Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Platinum & Blue Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42875)

Yankee_In_TX 10-02-2007 09:55 AM

Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
We'll be eating Mahi-Mahi (dolphin) and not sure what else. Probably adding XM radio to our corner, and I am sure Adam's poker table (?!?!) will be there again.

Can't wait!

m.clizzle 10-02-2007 10:25 AM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
we're coming down from Canada (toronto and vancouver) for this one. we'll stop by to say hello 'eh.

Yankee_In_TX 10-02-2007 10:29 AM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by m.clizzle (Post 750471)
we're coming down from Canada (toronto and vancouver) for this one. we'll stop by to say hello 'eh.

Cool - what color parking do you have?

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photo...s/DSC_0007.JPG

Texan_Bill 10-02-2007 10:38 AM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Mahi-Mahi is what I was thinking about doing too...

Tedc 10-02-2007 03:05 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by m.clizzle (Post 750471)
we're coming down from Canada (toronto and vancouver) for this one. we'll stop by to say hello 'eh.

Make sure you do. There are a lot of posters on this board that would like to meet you.

m.clizzle 10-02-2007 04:54 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
we currently have a yellow parking pass. and 6 seats together in 636. we brought our kleenex for the nose bleeds :-)

I met JoeTexan and some of the boys last year at the Hall of Fame game.

We will definitely be tailgating!

Yankee_In_TX 10-04-2007 07:27 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Will also be having veggie kabobs. Please stop over to our corner and try some!

NitroGSXR 10-04-2007 07:30 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
If you're going to be having some non-dolphin safe tuna, I'm game.

Yankee_In_TX 10-04-2007 07:34 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroHonda (Post 752464)
If you're going to be having some non-dolphin safe tuna, I'm game.

Mahi-Mahi-->we're eating dolphin! (even though that's urban legend, no relation)
http://www.captaintommy.com/gallery/...2005%20075.jpg

NitroGSXR 10-04-2007 07:40 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 752465)
Mahi-Mahi-->we're eating dolphin! (even though that's urban legend, no relation)
http://www.captaintommy.com/gallery/...2005%20075.jpg

Mahi-mahi is a dolphin fish. Dolphin fish are not to be confused with porpoises which are also called dolphins. Dolphin fish are cold-blooded members of the fish family, while porpoises are mammals and are protected by law. I want me some dolphin this Sunday.

texanmojo 10-04-2007 07:44 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 750475)
Cool - what color parking do you have?

http://www.texansbullpen.com/07photo...s/DSC_0007.JPG

Yankee...I know you want to show your colors...but...this is a Texans tailgate... :)

Yankee_In_TX 10-04-2007 07:47 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Funny, no one ever says anything to the LSU or Cal or A&M fans 30 yards down :-P

(and we had 4 Buckeyes and 2 honorary Buckeyes out of the 8 of us!)

Joe Texan 10-04-2007 08:35 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Thinking of frying fish for this one

And yes children there is a pinata

TxDavid 10-04-2007 08:49 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan (Post 752502)
Thinking of frying fish for this one

And yes children there is a pinata

I feel a new Blue Crew tradition coming on.....

texanmojo 10-04-2007 10:27 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 752475)
Funny, no one ever says anything to the LSU or Cal or A&M fans 30 yards down :-P

(and we had 4 Buckeyes and 2 honorary Buckeyes out of the 8 of us!)


...and they should be flying their colors on Saturday...not Sunday! :)

Yankee_In_TX 10-05-2007 10:26 AM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
I have been corrected (though I need to Wiki it!).

Apparently flipper is a porpoise, not a dolphin.

Mahi Mahi is a dolphin.

So we WILL be eating the Dolphins.

When you get dolphin free tuna, they mean porpoise.

So says the Mrs.

Will google later, need to study now.

TxDavid 10-05-2007 03:28 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 752710)
I have been corrected (though I need to Wiki it!).

Apparently flipper is a porpoise, not a dolphin.

Mahi Mahi is a dolphin.

So we WILL be eating the Dolphins.

When you get dolphin free tuna, they mean porpoise.

So says the Mrs.

Will google later, need to study now.

Learned something new....so the internet really is good for something besides porn....

edo783 10-05-2007 06:21 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 753023)
the internet really is good for something besides porn....

Naaahhh.:user:

Tedc 10-05-2007 06:34 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 753023)
Learned something new....so the internet really is good for something besides porn....

There is porn on the internet?

NitroGSXR 10-05-2007 09:36 PM

Re: Blue Crew: Dolphins Tailagte
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 752710)
I have been corrected (though I need to Wiki it!).

Apparently flipper is a porpoise, not a dolphin.

Mahi Mahi is a dolphin.

So we WILL be eating the Dolphins.

When you get dolphin free tuna, they mean porpoise.

So says the Mrs.

Will google later, need to study now.

Man, look at my earlier post. You're still wrong. Mahi-mahi is NOT a dolphin. It's a fish. It's a dolphin fish. Dolphins AKA porpoises are warm blooded mammals. The Miami Dolphins have a porpoise on their logo thus they're referring to the warm blooded mammal here. That's why I want some NON-dolphin safe tuna.

Flipper is a dolphin which is also known as a porpoise.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger