Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   This Team Is Bad..... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4304)

Tailgate 11-14-2004 02:31 PM

This Team Is Bad.....

PERIOD. There is stench coming from every aspect of this team. Way to ruin my NFL interest here lately.

At this point we are a LONG LONG way from actually being a good team. We keep playing like this and.... its time to start talking 2005 draft.

Just fuming...

shinerbock_girl 11-14-2004 02:36 PM

this game is worse then the broncos

geeezzzz...why is our defense even on the field??? they aren't blocking anything...

The Wal-Mart 11-14-2004 02:41 PM

Absolutely Disgusting

Fat Jerry DeLoach gave up on a play to recover a fumble, the secondary looks as pathetic as it did when Matt Stevens was around, nobody tackles, the 3-4 is a joke, the o-line can't move or block anybody, and Dom Capers looks like he has no idea what's going on. Even if the Texans miraculously manage to win this game things need to change this off-season. Gary Walker is a 10 year veteran eating up salary for mostly getting injured, Rob Smith hasn't done much of anything. The enire defense could collect disabilty the way they drop like flies. Where's Antwan Peek? He's the only one that puts pressure on the QB and he's on special teams. The players look unmotivated and need someone to chew them out and get on them, Capers isn' t that guy. The 3-4 only works when the d-line is strong enough to break the o-line and the linebackers are fast enough to cover WRs. Week after week commentators say we look terrible, so it's just not a one game thing, it's been like this for 3 years.

Texas_Heat 11-14-2004 02:52 PM

The joke of the NFL

This team is full of loser players no heart they don't try.

Tailgate 11-14-2004 02:54 PM

And the icing on the cake here is that Seth Payne is out and hasnt returned yet.

THIS IS BLACK SUNDAY

TexanExile 11-14-2004 02:55 PM

Sorry, but as someone who lives a few miles from Pro Player stadium in Miami, the Texans have nothing on the Dolphins for "joke of the NFL."

texansfan88 11-14-2004 03:06 PM

week 8 after we beat jaguars to go 4-3...all of you were saying PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS PLAYOFFS

now you want capers head after 2 weeks? you all need to be...well i'm not going to say it cuz it will be deleted and make me sound like a terrorist, but you need to jump off the bandwagon

ATX 11-14-2004 03:08 PM

Fire the Texans

28-0 13:12 3rd quarter. end of story

ATX 11-14-2004 03:08 PM

35-0 Carr fumbles for 3rd time. Fire them all

ArlingtonTexan 11-14-2004 03:11 PM

worse the expansion year

i don't remember two back to back butt kickings during the two previous years....all this after a streak of 4 of 5 wins where we looked like an NFL team...things change fast.

OzzO 11-14-2004 03:12 PM

get a grip atxcowboyfan. Yeah, it's sad - but look at it this way, all the players will have a second hole when Capers gets done with them.

TexanBacker93 11-14-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
35-0 Carr fumbles for 3rd time. Fire them all

When Carr can't even get to his 3rd step in a 3 step drop most of the time I would hesitate to fire him. What we are seeing is a coach that knows how to adjust his gameplan to attack the weakness of another team. Shanahan did the same thing. Dungy and Shanahan are both winning coaches that know how to make gameplans. Capers and crew runs their base defense with some blitzing every game. They are pure vanilla. This team has talented players. If they aren't a good team it's the coaching. Zone blocking isn't working with this group. Vic Fangio is outmatched by every offensive unit in this league.

ATX 11-14-2004 03:15 PM

Not 1 single Texan player looks good today. nothing is going right. they're getting shutout against a bad defense. Carr looks like an *****, the Oline is pathetic. the Dline is bad, no wait pathetic. DD is a one hit wonder. What happened to the Texans? where is the Defense? bla bla bla, Texans you're embarrasing Houston

TexanBacker93 11-14-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atxcoolguy
Not 1 single Texan player looks good today. nothing is going right. they're getting shutout against a bad defense. Carr looks like an *****, the Oline is pathetic. the Dline is bad, no wait pathetic. DD is a one hit wonder. What happened to the Texans? where is the Defense? bla bla bla, Texans you're embarrasing Houston

JJ has had a couple of decent kick returns. Not spectacular, but considering his competition for best Texans player of the game...I think he might be a winner.

OzzO 11-14-2004 03:19 PM

<does search to find all those posters predicting playoff runs....>

This is the same team we were praising a few weeks ago, nothing has changed except playing a better team... well, that and we've come out flat the past two games and can't pull out of it.

ATX 11-14-2004 03:22 PM

time to bring in the 3rd strings.

utahmark 11-14-2004 03:22 PM

i cant watch no more.

the first game i have ever not finished watching. say what you want but this is making me sick. ill be back next week but for this game im done.

WWJD 11-14-2004 03:25 PM

The Texans are getting manhandled on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. That sure makes it tough for the offense to get rolling and Peyton is finding wide open receivers who are running for huge chunks after the catch.

I haven't even heard Marvin Harrison's name much which shows you other players are stepping up for them.

William 11-14-2004 03:32 PM

We just made their defense look good... go figure

WWJD 11-14-2004 03:39 PM

My goodness. 41-7. I didn't expect this at all.

Peyton Manning is in another zone today. Hitting any receiver he wants and they are wide open.

Hard to believe they are getting blown out like this.