him.

bah007 10-08-2007 01:08 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 755411)
At least he does not stand over an unconscious man and taunt him.

Nah that's true.

He just has his bodyguard go blast the guy.

Blazing Arrow 10-08-2007 02:08 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bah007 (Post 755435)
Nah that's true.

He just has his bodyguard go blast the guy.

The difference is not convicted or even accused of murder vs doing something like that on national TV then later trying to justify your actions. Especially after just two weeks ealier one of your team mates was in the same basic position.

Specnatz 10-08-2007 02:38 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 755511)
The difference is not convicted or even accused of murder vs doing something like that on national TV then later trying to justify your actions. Especially after just two weeks ealier one of your team mates was in the same basic position.

He did not stand over him he said something as he walked by and pointed at him. You ASSume he taunted because that is what every announcer has called it and that is what the flag was for. But he could have easily said F U.

Ckw 10-08-2007 02:41 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Plus it wasn't like Travis Johnson knew he was really hurt. He had no clue. He was just ticked off at Trent Green for clipping him and when he saw him on the ground, he probably just thought he got the wind knocked out of him or something like that. Then he just gave him a little piece of his mind so Green would know not to do that next time. But something tells me Blazing Arrow would be singing an entirely different tune if it were Albert Hainsworth.

TexansLucky13 10-08-2007 02:43 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 755511)
The difference is not convicted or even accused of murder vs doing something like that on national TV then later trying to justify your actions. Especially after just two weeks ealier one of your team mates was in the same basic position.

Someone is in Pacman denial. I pity you.

Texan_Bill 10-08-2007 02:48 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 755511)
The difference is not convicted or even accused of murder vs doing something like that on national TV then later trying to justify your actions. Especially after just two weeks ealier one of your team mates was in the same basic position.

Trent Green got exactly what he deserved. A) he's a QB and knows about protecting knees B) he has a history of concussions, (really dumb to lead with your head) and C) It was a cheap shot...

Again,

It was a cheap shot...

The only issue I have with TJ, is his after the game interview. He could have let it go..

WWJD 10-08-2007 02:49 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ckw5814 (Post 755556)
Plus it wasn't like Travis Johnson knew he was really hurt. He had no clue. He was just ticked off at Trent Green for clipping him and when he saw him on the ground, he probably just thought he got the wind knocked out of him or something like that. Then he just gave him a little piece of his mind so Green would know not to do that next time. But something tells me Blazing Arrow would be singing an entirely different tune if it were Albert Hainsworth.

How could he not know? He was immediately knocked out...not moving.

Texan_Bill 10-08-2007 02:49 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Back to topic. Pac-man is still a punk that deserves nothing.

Texan_Bill 10-08-2007 02:50 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by WWJD (Post 755562)
How could he not know? He was immediately knocked out...not moving.

Possibly he didn't know because he was busy bouncing off the his head - upside down. He immediately popped up and walked towards Green.

Brando 10-08-2007 02:56 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ckw5814 (Post 755556)
Plus it wasn't like Travis Johnson knew he was really hurt. He had no clue. He was just ticked off at Trent Green for clipping him and when he saw him on the ground, he probably just thought he got the wind knocked out of him or something like that. Then he just gave him a little piece of his mind so Green would know not to do that next time. But something tells me Blazing Arrow would be singing an entirely different tune if it were Albert Hainsworth.

No kidding, on the unsportmanlike penalty(Haynesworth on the Cowboys Gurode), BA would probably say "Ah he was just trying to kill the mosquito on his face".

Texan_Bill 10-08-2007 03:01 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Haynesworth

Haynesworth is a class act.

HOU-TEX 10-08-2007 03:05 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bah007 (Post 755435)
Nah that's true.

He just has his bodyguard go blast the guy.

As bad as this sounds, it was quite humerous and sadly might be true.:user:

Brando 10-08-2007 03:15 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 755578)
Haynesworth

Haynesworth is a class act.


That's the one I was talking about......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow
At least he does not stand over an unconscious man and taunt him

.

At least he does not stand over a man on his back and maul his face with his cleats.

Blazing Arrow 10-08-2007 04:00 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specnatz (Post 755550)
He did not stand over him he said something as he walked by and pointed at him. You ASSume he taunted because that is what every announcer has called it and that is what the flag was for. But he could have easily said F U.

Don't let visual proof step in the way of your argument ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2weKmGtemn8

Blazing Arrow 10-08-2007 04:21 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ckw5814 (Post 755556)
Plus it wasn't like Travis Johnson knew he was really hurt. He had no clue. He was just ticked off at Trent Green for clipping him and when he saw him on the ground, he probably just thought he got the wind knocked out of him or something like that. Then he just gave him a little piece of his mind so Green would know not to do that next time. But something tells me Blazing Arrow would be singing an entirely different tune if it were Albert Hainsworth.

Rewatch the play he is definalty looking to give Green a piece of his mind. If you have the wind knocked out of you you roll around not lay lifeless on the ground. His own player had to tell him to move on. Classless!

I have been very vocal about my feelings on AH. If you really want to hear them thoughts on the guy take a look on goTitans. I think the guy is a slug and constantly has issues. This was not his first stomp. The other came a year or so before in practice to our C.

Texan_Bill 10-08-2007 04:25 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 755639)
Don't let visual proof step in the way of your argument ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2weKmGtemn8

I don't know what video you watched, because the link you provided CLEARLY shows that TJ never really quit walking towards the sideline. It's obvious that he had some harsh words for the cheap shot artist - but thats it.

Hervoyel 10-08-2007 04:30 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 755411)
At least he does not stand over an unconscious man and taunt him.


Complete crock of manure post. The clip is in multiple places online so maybe go take a look at it and know what you're talking about.

Hervoyel 10-08-2007 04:36 PM

Re: Pacman says he's earned right to be reinstated
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 755639)
Don't let visual proof step in the way of your argument ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2weKmGtemn8

Yeah, you should learn to tell the difference between slow motion and real time. Travis Johnson walked by him, except in clips like that where they chose to slow him to a crawl above Trent Green to prove their point.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger